Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:19:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT Fly to the moon in 2014  (Read 2348 times)
asdf

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:27:26 AM

So it hit $0.10. How's that fixed fee working out for you?

I don't see how it's going to the moon when the fees are prohibitively high. Yeah, yeah, I know "they can change the fee". Right, so how's that supposed to work? The devs just lower the fee whenever they feel like it? Is there some consensus, some protocol?

I've never go a straight answer to this. Anyone?
Labteck

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:46:14 AM

What about the rumour about 3 middle companies going into NXT ?? Seems that is more than a rumour, will be some anouncement next week?

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
       VIORCOIN[by_conty] ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
        Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:14:57 PM

UMMM slight problem with your thesis. Qora, BCNext's proper project is up and running, who wants NXT 1.0 when they can have NXT 2.0. bye bye...

please explain what makes qora nxt 2.0
Wintermute

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:16:42 PM

Slightly offtopic: nyone knows if NXT daemon uses a similar interface like Bitcoin daemon?
gorillajam

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:50:36 PM

UMMM slight problem with your thesis. Qora, BCNext's proper project is up and running, who wants NXT 1.0 when they can have NXT 2.0. bye bye...

You will have to look through the posts of Qora as they are scattered. But there really is an VERY strong case that Qora is BCNext. Seriously loads of evidence.  A few of the top of my head. BCNext said NXT was a precursor to his real project, plus Qora said he was working on a project with others but too much talking ruined it for him. He codes in Java. He updates the client every few days, he didnt deny he is BCNext, he has used some similar language, he is from Europe, he appeared a few weeks after BCNext disappeared. he's clearly a genius. the list goes on and on. His behavior is almost exactly like BCNext is the biggest one. He appears only talks about the coin and disappears. Like BCNext he isn't interested in money or hyping his creation, rare in itself.

you will have to research it for yourself to see if you believe it or not. I accept it could be untrue but there was this that got people wondering. For me its the fact I don't know of anyone who can create such a brilliant coin alone, I mean apart from NXT and Bitcoin who has done that?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579858.0

Qora has some refinements on NXT like the forging is an algorithm that includes other factors not just size of stake. The asset exchange is planned in a few weeks so thats when we can see how well Qora has implemented everything. 

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:51:36 PM

Qora has some refinements on NXT like the forging is an algorithm that includes other factors not just size of stake. The assett exchange is planned in a few weeks so thats when we can see how well Qora has implemented everything. 

Thank you for the reply. I've seen the threads that make the claim of bcnext = qora dev, however this in an of itself does not = nxt 2.0.

I'm not sure the nxt 2.0 claim is valid. And I'm open to hearing more arguments on why Qora = nxt 2.0 but I don't see it yet.

satoshi is a genius but he is not the one coding bitcoin what it is today.
jr willit is a genius but he is not the one coding msc what it is today.
bcnext is a genius but he is not the one coding nxt what it is today.

Do you see my pattern? These geniuses started a movement but that does not mean that every idea they have is gold. Nxt has first mover advantage, and one hell of a team.

Qora for some reason always makes me think of the Last Airbender. lol
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:12:12 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2014, 06:34:03 PM by nextgencoin

Qora has some refinements on NXT like the forging is an algorithm that includes other factors not just size of stake. The assett exchange is planned in a few weeks so thats when we can see how well Qora has implemented everything.  

Thank you for the reply. I've seen the threads that make the claim of bcnext = qora dev, however this in an of itself does not = nxt 2.0.

I'm not sure the nxt 2.0 claim is valid. And I'm open to hearing more arguments on why Qora = nxt 2.0 but I don't see it yet.

satoshi is a genius but he is not the one coding bitcoin what it is today.
jr willit is a genius but he is not the one coding msc what it is today.
bcnext is a genius but he is not the one coding nxt what it is today.

Do you see my pattern? These geniuses started a movement but that does not mean that every idea they have is gold. Nxt has first mover advantage, and one hell of a team.

Qora for some reason always makes me think of the Last Airbender. lol

well I respect you are actually listening to my reply and not trying to create FUD to push the price down or simply not interested in finding out.

I won't hype Qora to you, NXT is great, Bitcoin is great. I think most believers in Qora have been created by following him how he operates over the last few months. It's a fair point about how coins have developed and I think Qora is a bit of an eccentric genius. he didn't turn up for a few days after the IPO just cause he was busy checking PM's. people were assuming the worst that he went AWOL.

I think in the end it will be how user friendly he implements the asset exchange. Thing is in my opinion NXT had the problem of too many cooks, I personally hate using any of the wallets. Qoras plan is to be as user friendly and as simple as possible.

And if it is BCNext you have to admit any NXT believer can't really discount a BCNext project. At the very worst I believe it's a new code so that makes it a rare thing and puts it potentially in the same category of NXT not just being a clone of NXT. I mean systems like Emunie that were planned had these functions but people were going crazy at the prospect of it. Qora has little fanfare so far. Yeah NXT has some overlap with Qoras functions but we shouldn't confuse function similarity with implementation. It's like saying Windows is the same as OS cause it does the same job. Implementation is everything. What I personally like about Qora is the focus on being future proof.

If you look at the top coins they all deserve to be there due to their innovation. That's why I'm sure it will be a major contender in some form or another. In the end I agree with the Qora developer when he said this:

"I believe that the features of cryptocurrencies will not decide which one will survive and which one not.
Some features will become useless and some will become standard in all cryptocurrencies.
I believe that at the end the most documented/user-friendly cryptocurrency will dominate.
Getting to this point might still take a few years."

Fatih-Brahman

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:27:42 PM

NXT is awesome, NEM will be awesome. There is enough space for 2 true 2nd gen coins. gogogogo

I fully share your opinion.
As we all can see there is no direct concurrence between NXT and NEM.
Both of them can have a bright and shiny future.
asdf

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:00:28 PM

I don't see how it's going to the moon when the fees are prohibitively high. Yeah, yeah, I know "they can change the fee". Right, so how's that supposed to work? The devs just lower the fee whenever they feel like it? Is there some consensus, some protocol?

OK here's a straight answer for you: No there is currently no protocol for dynamic fees (which I think would be a great thing for Nxt). But Nxt is developing a voting system within protocol that could be used as an alternative to centralized decisions about fee changes. Anyway this is not a major issue.

Thanks.

So users will may able to vote for fee changes in the future. At least that's some answer. Now the question is about the incentives of the voters and the economic viability of such a solution.

I don't see how this isn't a major issue. The fixed fee puts a cap on the price. If NXT is worth $10, that means each transactions costs $10! Clearly NXT will never reach $10 per coin. In fact, it's probably never going to go much higher than it is now, unless the fee is lowered (somehow).
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 07:14:51 PM

OK here's a straight answer for you: No there is currently no protocol for dynamic fees (which I think would be a great thing for Nxt). But Nxt is developing a voting system within protocol that could be used as an alternative to centralized decisions about fee changes. Anyway this is not a major issue.

Thanks.

So users will may able to vote for fee changes in the future. At least that's some answer. Now the question is about the incentives of the voters and the economic viability of such a solution.

I don't see how this isn't a major issue. The fixed fee puts a cap on the price. If NXT is worth $10, that means each transactions costs $10! Clearly NXT will never reach $10 per coin. In fact, it's probably never going to go much higher than it is now, unless the fee is lowered (somehow).

You must not be uptodate!

NXT will introduce a variable fee with the next NXT update. That means it will be way cheaper and the fee amount is depending on the size of the transaction.

DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:46:28 PM

NXT is leaded by really skilled devs and if you see the charts, in the last day it gained 21% of its value.
As I wrote in the thread "which coin will skyrocket", I'm sure this is going to be huge.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 08:34:32 PM

The idea is to let forgers choose which fees suites their need.

If they need a higher fee to cover their costs, they will announce it. If they can forge for a lower fee, they will change it. Different forgers will have different fee limits.
asdf

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:09:44 PM

The idea is to let forgers choose which fees suites their need.

If they need a higher fee to cover their costs, they will announce it. If they can forge for a lower fee, they will change it. Different forgers will have different fee limits.

Interesting... This wasn't the case last time I checked. I'll have to do some more research. Thanks :-)
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:49:56 AM

It still is not but this will form a natural market. Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: