Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:19:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do YOU want RealSolid to be lead developer( of solidcoin)?  (Read 1876 times)
drakahn (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 07:42:07 AM

http://solidcointalk.org/topic/186-do-you-want-realsolid-to-be-lead-developer/

well do you?

i guess this is mainly for solidcoin users... i have some solidcoin on the exchanges, but only to make extra bitcoins, so i guess whoever is in charge doesn't effect me so i don't mind myself.

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 07:46:51 AM

Its taken 2 months and I still havent downoaded the blockchain 100%. Failed coding is failed.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 05:25:00 AM

It doesnt matter. Just dont give SC and its developer any more attention.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

m3ta

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 03:38:10 AM

doesn't effect me so i don't mind myself.

The credibility and/or opinions of someone who doesn't know the difference between 'affect' and 'effect' is null.

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
drakahn (OP)

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 04:49:03 AM

The credibility and/or opinions of someone who doesn't know the difference between 'affect' and 'effect' is null.

The credibility and/or opinions of someone who thinks that matters has no effect on me.

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 07:12:23 AM

Did we just find an enforcer node?  Grin

P.S. Solidcoin does serve a purpose. It is like flypaper to those who are terminally gullible. So that when all their money is gone, the story won't read "Someone got all their bitcoins stolen by scammers." So, it doesn't really matter who runs it. We just have to make the bar high enough so that only those who cannot be salvaged partake in the kool-aid.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
CoinHunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 07:30:24 AM

Did we just find an enforcer node?  Grin

P.S. Solidcoin does serve a purpose. It is like flypaper to those who are terminally gullible. So that when all their money is gone, the story won't read "Someone got all their bitcoins stolen by scammers." So, it doesn't really matter who runs it. We just have to make the bar high enough so that only those who cannot be salvaged partake in the kool-aid.

It's funny how idiots like you have been saying this for what, 7 months now, "it's a scam run for the hills". You think if you say it every week it's going to be true one week? SolidCoin is the second biggest p2p currency, is the 3rd longest running (behind NMC and BTC) and is continuing to grow in price, new features and supporters.

SolidCoin has proved it's less of a scam or even a "pump and dump" than anything which is younger than it or that has already died. Yet we don't see you jumping around the place with your rabid fingers proclaiming litecoin is a scam. You are a troll sir, get a life.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
kronosvl

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 08:24:19 AM

SC may be p2p but is not decentralized in all aspects.
This forum is about decentralized p2p cryptocurrency (like bitcoin, after all is call bitcointalk).
So maybe would be a good idea to create a new forum for centralized cryptocurrency and leave us

Donations are accepted @: 19Uk8zVhdgfrRo5Z6wH9yghWxZUtdiNtX9
OTC: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewgpg.php?nick=kronosvl
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 08:55:54 AM

Did we just find an enforcer node?  Grin

It's funny how idiots like you have been saying this for what, 7 months now, "it's a scam run for the hills". You think if you say it every week it's going to be true one week? SolidCoin is the second biggest p2p currency, is the 3rd longest running (behind NMC and BTC) and is continuing to grow in price, new features and supporters.

SolidCoin has proved it's less of a scam or even a "pump and dump" than anything which is younger than it or that has already died. Yet we don't see you jumping around the place with your rabid fingers proclaiming litecoin is a scam. You are a troll sir, get a life.

I guess you don't count part where you had to shut down the Solidcoin network and rebuild the protocol because of deep seated flaws. Remember Solidcoin 1.0? What happened to 1.0? It got rolled up.

I guess you don't count shutting down the mined block rewards in Solidcoin 2.0 to prevent others from getting a tyrant node.  Didn't you want to test your method for the natural instantiation of tyrant nodes? I guess not, because that would mean someone else could control your little pet project.

Solidcoin has few miners, even less trade volume. Even so, 12 people can keep a cryptocurrency alive for a very long time. It just won't be a very popular one.

As for Litecoin:
How many premined coins did Litecoin give to it's developers? 150 premined coins.
Did they release their source from the start? Yes.
Did they explain clearly what their intentions were? Yes.
Did they steal others work and claim it as their own? No.
Doesn't sound like a scam, it sounds like an attempt at a cryptocurrency. Time will tell if it becomes popular or not. But its authors let their work speak for them. They don't make wild claims with no evidence to back them. That is why I don't take issue with them.

You on the other hand can't go a page these days without telling some lie. First you are Realsolid, then you are not, now you are again, then you aren't again. It is a bad idea to put trust in someone who has multiple personalities combined with pathological lying, especially in a security context.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
CoinHunter

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 09:19:46 AM

I guess you don't count part where you had to shut down the Solidcoin network and rebuild the protocol because of deep seated flaws. Remember Solidcoin 1.0? What happened to 1.0? It got rolled up.

Yes it was mostly based on Bitcoin, and Bitcoin code is shit. So of course it needed to get rolled up. Thanks for pointing out how badly programmed Bitcoin is.

I guess you don't count shutting down the mined block rewards in Solidcoin 2.0 to prevent others from getting a tyrant node.  Didn't you want to test your method for the natural instantiation of tyrant nodes? I guess not, because that would mean someone else could control your little pet project.

Getting a trust node was never meant to be something someone with a single GPU could get in 3 months. So if you falsely believed that it's your own fault. Perhaps you should learn how the protection in SolidCoin works instead of studying for your chemistry exam in highschool.

Solidcoin has few miners, even less trade volume. Even so, 12 people can keep a cryptocurrency alive for a very long time. It just won't be a very popular one.

LOL, SolidCoin doesn't need MANY miners to survive due to its other protections. Miners are there to create currency and they'll only do that when it is profitable. This is the inflation/deflation control mechanism in SolidCoin.

You act like it's a good thing needing miners to secure the network. Yes in Bitcoin that is the case and it's a massive flaw. SolidCoin has solved the problem of getting attacked through mining whilst still decentralization currency creation. Win to SolidCoin.

You on the other hand can't go a page these days without telling some lie. First you are Realsolid, then you are not, now you are again, then you aren't again. It is a bad idea to put trust in someone who has multiple personalities combined with pathological lying, especially in a security context.

You on the other hand can't go one day without an intelligent thought. Ooo burn. Get back to studying for your highschool stuff and forget about adult conversations until you are one.

coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 10:08:00 AM

You on the other hand can't go one day without an intelligent thought. Ooo burn. Get back to studying for your highschool stuff and forget about adult conversations until you are one.

CoinHunter, please read your the above sentence again. I guess you can go many days without an intelligent thought. Maybe you are the one that shoud "get back to studying for your highschool stuff and forget about adult conversations until you are one."

CoinHunter

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 10:55:30 AM

CoinHunter, please read your the above sentence again. I guess you can go many days without an intelligent thought. Maybe you are the one that shoud "get back to studying for your highschool stuff and forget about adult conversations until you are one."

Before you give advice why don't you put more than 4 hours work into Litecoin, then not secretly mine it with GPUs and not con everyone into thinking it's a CPU coin? I mean at least be a known pillar of good advice if you want to start handing it out. Wink

Bobnova

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 04:06:01 PM

Maybe he already is an adult conversation?  That'd make him pretty special, after all.
Anybody can have adult conversations, not anybody can be an adult conversation.

Personally I definitely want ch/rs/whateverhe'scallinghimself in control of SC, it's hilarious watching him thrash around like a fish with a water shortage.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
DeLorean

Activity: 183

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 08:16:54 PM

I personally don't want RealSolid to be the lead developer of SolidCoin. I strongly disagree with the actions taken to inflate the value of SolidCoin and feel its value is merely artificial right now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: