Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:46:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Speculators causing immense price swings: go fuck yourselves  (Read 5331 times)
guywhogotgoxed (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:24:58 PM

Fuck all of you dipshit motherfuckers who have the power to make my assets lose over 10% overnight. I never even had a fucking chance to sell. Problem is I need the cash right now, not the coins, and am forced to sell cheap.

I hope you get all raped in hell for eternity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:26:11 PM

What did you need the coins for and why didn't you sell them right away?
RandyMarsh

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:28:54 PM

And if you went short and made 10% overnight, you'd probably be quite smug about it.

Stan?! STAN?!?!
guywhogotgoxed (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:29:04 PM

I sent them to the exchange but it takes approximately an hour for 6 confirmations. I had to go to sleep yesterday, you know, waiting for new blocks is not my hobby. not a programmer so I dont have any bot to do the work.

regarding what I needed the coins for, mind your own fucking business.
guywhogotgoxed (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:30:46 PM

And if you went short and made 10% overnight, you'd probably be quite smug about it.
I dont fucking want to speculate, asshole. I dont want to make money off speculation. that is also the reason to why I dont like losing money like this.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:31:34 PM

Why do you play with assets if you can't manage loosing some money?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
guywhogotgoxed (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:33:37 PM

Im not playing. I just happened to need the cash.

Actually, fuck all of you. not selling the coins. I owe some fucktard some money but Ill probably choke the bitch out if he asks me why he wont get it by next week. Price better go fucking up.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:35:23 PM

Actually, fuck all of you. not selling the coins. I owe some fucktard some money but Ill probably choke the bitch out if he asks me why he wont get it by next week. Price better go fucking up.

And why are you so aggressive with your language?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:35:45 PM

I didn't lose a dime, and though I don't have as much anger as you're presenting, I am prone to agree with OP.

I really think the primary reason we're not in the $7's or $8's right now is because Bitcoinica's asterisk likes to intervene and kill momentum.

Those who argue that there would have not been a rally to begin with (i.e. without leveraging) are kidding themselves.  
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:36:03 PM

Fuck all of you dipshit motherfuckers who have the power to make my assets lose over 10% overnight. I never even had a fucking chance to sell. Problem is I need the cash right now, not the coins, and am forced to sell cheap.

Trading Rule #1: Never ever invest more than you can afford to lose.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
bb113

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:36:18 PM

Well, would you be just as angry if the price had jumped to $6.50?

Maybe there is a way to do it quicker for people in your situation.
guywhogotgoxed (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:36:36 PM

because I truly mean it.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 09:41:51 PM

because I truly mean it.

this is why we have wild price swings... people need their money, its Choke A Fucktard Bitch day!

really sry for your loss man...

guywhogotgoxed (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:43:30 PM

I didn't lose a dime, and though I don't have as much anger as you're presenting, I am prone to agree with OP.

I really think the primary reason we're not in the $7's or $8's right now is because Bitcoinica's asterisk likes to intervene and kill momentum.

Those who argue that there would have not been a rally to begin with (i.e. without leveraging) are kidding themselves.  
yes, this is just plain stupid. just like when that dumbfuck guy tried to screw everyone over (and did) in bitcoinica, shorting huge amounts and causing price to go from 6.xx to 4.xx, then calling bitcoinica criminals (LOL). its just too easy for any random retard with a couple thousand to completely fuck the market up.

Just pay fucktard in Bitcoin...
its cool, I have the money Im just upset I lost $100.

Trading Rule #1: Never ever invest more than you can afford to lose.
thinking rule #1: dont accuse me of things i never did. i did not "invest", and I can afford to lose 100x the money, doesnt mean Ill be happy if I lose a smaller amount.

no, I would have thought "why are these idiots giving me more money than I ask for?" because it feels completely unreal that the price is moving so rapidly. how the fuck is the btc economy going to work if I cant survive without having a bot doing all the moves for me?
as I said before, I dont want to profit that way, because when I do, one way or another the extra cash is coming from some other poor fellow.

at least point me to some automated software that works well with the APIs of some exchanges. as I said before I dont know how to program. maybe some kind of integration of API commands, as an addon to the bitcoin client, would be a good way to help people avoiding situations like these.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:44:07 PM

Here's my stance on the leverage debate.

Momentum is the biggest part of any price movement.  You can see this very clearly in the charts... the big trends last for months.  If we had not had leverage, we would have had a slower rise (and perhaps even from a lower bottom), but the price would have kept rising instead of running into a brick wall.  We definitely could have gotten past $7 without Bitcoinica.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:44:08 PM

Someone should tell him that in order to make money from trading other traders need to lose lol

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
guywhogotgoxed (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:46:09 PM

because I truly mean it.

this is why we have wild price swings... people need their money, its Choke A Fucktard Bitch day!
do people really need tens of thousands of BTC, instantly? and when they do this, do they have to throw them right into the bids?

of course it isnt people "needing their money". its bitcoinica liquidating people most likely. I havent followed bitcoinicas daily volume (and % of that in mtgox) to confirm the selloffs were bitcoinicas bot, but I have a feeling its most likely that.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:46:44 PM

Coming into bitcoin with any sort of dependence on its fiat value is foolhardy, and can only be counter-balanced by directing all aggression toward diligently learning the market, even if you never speculated on anything, and even if you'd rather not speculate.  This is a hard fact I have learned through experience.

tldr -- nut up or shut up.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
bb113

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:46:59 PM

no, I would have thought "why are these idiots giving me more money than I ask for?" because it feels completely unreal that the price is moving so rapidly. how the fuck is the btc economy going to work if I cant survive without having a bot doing all the moves for me?
as I said before, I dont want to profit that way, because when I do, one way or another the extra cash is coming from some other poor fellow.

at least point me to some automated software that works well with the APIs of some exchanges. as I said before I dont know how to program. maybe some kind of integration of API commands, as an addon to the bitcoin client, would be a good way to help people avoiding situations like these.

Agreed, it would be useful. There is probably a simple bot like this available somewhere. Also, like someone else said, you realize that selling 100 bitcoins is going to move the market right? Doing it right now would drop the value 10 cents.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:47:55 PM

Here's what I see at Bitcoinica Shocked

฿290,518.51
traded (48% hedged)

epic long squeeze

(BFL)^2 < 0
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All