Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:14:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SC stopped at 179999  (Read 6176 times)
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 08:00:15 AM

Been like that for 2 days. After 2 months only 89% of the chain has been downloaded.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Schwede65

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 08:35:25 AM

Been like that for 2 days. After 2 months only 89% of the chain has been downloaded.

you may install the 2.041-version, block-no. 201262 - atm:

http://solidcoin.info/downloads.html
CoinHunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 09:58:26 AM

As Schwede65 says you need to ensure you're on the latest version of SolidCoin . Soon this won't be a factor as the client most will use is independent of most of the network related code itself. The benefit being you don't need to download the chain or wait for anything, it's all instant.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 01:15:01 PM

Oh, problems with ScamCoin

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 04:10:35 PM

The benefit being you don't need to download the chain or wait for anything, it's all instant.

Yep. Who wants those pesky blocks anyway. Distributed block chains are for nancy-boys.
Centralized transaction authorization is the new meme!  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 04:29:47 PM

The benefit being you don't need to download the chain or wait for anything, it's all instant.

Yep. Who wants those pesky blocks anyway. Distributed block chains are for nancy-boys.
Centralized transaction authorization is the new meme!  Grin

Now you can get ScamCoins straight from the source!  It's not like you'll ever get them from mining.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 09:56:38 PM

Now you can get ScamCoins straight from the source!  It's not like you'll ever get them from mining.

+1000, that was funny!  Grin Grin Grin

lol, thats funny shit Cheesy

Id be happy with a blk.dat zip file.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 10:19:42 PM

As Schwede65 says you need to ensure you're on the latest version of SolidCoin . Soon this won't be a factor as the client most will use is independent of most of the network related code itself. The benefit being you don't need to download the chain or wait for anything, it's all instant.

How federal reserve of you. I have as much interest in replacing one system of central bankers with another as I do of getting the Ebola virus.

CoinHunter

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 11:52:20 PM

How federal reserve of you. I have as much interest in replacing one system of central bankers with another as I do of getting the Ebola virus.

Not federal at all, everyone will always be able to run their own node and only connect to that if they want. It's just the new client securely sends transactions by connecting to other nodes to do all the "grunt work". This way lite devices like phones can send funds and grandma doesn't need the whole chain to do simple things.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 11:01:44 AM

Stuck at block 179999 or  current it doesn't matter because your profit will still be the same. Grin Grin Grin

orly? How do you know what I piced them up for Smiley

Hint: it was under .0009

Last time  I checked the price was .02 -  .04

Thats if I can download the damn block chain Cheesy

tiker

Activity: 459

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 01:10:55 PM

Don't worry, I can't download the chain on my windows box or my linux box...

Both running 2.041.
michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 01:29:11 PM

Just remember; its a feature, not a bug.  Who needs blockchains anyhow on SolidCoin?  It isn't decentralized, so what's the point of wasting space.  This is a glorious feature comrade.  On your 1TB hard drive, the block chain will use up .1% of it.  How can you live with that kind of wasteful bloat?  It isn't like the average hard drive is going to double in size per dollar every few years or anything crazy like that.

Facebook credits don't require a blockchain; why should SolidCoin?
CoinHunter

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 01:42:37 PM

Just remember; its a feature, not a bug.  Who needs blockchains anyhow on SolidCoin?  It isn't decentralized, so what's the point of wasting space.  This is a glorious feature comrade.  On your 1TB hard drive, the block chain will use up .1% of it.  How can you live with that kind of wasteful bloat?  It isn't like the average hard drive is going to double in size per dollar every few years or anything crazy like that.

Everyone can still download the blockchain and be a node, that will forever be the case. The fact is most people do not like the hassle of being a full node and also don't have technical experience to handle it properly.

In regards to "not being decentralized" that is a myth. http://solidcoin.info/myths.html

michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 02:05:26 PM

Everyone can still download the blockchain and be a node, that will forever be the case. The fact is most people do not like the hassle of being a full node and also don't have technical experience to handle it properly.

In regards to "not being decentralized" that is a myth. http://solidcoin.info/myths.html

Yeah, and anyone can open a bank in the United States if they meet certain criteria.  That doesn't mean Federal Reserve notes are examples of decentralized currency.
CoinHunter

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 02:57:59 PM

Yeah, and anyone can open a bank in the United States if they meet certain criteria.  That doesn't mean Federal Reserve notes are examples of decentralized currency.

Banks cant print their own currency, they have to rely on the central bank to "Give it to them".

Read the myths page :-

In SolidCoin every single person can :-
*Create the currency
*Determine how much total currency is created,
*See the rules by which the currency operates
*See the goals of the developers.

http://solidcoin.info/myths.html

Your centralized arguments are bordering on ridiculous because you don't understand SolidCoin very well or you are purposedly trying to spread FUD.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 04:14:08 PM

Banks cant print their own currency, they have to rely on the central bank to "Give it to them".

*Create the currency

Your centralized arguments are bordering on ridiculous because you don't understand SolidCoin very well or you are purposedly trying to spread FUD.

You forgot:
*Watch Coinhunter change the rules to fill his own bank account

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 08:42:47 PM

Both running 2.041.

So I managed to get the entire chain downloaded. But its not allowing me to send any coins and the ones I sent ages ago have disappeared into the ether.

Nice. The cryptocurrency you cant send coins with. But then Im locked out of the solidcoin forum so the IP of the coins is probably blocked too. This is no different to fucking paypal who can block you for no reason.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 08:44:52 PM

*Create the currency

You forgot:
*Watch Coinhunter change the rules to fill his own bank account

yep. If you ever manage to get the chain downloaded any coins you send the almighty central banker can see and decide "I dont like you so Im not gonna confirm the transaction ever".

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 08:51:35 PM

When I sent the last lot of coins the total coins it said I had INCREASED by the amount I sent. Either thats a bug or I dont understand how SC works Cheesy

Are there any tools to rescan the blockchain and fix the transaction history ?

Looks like ive got a borkchain.

Ahimoth

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 09:24:04 PM

Your wallet.dat probably has junk or corrupt transactions in it.
Run solidcoin with the "-cleanwallet" command line option. It will reload all transactions back into your wallet from the block chain.

If you have a large number of transactions it may take some time for it to finish the reload.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: