Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 06:03:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014-06-04 Crash  (Read 3348 times)
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:46:06 AM

Crash? Wait until it drops to 450$ and then call it crash. It's just that the pump is over, time to profit.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:51:33 PM

look at the charts around nov/dec 2013.  On its way up BTC would gain 20%, then lose 5% quickly.  Then it would head right back up.  I wouldn't call anything less that a 10% drop a "crash"
rafamadeira

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:53:40 PM

Was there any fundamental reason why Bitcoin crashed today from $680 to $620-630?

crash he says.. lol

keep chillin'

Insert Coins Here: 1GWz2R7NKVgtYg8yYQ7bbzDZWyRLXoitBN

Thank you Sir!
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:55:10 PM

Was there any fundamental reason why Bitcoin crashed today from $680 to $620-630?

Bitcoin is a project created by the NSA in order to take money from the crazy anti-government libertarian movement, by getting them to invest all of their money into the project and then pulling the plug.

The problem is those wacko libertarians then invested not just their money but also their time building more and more services on top of bitcoin and popularizing it into a larger movement. Seriously who builds things anymore? No one in the government foresaw that coming.

Now the NSA is desperately trying to shut bitcoin down, but too many people are supporting the network and more and more people keep viewing every price drop as a buying opportunity, so their attacks are less and less impactful.

At least that is my theory for today's crash, it is as good as anyone else's theory and just as provable as far as I can tell.

If that theory were true (I subscribe to it), then the NSA would have 1.5 MBTC.

They could pull the plug on Bitcoin at will.

Somehow, I rather more suspect that traders are taking profits after a huge price hike once Bitcoin looked like it wasn't going to break (or be pushed) up out of it's 'bullish' cup n handle formation.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 02:15:27 PM

We're right at 652$, recovered 50% from the crash. Do you think it's a dead cat bounce?

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
jarrodaxia

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:20:52 PM

many dumps happening, we are going back to $400 and $300 fast once we successfully break $600, check price trend at here: http://www.btcpredictions.com/

Ding ding ding! Ladies and gentlemen, here we have the DAILY CLOWN!!!!!!!!!

Has the chart EVER been right!?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:25:21 PM

Every time the price moves a few bucks there always has to be a huge secret plot. Why not just think supply is getting ahead of demand?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:31:30 PM

This is just a normal dump, if the price would have dropped from 680$ to 400-450$ could have been called crash.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:32:33 PM

We're right at 652$, recovered 50% from the crash. Do you think it's a dead cat bounce?

Could be, but we recovered 100% from the last crash. I suspect this will go up a bit higher yet (~75%).

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:26:06 PM

many dumps happening, we are going back to $400 and $300 fast once we successfully break $600, check price trend at here: http://www.btcpredictions.com/

Trendline from 620 is... UPWARDS..
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:00:08 PM

Trendline from 620 is... UPWARDS..

The price trend at btcpredictions are erratic if you consider the ones of 5+ days long as it is written on the website.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Gingermod

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:12:11 PM

Bitcoin is a project created by the NSA in order to take money from the crazy anti-government libertarian movement, by getting them to invest all of their money into the project and then pulling the plug.

The problem is those wacko libertarians then invested not just their money but also their time building more and more services on top of bitcoin and popularizing it into a larger movement. Seriously who builds things anymore? No one in the government foresaw that coming.

Now the NSA is desperately trying to shut bitcoin down, but too many people are supporting the network and more and more people keep viewing every price drop as a buying opportunity, so their attacks are less and less impactful.

At least that is my theory for today's crash, it is as good as anyone else's theory and just as provable as far as I can tell.

You are an idiot.
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:24:52 PM

You are an idiot.

I wouldnt agree or disagree with everything he says. Some may have some truth, while some parts might be a little to out there. Who knows what the truth is until it unfolds.
Gingermod

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:26:29 PM

You are an idiot.

I wouldnt agree or disagree with everything he says. Some may have some truth, while some parts might be a little to out there. Who knows what the truth is until it unfolds.

No, get out.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:32:00 PM

someone needed a Lamborghini NOW, or pulled some prophits out of the table.
just hodl and see. The fun has still to start.
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:54:31 PM

You are an idiot.

No, get out.

Congratulations Gingermod on being today's internet fool.

The post is obviously a joke, if you need a /sarc tag in every post to explain that to you then you have a bit of growing up to do.

To explain it to you in the very simple terms you obviously need, the last line is the point of the post:

Meaning it is pointless for the OP to ask for reasons for the dump yesterday because there are a million different possibilities none of which are more or less provable than any others. The point is to say something absurd and then point out it is as valid as anything else that could be proposed.
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:59:29 PM

If there's this much panic and conspiracy theorization over the tiny drop from $680 to $630, I wonder what will happen in here when it retraces further to $560, which will still be a perfectly normal retracement in my eyes?
Undone

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:08:39 PM

Agreed.

I wish their was a 'Rather' app for this forum for posts containing "manipulation" and "what caused the price to _____."
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:33:04 PM

people are a little too on edge and tend to overreact when there's a small downswing. just remember that cooler heads prevail. only a fool panics.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:40:46 PM

Bitcoin is a project created by the NSA

Very possibly true.  Or some other govt agency, or combination of agencies.

...in order to take money from the crazy anti-government libertarian movement, by getting them to invest all of their money into the project and then pulling the plug.

Aaaaaand now you're talking nonsense.   Didn't even make it through 1 full sentence.  What motivation would they have for that stupidity?   How about the first fully trackable financial system?  Isnt that a wee bit more feasible?  Or maybe some elites got sick of bailing out banks and they actually created this thing to accomplish that.  There are a thousand possible reasons why even a government might invent Bitcoin.  And its no coincidence to me that the US Govt - whom we all expected to ban bitcoin, has welcomed it with open arms.  Think about that a little bit.  Not to mention Dorian working on secret govt projects ...

If you're going to have conspiracy theories - use viable feasible logic.  Its way more fun Smiley

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: