Bitcoin Forum
August 15, 2024, 06:28:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to mining. need help asap  (Read 634 times)
Jagpalsingh (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:47:43 AM

Hi guys

Please help me out I am new to mining and need guidance on how to start!

I have been reading them USB miners are no good now especially for DRK coins. I want to use standalone rigs so not connected to a computer I want to use RPi or intel Nuc which ever one is better.

My question is besides the RPi/intel which other hardware would I need to start? I don't mind starting slow just to understand how it all works.

Coins I would want to mine is NXT/DRK/BC/DOGE.

Can anyone post me a tutorial on what to buy? I am from the UK so ordering from abroad would be difficult. I don't hVe a budget atm so would be looking at what Rigs you guys suggest and see the pricing and rating of the equipment and then decide.

I have looked on the website already at posts but most of them are really dated old so they wouldn't be the best options to follow atm

Regards
Jagpal
rhj12345

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:55:27 AM

First off, Welcome to the Martix, you have taken the red pill. Your eyes are now open. LOL

Here is your to do list.

1) Forget about alt coin its how newbies lose BTC.

2) Read as much as you can everyday here on the forum for about 30-60 minutes a day, and post your comments. Do this for at least 30 days, while you work on doing mining.

3) Open up a separate back account.

4) Open up a Coinbase account and tie your new account to Coinbase. Buy and sell BTC here also a wallet.

5) Open up a Blockchain account. Also a wallet. Add the app to your phone.

6) Best place to buy a miner is from Bitmaintech.com.

3 S1 units per 15 amp outlet will work fine, 1 S2 unit per 15 amp outlet will work fine.

7) Join a pool so you can receive BTC everyday: Here is an example of the Eligius pool: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1FxgoGs1VX1fSN6t9JNnqcLL5vu8PgpiyM

Here is a nice simple Bitcoin Mining Calculator: http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

Here is a nice simple Simple Bitcoin Converter: http://preev.com/

Help others get into Bitcoin.

Enjoy.

Rob Cool
Jagpalsingh (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:22:13 PM

First off, Welcome to the Martix, you have taken the red pill. Your eyes are now open. LOL

Here is your to do list.

1) Forget about alt coin its how newbies lose BTC.

2) Read as much as you can everyday here on the forum for about 30-60 minutes a day, and post your comments. Do this for at least 30 days, while you work on doing mining.

3) Open up a separate back account.

4) Open up a Coinbase account and tie your new account to Coinbase. Buy and sell BTC here also a wallet.

5) Open up a Blockchain account. Also a wallet. Add the app to your phone.

6) Best place to buy a miner is from Bitmaintech.com.

3 S1 units per 15 amp outlet will work fine, 1 S2 unit per 15 amp outlet will work fine.

7) Join a pool so you can receive BTC everyday: Here is an example of the Eligius pool: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1FxgoGs1VX1fSN6t9JNnqcLL5vu8PgpiyM

Here is a nice simple Bitcoin Mining Calculator: http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

Here is a nice simple Simple Bitcoin Converter: http://preev.com/

Help others get into Bitcoin.

Enjoy.

Rob Cool

Hi rob thank you for your reply!!

As for the mining rig would them miners work on RPi?

As for mining once connected to the mining pool does it set which coin to mine it self or would I need to program it to mine a certain coin?

Are there any online video tutorials on connecting the RPi to the pool as I believe their is a software I need to put on the SD card and find the IP address to put onto the pool.

As for hardware besides the miners you said and the "brain" RPi is there anything else I would need?

How much could you earn on a basic BTC rig? Without taking the cost of electricity to hand.

Once the BTC reward is earned it's best to keep it as the rising BTC coin value is giving a better return than most trading between coins

Jagpalsingh (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:10:10 PM

Bump for more advice thank you
Jagpalsingh (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:36:30 PM

Anyone... ?
rhj12345

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:33:43 AM

Hi rob thank you for your reply!!

As for the mining rig would them miners work on RPi?

As for mining once connected to the mining pool does it set which coin to mine it self or would I need to program it to mine a certain coin?

Are there any online video tutorials on connecting the RPi to the pool as I believe their is a software I need to put on the SD card and find the IP address to put onto the pool.

As for hardware besides the miners you said and the "brain" RPi is there anything else I would need?

How much could you earn on a basic BTC rig? Without taking the cost of electricity to hand.

Once the BTC reward is earned it's best to keep it as the rising BTC coin value is giving a better return than most trading between coins

No RPi needed, just a computer to connect to the units. Please look under hardware, you will find lots of help for everything Bitmain, S1 and S2.

Just mine BTC. You just need to enter pool info. Easy.

You need a power supply for the S1. The S2 works out of the box. Find help for that here on the forum.

Just put in 180 gh for the S1 and 1 th for the S2 in the calculator link I gave you and you will find the answer.

I move my coins to USD every 7 days to pay off debt. My goal is to be debt free. Soon I will start to keep about 20%, but not now. Use the Coinbase account for this.

Hope this helps.

Rob Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: