Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:56:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE GHASH.IO!!!!!!!#TODAY#36Phash/s!!!!!!!=~44% of ALL NETWORK POWER if...  (Read 2979 times)
BITCOIN*me* (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:44:53 AM

...the next difficulty will be ~ 82Phash/s!!!!
GHASH.IO power grows very VERY RAPIDLY (I remember a few days ago only they stated to have just something over 24Ghash/s and TODAY it's 36GHash/s!!!!) CRAZY ,isn't Huh
....bitcoiners who are still support this "COMPANY" (usually via buying a NEW CLOUD HASHING MINING POWER from it) are SICK ,very VERY SICK & SHORTSIGHTED and nothing else probably the care ONLY short-time PROFIT(if some ever exists)!!!!! ....but GAME can be OVER much SOONER as YOU think!
I agree YOU CAN earn (loose less Cheesy ) by buying some cloud hashing power from them(CEX.IO),mostly because they are running the biggest pool=>less variance=the most stabile payouts + probably a cheaper maintenance costs (in compare to paying an expensive electricity etc...) ,but currently they are TOO BIG (with approx.44% market share and still growing!!!)=>TOO DANGER for the bitcoin, for us!!!!
I believe THEY CAN BE A SMART & not DIVE BITCOIN under "51% ATTACK" =>as they can spread a portion of their hashing power into the others (known & UNKNOWN) pools (personally I believe THEY ARE ALREADY DOING!!! ,if they have "A LUCKIER Cheesy day as usually....but what?WTF??? Is it mean a SECURE & DECENTRALISED BITCOIN NETWORK?Huh ...just imagine*What can happen, if they'll stop to be a SMART & HONEST GUYS??? ...or if "SOMEONE BAD" takes OVER their ALL HASHING POWER @ (GHASH.IO and in "OTHERS" pools) and....(you know what I mean so...) HuhHuh
I'm NOT AGAINST strengthening of network hash rate as a whole=it's VERY VERY IMPORTANT for bitcoin's GROWN Tongue ,but I'm AGAINST CONCENTRATION of so MUCH(maybe already the most)POWER in just 1 HANDS ONLY, because without decentralisation there will be(almost) NO TRUST and NO DIFFERENCE from others...
and BITCOIN's (as a whole(protocol/currency...)) VALUE WILL DROP TO (almost) ZERO!!!!!!!
Don't YOU agree with me hmmm?
YOU will be A BETTER OFF ,if you BUY some bitcoins from an "exchange or ATM" as to put your "HARD EARN MONEY/BITCOINS" to buy some overpriced "UNPROFITABLE" & totally "OUT OF YOUR CONTROL" cloud hashing mining power from the "BIGGEST POOL OPERATOR"!!!!!Thank You Wink

Ghash LOL.. If its only 36Ghash, I think they are currently at >0.1% Of network lol.  Its PetaHash, I agree it can be dangerous, its up to those miners to choose to leave the pool.
Sorry for BUGS! Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:16:21 AM

Ghash.io have already hit 51% now. Time for all those attacks.

They are coming out with some ways to reduce the 51%, I believe they are going to implement some fees.

I would doubt they would do this.

A more likely solution would be to repurchase their GH/s and take it offline and/or direct it to another pool.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: