Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:32:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive RockMiner R-Box Setup [HD]  (Read 59448 times)
ShosMeister

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:39:02 PM

DIEMcoin,

Did you even get the drivers loaded? When I find it in my device list, it shows there is no driver and Win7 can't find one. Reading the threads here, it says not to use the zadig (sp?) driver so didn't want to try that one.
DIEMcoin

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:17:34 PM

DIEMcoin,

Did you even get the drivers loaded? When I find it in my device list, it shows there is no driver and Win7 can't find one. Reading the threads here, it says not to use the zadig (sp?) driver so didn't want to try that one.
I'm on a raspberry pi using raspian.  I've never tried it on windows but I didn't install zadig.
My understanding is the drivers are in bfgminer but I could easily be wrong

Around here, we don't look backwards for very long... We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we're curious... And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 01:01:59 AM

I recommendation is not to use BFGminer at this point. Every single person who is having a problem - its with BFGMiner.

baloy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:06:02 AM

i noticed that the HW error is so high. is this normal for the R-Box or any ASIC based miner? even if i'll run the twins @ stock (270 MHz), the HW error rate is still high... or this is CGminer related? i also observed this in using my Antminer US2 but not when I will use BFGminer... the U2s are all running w/ 0 HW errors on BFGminer. tried the latest BFGminer (w/ R-Box) support last night and it is unstable... some times it will run but at a low hash rate... only 25 Gh/s and most of the time, the R-Box will not run...

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 01:21:31 AM

i noticed that the HW error is so high. is this normal for the R-Box or any ASIC based miner? even if i'll run the twins @ stock (270 MHz), the HW error rate is still high... or this is CGminer related? i also observed this in using my Antminer US2 but not when I will use BFGminer... the U2s are all running w/ 0 HW errors on BFGminer. tried the latest BFGminer (w/ R-Box) support last night and it is unstable... some times it will run but at a low hash rate... only 25 Gh/s and most of the time, the R-Box will not run...

You're running these way past spec, and again the OCing does NOT work, do not attempt it. Its not as simple as a number.

DIEMcoin

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:29:30 AM

I recommendation is not to use BFGminer at this point. Every single person who is having a problem - its with BFGMiner.
Been going for 4 hours so far and looking good.  Well see how it goes as time goes on.

Around here, we don't look backwards for very long... We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we're curious... And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
baloy

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:41:57 AM

You're running these way past spec, and again the OCing does NOT work, do not attempt it. Its not as simple as a number.

@ dogie, so, i should use 270? this still produced HW errors... can you give me the specific speed or correct number for these R-Box?

thanks a lot

EDIT: i read your comment on the previous page to exclude even the 270 frequency in the batch file... at this point, the twins are running @ stock. i'll observe the HW error performance then i'll feedback later...

thanks...
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 02:01:06 AM

@ dogie, so, i should use 270? this still produced HW errors... can you give me the specific speed or correct number for these R-Box?

thanks a lot

EDIT: i read your comment on the previous page to exclude even the 270 frequency in the batch file... at this point, the twins are running @ stock. i'll observe the HW error performance then i'll feedback later...

thanks...

Yes, dont use anything. Let it do its own thing.

baloy

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:04:56 AM

@ dogie,

very well noted... thanks...
ShosMeister

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:34:46 PM

Been going for 4 hours so far and looking good.  Well see how it goes as time goes on.

Care to share what got it working? I still can't get the driver loaded let alone get BFG to see it. Shows up in my Devices as 'CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller' but drivers are unavailable. Should I go back to using the zadig? If so, which one? Any config suggestions? You are --scan rockminer:all right?

Thanks!
minerbobbert

Activity: 177

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:13:14 PM

Wait, are you saying the 270 command shouldn't be on there either? I thought it had to be set as one or the other?

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 06:28:16 PM

Wait, are you saying the 270 command shouldn't be on there either? I thought it had to be set as one or the other?

Take it off. See the OP, its not there.

minerbobbert

Activity: 177

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:29:15 PM

See the OP, its not there.

True, but it trickled in after a few more posts and was never specifically denounced until now, so I misunderstood and thought it should be included.

I've now got them taken off. My average clock rate is still running about 32, so it looks like there has been no change.

Has anyone been able to get these to operate at the advertised rate of up to 35 GHs? Mine are constantly pulling around 32 each...
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 09:25:05 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 12:46:47 AM by dogie

Meta: If anyone is interested, I'm trialing auctioning ad space in the guides here.

baloy

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:13:04 PM

removed the clock string yesterday and it seems that the HW error is un-avoidable... anyhow, it is a great product at a great price...  Wink

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 12:49:38 AM

Meta: I'm trialling 'add everything you need' to basket lists for some of the guides that have lots of components. This may eventually allow me to amalgamate the numerous sets of links throughout the guides into one. Thoughts? See section 0)b)

tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 12:37:34 AM

With BFGminer it goes dead after about 24 hours.   Cry

I'm doing this on a RPi. How do I install the Zadig part for cgminer or is it not needed?

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 01:20:33 AM

I'm doing this on a RPi. How do I install the Zadig part for cgminer or is it not needed?

Not needed on pi

klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 04:24:55 AM

I think that is a great idea.

Here is a how to setup guide for Raspberry Pi:

http://youtu.be/ea6qrQUqvAc

It includes the webUI for communicating with raspberry pi after it has been successfully setup. Hope this helps  Wink
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 05:21:28 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 06:08:19 AM by tripppn

With BFGminer it goes dead after about 24 hours.   Cry

Here is a how to setup guide for Raspberry Pi:

http://youtu.be/ea6qrQUqvAc

It includes the webUI for communicating with raspberry pi after it has been successfully setup. Hope this helps  Wink

Actually already found that and just got it loaded up.  WORKS GREAT!
Here's the link to the .img
https://www.dropbox.com/s/07axfgdbnw88tf9/RaspberryPi_Rockminer_RBoxV0.3.1.rar

Now if only I could get my U1s working with that webui software too.  Doesn't really matter I'm selling my U1s anyway and getting a second r-box  

EDIT:

After its been running for about an hour I'm getting a ton of hardware errors.  Is that something I should be worried about?

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: