Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:39:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Organize meeting to discuss ANON software, how it will work, etc.
6/17 at 11PM CET - 7 (38.9%)
6/18 at 11PM CET - 3 (16.7%)
6/19 at 11PM CET - 8 (44.4%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GRK][TITAN] LIS Investment Group present to you 'Greekcoin'  (Read 31310 times)
Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:19:23 PM

In your OP: Number of POW coins: 7,532,409

How many total coins, including POS?

Open excel take 7,532,409 * 1,05 and this amount you take and do again * 1,05 and then you know how many years it will take to hit 20M, 50M, 100M.
do you think the money would return 600 sat again?

this coin is HIGHLY undervalued right now

LOL 600 sat with 40% ipo hell no

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greekcoindev (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:26:14 PM

RE: Anon. If you are truly working on a unique Anon system, that's great. If you're not and just intend on copying another coin's anon code or really don't plan on implementing one at all (I noticed your date for completion is August which causes some people to wonder why so long - people will worry that you'll be dumping your coins long before then and never complete the anon), it's best you be up front about your plans. I think it's okay to not have an anon (it's over-hyped right now, anyway) as long as you have interesting plans and goals for this coin that will benefit its investors. After the disaster with honorcoin, people are somewhat allergic to loose promises. I'm not accusing you of anything or questioning your intentions - just sharing where people's sentiments are at this point in time.

Good luck!

We are trying to create our own anon code, that is why it is so late. If we want to dump our coins then you don't need 2 months to dump it, this most of the time happens on the first date when it hit the exchange or after a pump.

The concept is easy, but somehow the development is not that issue. So you have your GRK wallet and you send 1 coin to another GRK wallet. What we are trying to achieve is, that this 1 coin is send to a big wallet address. The original GRK address will have a extra key stored in the database. This big wallet will forward the amount of coins to the delivery address. From the moment there is a confirmation then this unique key that was stored for the first address will be removed so that there is not link between the send and the receiver address.

But we have a few problems Smiley and we knew that we will run into problems, that is why we are talking about August.
greekcoindev (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:33:35 PM

Open excel take 7,532,409 * 1,05 and this amount you take and do again * 1,05 and then you know how many years it will take to hit 20M, 50M, 100M.

IPO != Premine. IPO are investors, not DEV. You can look at it like big mining farms that were mining Greekcoin for a few days, but not using electricity for the coins but BTCs. If those IPO owners want to hold their coins then the floating coins are pretty low, meaning that if something extra comes out of Greekcoin, like for example our Anon then it will not be 600 sats, but 6000sats Wink
equalizer

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:41:21 PM

RE: Anon. If you are truly working on a unique Anon system, that's great. If you're not and just intend on copying another coin's anon code or really don't plan on implementing one at all (I noticed your date for completion is August which causes some people to wonder why so long - people will worry that you'll be dumping your coins long before then and never complete the anon), it's best you be up front about your plans. I think it's okay to not have an anon (it's over-hyped right now, anyway) as long as you have interesting plans and goals for this coin that will benefit its investors. After the disaster with honorcoin, people are somewhat allergic to loose promises. I'm not accusing you of anything or questioning your intentions - just sharing where people's sentiments are at this point in time.

Good luck!

We are trying to create our own anon code, that is why it is so late. If we want to dump our coins then you don't need 2 months to dump it, this most of the time happens on the first date when it hit the exchange or after a pump.

The concept is easy, but somehow the development is not that issue. So you have your GRK wallet and you send 1 coin to another GRK wallet. What we are trying to achieve is, that this 1 coin is send to a big wallet address. The original GRK address will have a extra key stored in the database. This big wallet will forward the amount of coins to the delivery address. From the moment there is a confirmation then this unique key that was stored for the first address will be removed so that there is not link between the send and the receiver address.

But we have a few problems Smiley and we knew that we will run into problems, that is why we are talking about August.

That's great - thanks for the summary. If possible, please add snapshots of work in progress (when it makes sense to do so) as August is like *years* in the crypto world. Not asking you guys to rush your work or produce sub-par work just to keep people updated, but if the anon effort is earnest and real, it would behoove you and your early investors to have some visual progress, perhaps on a weekly basis.

And take to heart what I wrote about this being a 'country coin.' As I'm sure you know, country coins have a long history of inflated value via a completely imagined marketcap. Just state your case to the exchanges why you are different, and with the coin supply + an active dev presence, you should be able to get on additional exchanges.

And update your website too Wink
Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:43:15 PM

IPO != Premine. IPO are investors, not DEV. You can look at it like big mining farms that were mining Greekcoin for a few days, but not using electricity for the coins but BTCs. If those IPO owners want to hold their coins then the floating coins are pretty low, meaning that if something extra comes out of Greekcoin, like for example our Anon then it will not be 600 sats, but 6000sats Wink

That would be 180 btc for ipo nice not even talking about creating dumps
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:46:09 PM

That would be 180 btc for ipo nice not even talking about creating dumps

I love the idea of IPO. As i already said, no hashrate, so IPO is great for small miners, of course, it is always possible that your money is gone if it was a scam coin, but your money will also be gone without IPO too, as your coins will be worth nothing what you have mine, so...
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:44:36 PM

Keep selling  Grin
greekcoindev (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:35:16 PM

greekcoindev (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:44:41 PM

I've created a poll to discuss the anon software, the status of it, how we are moving forward, etc. Please be part of the pool and make sure that you can join it. There are 3 dates setup, so one of those days will be used to have a Q&A.

Any question that you have know, feel free to ask. We need your support to improve our coin and increase value of Greekcoin. Any suggestions are welcome, if you want to discuss something in private, please send me a PM, please note that i have limit access because of my newbie account, so if it takes to long before i reply then it is most likely because of the 6 mins delay.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
equalizer

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:25:52 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 02:02:22 PM by equalizer

Thanks for this image, but it's not terribly helpful since the big question is what's happening inside the "Greek Coin Anon Software" isn't it? Everyone knows there is a sender and a receiver  Undecided

There are a few coins you should look at if you're aiming to be original. Pinkcoin has an anonymizer but only at the web level (not sure if it's already been implemented or still in the prototype stage). Supercoin is currently testing their anon feature but it's not yet ready for primetime (though simply showing real progress has resulted in their price shooting up 15x since I was buying it). Cloak, Crypt, Vericoin, and others all claim to be working on an anon feature, but to my knowledge none of them have gone live with their solutions yet (Dark and XC are closest to being feature complete, but don't quote me on that as I'm not 100% sure).

Keep in mind with the recent scams and hoaxes playing upon some loose promise of an 'anon solution,' people are very prickly about whether or not a coin is truly planning on delivering. There's not much you can do about that other than to stay very active in this thread and regularly show some kind of proof that work is being done. Sucks, but this is the result of many many scammers preying on the unsuspecting...

And to boot, you have a country coin name, which also spurs terrible memories for people. Any chance you might consider a coin name change in the future?

Just checked your website and you still have dead links and no specifications listed. I keep bugging you about this, but that's actually because I want this coin to do well Smiley

greekcoindev (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:29:07 AM

I've receive some great feedback from a few of the community people. Thanks!

One of the concerns is the name of the coin. Greekcoin is in fact not a country coin like Greececoin, Spaincoin or any other country coin. Greekcoin is in fact a ancient coin, but because of the negative news around country coins, i would ask the community if they are interesting in posting a new name for Greekcoin, so that we can promote ourself in a different way, as currently 99% of the people have a bad feeling around the name of the coin.

Also some concerns were addressed to us, that the anon transaction is not for real and that it is just used for a marketing stunt. As stated before, we are working on it, but we have some problems with getting it working. The code will not be open source as we don't want to have other coins to steal the code that we have written. We spend and still spending a lot of time to get it working. It is complex, but if it was easy then everybody would have it, no?

Some pieces of code can be posted as prove that we are working on it.

We will also continue improving the website, some spelling mistakes, etc.

Once again, thanks for the feedback and lets work together to get Greekcoin (or new Greekcoin) on mintpal or Poloniex.
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:28:31 AM

I smell a pump is coming  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:49:15 AM

lets hold so this many coins this price... its either up or off a cliff Smiley

For me reward out ways the risk 10fold for me

greekcoindev (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:11:58 AM

I'm trying to think to re-marketing Greekcoin. Coin price is based on what investors want to pay for it. I cannot change anything about that.
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:42:47 AM

I'm trying to think to re-marketing Greekcoin. Coin price is based on what investors want to pay for it. I cannot change anything about that.

Considering this coin does go through a name change, how will this effect what we have currently in the exchange?
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:28:23 PM

Considering this coin does go through a name change, how will this effect what we have currently in the exchange?

It is the same like what happened with Pink, it was PC and now it is listed as PINK. So if Greekcoin will suddenly call Silencecoin and the ticker is SIL, then just a wallet update is necessary and inform the exchanges to use the new symbol. I believe that is it.
equalizer

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:42:58 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 02:34:47 PM by equalizer

How about Siriuscoin?

Sirius is the brightest star in the night sky. With a visual apparent magnitude of −1.46, it is almost twice as bright as Canopus, the next brightest star. The name "Sirius" is derived from the Ancient Greek: Σείριoς Seirios ("glowing" or "scorcher").

The only downside to "Sirius" is the popular satellite radio company that goes by the same name.

Another word with both Greek and investment roots is Vega. Vegacoin or simply, Vega.

ϒ(Vega) represents the rate of change between an option portfolio's value and the underlying asset's volatility - in other words, sensitivity to volatility.

Others to consider:
Δ(Delta) represents the rate of change between the option's price and the underlying asset's price - in other words, price sensitivity.

Θ(Theta) represents the rate of change between an option portfolio and time, or time sensitivity.

Γ(Gamma) represents the rate of change between an option portfolio's delta and the underlying asset's price - in other words, second-order time price sensitivity.

ρ (Rho) represents the rate of change between an option portfolio's value and the interest rate, or sensitivity to the interest rate.

All these assume you would prefer to maintain the ancient Greek theme.

Also, after changing your name (and I would recommend changing your logo after selecting a new name), be sure to differentiate yourself from this: https://twitter.com/GreekCoinGR. Having a new name and logo will help, but for now, people are checking out your coin by going to the wrong twitter profile!
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:37:54 PM

Yes, Sirius was a almost broke radio station, their shares were trading at $0.02 and then it start moving higher like crazy, i've stop watching when it hit $3 or so, dammit, i must be a millionair, but i didn't buy it, i don't know why, there was a article that i was reading about the company and i just didn't buy, also i had limit number of fonds at that time so....
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:39:21 PM

The Vega one i like Smiley
poochpocket

Activity: 458
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:04:37 PM

I like Vega too. But VegaCoin sounds too close to VegasCoin. If you use Vega drop the coin, just Vega is better.

I also like Theta. Again, no "coin".
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: