Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:48:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory failing to load.  (Read 560 times)
eid (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:51:07 PM

I keep getting this same problem over and over.

When I first install the databases everything works fine. Then I come back after a few days and armory wont load; just crashes out. I found a post on here a while ago saying that is caused by a corrupted bitcoin database and is fixed by deleting both DB and starting again.

So I do that and it works for a few days then crashes again... round and round..

The only thing I can think that could even be relevant is that I'm solo mining (probably isn't relevant at all).

Anyone have an idea what is going on here?
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:02:23 PM

When you get in a state that crashes Armory, try to start it with the --offline switch. If it starts, then what you are experiencing is some sort of recurrent DB corruption. Do you use an anti virus or some sort of system snapshot recovery? What about HDD and RAM health?

eid (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:07:08 PM

When you get in a state that crashes Armory, try to start it with the --offline switch. If it starts, then what you are experiencing is some sort of recurrent DB corruption. Do you use an anti virus or some sort of system snapshot recovery? What about HDD and RAM health?

I don't use an anti-virus or recovery tool. I'll try what you suggest and check out my hardware (I haven't had any other problems though and bitcoind runs fine)

Thank you for your suggestions.
eid (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:04:32 PM

An upgrade to the latest client fixed this. I hadn't realised mine was out of date. Not sure what the problem was but it doesn't matter now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: