Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:20:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I have respect for terrytibbs  (Read 3955 times)
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 08:30:24 PM

I have been a registered member on this forum since last summer, approx the same time as Terrytibbs has.
I do not know this person, nor do I have any ulterior motive to post this.
I simply keep coming across his posts and feel it's time to comment.

I have seen users come and users go.
I have seen SCAMMERS come and SCAMMERS go......and come...and go...and come...and go.

I have also been audience to much of what TT has posted in the past and as well, what he has posted lately.
Is he a decent guy ? I think so. Is he a dick ? I think so.....but I am a cynical bastard at times as well.

Like him or hate him, he has had the balls to stick around and continue using his original account (740+ posts deep) even though he was marked with a scammer tag.

I think it's time for the MODS to reconsider his tag and restore his status, considering what others around here have done to set the bar even further.

His, was a misunderstanding and was completely blown out of proportion.

Feel free to leave your own comments below.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:32:31 PM

I think it's time for the MODS to reconsider his tag and restore his status, considering what others around here have done to set the bar even further.

His, was a misunderstanding and was completely blown out of proportion.

It's pathetic how TT is labelled a Scammer, and people like RealSolid/CoinHunter are free to scam people with SolidCoin, with impunity.
Blind

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 05:02:03 AM

I concur, I like most of his posts. According to what I know, he isn't so much of a scammer but a dick, he was selling spotify subscriptions obtained from third party and refused to refund them when they stopped working after a while, he didn't mean to scam people. It could be different story though. However he might be enjoying his scammer tag giving him access to scammer subforum though (please make it public Smiley).

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 05:45:40 AM

*flails* SOOCCCKK PUPPETTTSSSS!!!!!!
It Should be change Off of SCAMMER tho, Someting more like:
TerryTibs
|X/0/0|Hero Member

Where X would be equivalent to a form of "three strikes your out" kind of thing and a 0 being a green light

But with more of a "warning" impression rather than a "stay away" Stamp

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Lazer

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 06:24:47 AM

I neither know nor care to know this terrytibbs. But if he was labeled a scammer then it was probably for a good reason.

What your saying is like saying 'I have great respect for OJ Simpson and even though he may have done sum bad things in the past, I respect him for how he is now - he is rehabilitated and I think he should go free'.

The fact is people must pay for the mistakes they make. If he was a good person then he wouldn't have done bad things but if he did he must be punished.

And why don't you read sum history before you exonerate someone that's plead guilty:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54014.msg644052#msg644052

I made some shady business decisions in the past. Perhaps you should reconsider if you were planning on entering into a business deal with me, but other than that, I won't bite.
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 06:49:44 AM

And why don't you read sum history before you exonerate someone that's plead guilty:

Point: Lazer. Ok, perhaps not so pathetic after all, that he is labeled a scammer.

Tough, however, to reconcile the "Scammer" label with someone so active in the community who, as best we can tell, learned from his mistakes and is now positive.

Electricbees

Activity: 322

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 06:52:47 AM

I neither know nor care to know this terrytibbs. But if he was labeled a scammer then it was probably for a good reason.

What your saying is like saying 'I have great respect for OJ Simpson and even though he may have done sum bad things in the past, I respect him for how he is now - he is rehabilitated and I think he should go free'.

The fact is people must pay for the mistakes they make. If he was a good person then he wouldn't have done bad things but if he did he must be punished.

I made some shady business decisions in the past. Perhaps you should reconsider if you were planning on entering into a business deal with me, but other than that, I won't bite.
Invalid argument.

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 12:08:38 PM

This is a user who has been asked on occasion, WHY HE DOESN'T JUST CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT ? ....and he explains that although HE COULD.....he chooses not to.

I commend that and think it's time for the MODs to make a call on this. He has shown what type of person he is at this point.

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 12:22:58 PM

Wow! I didn't know I had so many people keeping an eye out for my posts.
Really, I don't mind the tag, it's only fair after what happened. Besides, it isn't a definitive ban from trading (I can still post in the marketplace should I want to), only a heads up to potential customers.
I would never premeditatedly scam someone, and what happened was unfortunate for all parties involved.

There are still people who would trade with me without hesitation, and apart from the occasional badmouthing from the ignorant user, I really don't mind.

However he might be enjoying his scammer tag giving him access to scammer subforum though (please make it public Smiley).
If I told you it was a joke all along, would I be even more of a dick?
Blind

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 03:25:46 PM

If I told you it was a joke all along, would I be even more of a dick?

Nope, what makes you a dick is not taking responsibility for merchandise you were selling. It was pocket money, but still not a way I would conduct a business or be willing to tarnish my name for. I don't see how it was a joke since you admitted your guilt few lines above, enlighten me.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
terrytibbs

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 04:34:43 PM

What makes you a dick is not taking responsibility for merchandise you were selling.
What about a car maker that goes bankrupt, are they also required to continue servicing their customers' cars?

I don't see how it was a joke since you admitted your guilt few lines above, enlighten me.
The joke being the scammer subforum...
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 04:41:01 PM

I lurk more often nowadays, but from my experience with TT, he's a standup guy.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 04:44:12 PM

What makes you a dick is not taking responsibility for merchandise you were selling.
What about a car maker that goes bankrupt, are they also required to continue servicing their customers' cars?

Oh, so you incorporated and then filed chapter 11? Or were people trusting that you personally were going to give them what they paid you personally for? Did you tell them all that there was a high risk that the codes you were selling them were going to be invalidated because you were dealing with sketchy people and were not going to take on any of that risk yourself?

I also respected the fact that you didn't just try to hide under a fake handle, but if it was because you don't feel that you were in the wrong, you completely deserve it.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 04:52:36 PM

I stopped reading right there because I was also labeled a scammer once for arguably no good reason and I am one of the most productive members of the forum now. I don't know TerryTibbs but when I see a scammer tag, I just say "What now?".

terrytibbs

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 05:35:00 PM

Oh, so you incorporated and then filed chapter 11? Or were people trusting that you personally were going to give them what they paid you personally for? Did you tell them all that there was a high risk that the codes you were selling them were going to be invalidated because you were dealing with sketchy people and were not going to take on any of that risk yourself?
  • No.
  • That is not a question for me to answer.
  • Did I tell them specifically? No. Should they be cautious when there have been similar intentional scams before, especially considering the outrageously low price? Yes.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 05:38:46 PM

OP: The scammer tag is to give users an idea of whether or not you can be trusted based on your past behavior. I think you should have a pretty clear answer as to whether it should stay now.

terrytibbs

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 05:49:43 PM

I stopped reading right there because I was also labeled a scammer once for arguably no good reason and I am one of the most productive members of the forum now. I don't know TerryTibbs but when I see a scammer tag, I just say "What now?".
Side effect of handing them out too negligently!
terrytibbs

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 06:04:01 PM

OP: The scammer tag is to give users an idea of whether or not you can be trusted based on your past behavior. I think you should have a pretty clear answer as to whether it should stay now.
Sorry, I think your definition is false. It is merely an indicator of whether or not you should exercise additional caution.
The idea is to warn people who might trade with him, not to punish him. The forum doesn't handle justice.
Blind

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 06:05:35 PM

Company going bankrupt ceases to exist, in the process all valuable assets are liquidated to pay off existing creditors. According to laws of morality, as long as you hold 1 BTC, you should refund your customers. I've had pretty rough life at some point, where I owed several grand of private debt while holding a shitty job. I could say fuck it and run away from the debt (by just saying 'no'), I was safe from law and physical harm, but I worked my ass off, living like a dog for over a year and paid back every single penny I owed, this is what differentiates a man from piece of shit.

terrytibbs

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 06:11:49 PM

Company going bankrupt ceases to exist, in the process all valuable assets are liquidated to pay off existing creditors.
And yet the employees get to keep their profits. I, on the other hand, used all profits to purchase refund codes. I haven't earned a single dollar or bitcoin from this that I haven't paid back in refund codes. My little business venture went bankrupt, and I liquidated all assets. If you consider the time spent, I'm actually in the negative, but that's debatable.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: