Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:33:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Overclockers.co.uk accepting bitcoin.  (Read 1747 times)
george51 (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:23:29 PM

Was just buying on overclockers.co.uk - on the payment option noticed you can now pay in bitcoin.

No mention of this on their website, or on here as far as I can see.

Good news - slowly the adoption is spreading.
Clegg

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:24:10 PM

I've not heard of them before but always nice to see some adoption in the uk. I hope more is to come.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 05:25:40 PM

I've heard of overclockers! Yey! More UK retailers! That's great news for me if I ever get the money to build a new PC! Tongue

There is a weird trend with these kind companies though where they don't seem too keen on actually showing whether they do or not, either that or they just can't really be bothered updating the payments pics etc.
eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:26:01 PM

I've bought from overclockers in the past and will again now. This is excellent news.

I wouldn't recommend their pre-builds though. My friend bought one and it was woefully under-cooled
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:30:04 PM

Was just buying on overclockers.co.uk - on the payment option noticed you can now pay in bitcoin.

The beast is already unleashed and no govt can stop it. Adoption is now a matter of time. We need to keep close eye about the security staff for different services and raise the alarm early if something smells bad. Because, average Joe may not differ much between Mt. Gox & Bitcoin. Those, who have tried to convince bitcoin to non-tech people, knows why I'm saying this...

Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:31:23 PM

Thats strange that they have adopted bitcoin but no offocial annoucement was ever made making the annoucement might just add to their profits. I'll be buying my next computer from these!

george51 (OP)

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:52:07 PM

Thats strange that they have adopted bitcoin but no offocial annoucement was ever made making the annoucement might just add to their profits. I'll be buying my next computer from these!
That's exactly what I thought as well, why wouldn't you publicise it?
bitcerto

Activity: 151

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:57:20 PM

The beast is already unleashed and no govt can stop it. Adoption is now a matter of time. We need to keep close eye about the security staff for different services and raise the alarm early if something smells bad. Because, average Joe may not differ much between Mt. Gox & Bitcoin. Those, who have tried to convince bitcoin to non-tech people, knows why I'm saying this...

Aint that the truth! It's annoyingly hard to explain the benefits of using Bitcoin over fiat money to people who have no technical understanding AND have no interest in challenging the status quo.
Exergy

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:27:43 PM

I've used overclockers regularly for years.

This is the first merchant announcing bitcoin acceptance that I have actually thought I will get some utility out of.

Thanks OCuK!
Krang

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:29:29 PM

I#m sure they will but probably rely on word of mouth. Companies like this dont have much advertising budget probably.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 08:32:14 PM

I#m sure they will but probably rely on word of mouth. Companies like this dont have much advertising budget probably.

It doesn't cost any extra money just to add a "We accept Bitcoin!" image on your website and I'm speaking from personal experience too, the only thing I can think of it's like scan.co.uk where they simply forgot about the Bitcoin images on the other areas of their websites.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:36:55 PM

Aint that the truth! It's annoyingly hard to explain the benefits of using Bitcoin over fiat money to people who have no technical understanding AND have no interest in challenging the status quo.

2 points has worked good for me till date to convince people...

1. From 2009 to 2014 Bitcoin's value has rose from 1 USD to 650 USD. So if u can convert a part of your FIAT savings to bitcoin for long term.

2. Those who are remitting money from Europe/USA to Asia makes around 5%-10% loss due to forex commission. Bitcoin is a preferred medium for them to transmit money.

In the long run, when more merchants will accept Bitcoin, I'll tell them to use it over Credit Card to avoid recurring charge and protect their identity. In simple word, for those who does not understand the technology, give them a reason to shift to it. Show them monetary profit ....and they'll listen to U.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:50:59 PM

That is excellent news. Another drop each day.

Baitty

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:52:06 PM

Even though they are a little more expensive than other alternatives after looking around I'll still be using these because of the Bitcoin function.

pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:19:54 PM

Good advice: don't shop there.

Especially with bitcoin.

Just read some horror stories about them.

symzzi

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:42:43 AM

I want to like Overclockers UK as they have a good selection of PC parts that are hard to find elsewhere, although I've shopped with them for about 3 years and its just been one customer service disaster after another. I spent close to £2500 on GPU mining hardware last year and they shipped out wrong cards (Nvidia instead of AMD?!) on two occasions I had to return, I've RMA'd cards and been sent back completely different manufacturer B Stock models with no explanation and told that I can only keep it and deal with it or return it at my own expense for partial credit etc. Their website system of contact is a nightmare, I've tried to complain to management 3 times about my last issue and it keeps going through to another department that says they can't deal with it and I have to resubmit it..

I'm done with them, I've given them 5 or more chances to sort their shit out and they still fuck it up every time. I don't care if they're the only source of something in the UK, I'd rather not have it than buy it from them.
johnatan32

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:22:47 AM

I want to like Overclockers UK as they have a good selection of PC parts that are hard to find elsewhere, although I've shopped with them for about 3 years and its just been one customer service disaster after another. I spent close to £2500 on GPU mining hardware last year and they shipped out wrong cards (Nvidia instead of AMD?!) on two occasions I had to return, I've RMA'd cards and been sent back completely different manufacturer B Stock models with no explanation and told that I can only keep it and deal with it or return it at my own expense for partial credit etc. Their website system of contact is a nightmare, I've tried to complain to management 3 times about my last issue and it keeps going through to another department that says they can't deal with it and I have to resubmit it..

I'm done with them, I've given them 5 or more chances to sort their shit out and they still fuck it up every time. I don't care if they're the only source of something in the UK, I'd rather not have it than buy it from them.

Wow, well you tell us so we know versus who we buy.
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:34:35 PM

The adoption of bitcoins is increasing every day, Overclockers is a big and trusted company, I'm sure that more will follow.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 01:17:07 PM

Good advice: don't shop there.

Especially with bitcoin.

Just read some horror stories about them.

I haven't shopped with them before but I have heard of them but if there is lots of negativity I'll just be sticking with scan.co.uk if you have technical problems you'll usually find yourself on their forums looking at year old posts detailing the problem lol Tongue
unexecuted

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:45:25 PM

Noticed this yesterday, the option to pay by Bitcoin was quietly added to their payment system. Along with scan.co.uk that is now two of the biggest computer component sellers in the UK that accept Bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: