Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:12:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I create a coin for a private network?  (Read 653 times)
Johni_8 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:22:17 PM

I want to create a coin for my company private network and to use within our company only.  I have read a lot of articles, and all have show how one can go about create a new coin, but not how to set one up in a private network.  I have background in programming using Vb and I understand some C++.  It will take me forever just to decipher the code in C++ and understand how crypto-coins network protocol work.  I was wondering if someone can help and point me in the right direction.

Thanks
John
piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 11:31:34 PM

The idea of decentralized currency is about proof-of-work function, that is protected by the mining process.

You probably don't need to create a decentralized currency like this for your company private network.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
ThomasMuller

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:34:09 PM

I suggest you take a look at Coloredcoins. Sounds like you could use it!
ffe

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:53:12 AM

Use the Ripple client. They have an online wallet and they allow you to create and issue your own company currency. Create and transfer your currency between company accounts to your heart's content.
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 02:57:39 AM

google the classic guide by shak3zula

how to create scrypt coins for hobby and profit 

sorry i don't have a link.... good luck

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
KyrosKrane

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 05:07:16 AM

Ars Technica (the Web site) recently had some fun generating a custom coin, which readers could mine and then redeem for nifty perks on the site, like hats on their usernames. They posted a series of articles about how they set it up; here's the main one you'd be interested in. Maybe you could use it as a guide, or a starting point for your research.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/03/behold-arscoin-our-own-custom-cryptocurrency/

They used a Web site to create the new altcoin, including custom node and wallet apps.

Tips and donations: 1KyrosREGDkNLp1rMd9wfVwfkXYHTd6j5U  |  BTC P2Pool node: p2pool.kyros.info:9332
picopicopico

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:08:05 AM

in the standard bitcoin github tree there'a "qa" folder that contains some tests. In particular there's "wallet.sh" which tests basic block generation and wallet functionality in a local environment of 3 nodes. You can use that as a starting point setup for your private bitcoin network.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: