Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:39:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive RockMiner R-Box Setup [HD]  (Read 59433 times)
Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 09:25:08 AM

Great guide! Had my new r-box up and hashing in under 20 minutes....kudos to you good Sir

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:00:28 AM

Bfgminer release now supports rbox:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632947.msg7245884#msg7245884
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 02:38:08 PM

I'll update when cg and bfg have finished their release versions, make it nice and fair.

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:00:34 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 06:26:53 PM by CanaryInTheMine

I'll update when cg and bfg have finished their release versions, make it nice and fair.

Sure, in the mean time, those wishing to use bfgminer can use:

Code:
bfgminer -S rockminer:all --set rockminer:clock=270
or
Code:
bfgminer -S rockminer:all --set rockminer:clock=290

no need for ziagdag step anymore, just the proper manufacturer's driver.  and if you ever had those ASICMiner USB sticks running using bfgminer on your system (now or before), then you already have the driver anyway
Lon

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:46:25 AM

Question:

Is the setup the same for one or two Rockminers?

I can get 1 unit to work fine, however I cannot get 2 units to works together.  I've tried Powered Hubs and Direct on PC (Win 8.1 and XP).  Both have 12V 5A power, new usb cables.   I have to think it is in my config.  I'm using 'rbox_cgminer.rar' V4.3.3 downloaded from www.eyeboot.com.

{  cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --anu-freq 290 -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u name.work1 -p 12345 }

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I prefer bfgminer, however I cannot even get that to see my units.

-=Lon=-

CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:15:14 AM

Question:

I can get 1 unit to work fine, however I cannot get 2 units to works together.  I've tried Powered Hubs and Direct on PC (Win 8.1 and XP).  Both have 12V 5A power, new usb cables.   I have to think it is in my config.  I'm using 'rbox_cgminer.rar' V4.3.3 downloaded from www.eyeboot.com.

{  cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --anu-freq 290 -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u name.work1 -p 12345 }

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I prefer bfgminer, however I cannot even get that to see my units.

-=Lon=-

If you are using cgminer, make sure both devices have the winusb driver installed.(You can double check in Zadig) If using bfgminer, make sure you completely uninstall winusb drivers for those devices in device manager. Then install the silicon labs drivers

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 03:19:12 AM

Question:

-=Lon=-

If you are using cgminer, make sure both devices have the winusb driver installed.(You can double check in Zadig) If using bfgminer, make sure you completely uninstall winusb drivers for those devices in device manager. Then install the silicon labs drivers

I installed it on one of my units and it saw it on all 3 - surely its a system specific driver rather than a unit specific driver?

minerbobbert

Activity: 177
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:27:59 AM

The link you gave the required  2.5mm 12V mains power adapter is actually a duplicate link the USB cable, FYI...
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:34:29 AM

Question:

I can get 1 unit to work fine, however I cannot get 2 units to works together.  I've tried Powered Hubs and Direct on PC (Win 8.1 and XP).  Both have 12V 5A power, new usb cables.   I have to think it is in my config.  I'm using 'rbox_cgminer.rar' V4.3.3 downloaded from www.eyeboot.com.

{  cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --anu-freq 290 -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u name.work1 -p 12345 }

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I prefer bfgminer, however I cannot even get that to see my units.

-=Lon=-

I installed it on one of my units and it saw it on all 3 - surely its a system specific driver rather than a unit specific driver?

I should clarify, you'll only have to install the driver once if you have no other drivers associated with the device. Windows will automatically install the first device driver associated with a device when plugged in. For instance, if you installed silicon labs drivers for a cp210x device in the past, then install winusb with zadig for a single device, you are going to have to do the same with each new device you plug in, since the silabs driver is the default. The best bet is to completely uninstall silabs or Winusb drivers when switching between cgminer and bfgminer. Do this by going into device manager and right click on the device --> uninstall. Make sure to check the box labeled "Delete the driver software for this device" to remove the device association with that driver.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:06:49 AM

The link you gave the required  2.5mm 12V mains power adapter is actually a duplicate link the USB cable, FYI...

Fixed

minerbobbert

Activity: 177
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:36:00 AM

Kewl.

Just wanted to make sure I was buying the right supplies.
Lon

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:57:31 AM

Question:

I can get 1 unit to work fine, however I cannot get 2 units to works together.  I've tried Powered Hubs and Direct on PC (Win 8.1 and XP).  Both have 12V 5A power, new usb cables.   I have to think it is in my config.  I'm using 'rbox_cgminer.rar' V4.3.3 downloaded from www.eyeboot.com.

{  cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --anu-freq 290 -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u name.work1 -p 12345 }

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I prefer bfgminer, however I cannot even get that to see my units.

-=Lon=-

I should clarify, you'll only have to install the driver once if you have no other drivers associated with the device. Windows will automatically install the first device driver associated with a device when plugged in. For instance, if you installed silicon labs drivers for a cp210x device in the past, then install winusb with zadig for a single device, you are going to have to do the same with each new device you plug in, since the silabs driver is the default. The best bet is to completely uninstall silabs or Winusb drivers when switching between cgminer and bfgminer. Do this by going into device manager and right click on the device --> uninstall. Make sure to check the box labeled "Delete the driver software for this device" to remove the device association with that driver.

Ok, I finally got them to both work on a Win 8.1 PC using cgminer and zadig drivers.  I really wanted to use bfgminer so I spent most of my time removing silabs drivers, rebooting, adding silabs drivers, rebooting, power cycling everything.... Rinse-and-Repeat (many many times)...  With no luck, so I completely removed silabs and re-installed zadig, power cycle, and they both are working together now. 

Maybe I'll play some more this weekend and see if I can get bfgminer working, I like that a little better.  bfgminer does work and recognize antminers with silabs drivers.
Maybe even tackle adding them to my Raspberry Pi.

Thanks for your help, maybe this will help others that have a similar issue.

-=Lon=-
jwiz1911

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:20:02 PM

Totally stumped with my R-Box's

It shows up in Windows Devices after I run the zadig app in the cgminer folder, but cgminer can't find the device.

Tried multiple cables, power bricks, reboots, driver installs and R-box units (I bought five...just trying to get ONE to function)

my cg.cmd looks like this:

cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --anu-freq 270 -o stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u (my payment address) -p123

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 02:38:22 AM

It shows up in Windows Devices after I run the zadig app in the cgminer folder, but cgminer can't find the device.

Tried multiple cables, power bricks, reboots, driver installs and R-box units (I bought five...just trying to get ONE to function)

cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --anu-freq 270 -o stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u (my payment address) -p123

Are you using the specific version of cgminer as in the OP?

Lon

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:04:47 PM

I'm new at this but I did get mine to work.  Here are a few ideas to try.

First, Where did you get your cgminer software?  It has to be one compiled for rockminers.  I downloaded mine from eyeboot.com (very good people there).

Second, I have also switched to eligius (payout is just as good/better as ghash) and I use      -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334

Third, I pulled power from my units and plugged them back in after cgminer was running.

-=Lon=-
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:09:36 PM

Can somebody tell me if I can use a power adapter 20v/6A with my R-Box
or a 19V/3.42A without damaging it ?

THX !!!

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 04:12:56 PM

Can somebody tell me if I can use a power adapter 20v/6A with my R-Box
or a 19V/3.42A without damaging it ?

THX !!!

No. No. No.

Jayjay04
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:13:54 PM

Damn so I absolutly need 12V/5A ?

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
KSmart Contract Tokene.

Jayjay04
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:14:29 PM

If i go less 12V/2A ? It won't hash at it max rate right ?

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
KSmart Contract Tokene.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 04:25:35 PM

If i go less 12V/2A ? It won't hash at it max rate right ?

You need 12V, min 3A.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: