Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:59:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SC stopped at 179999  (Read 6178 times)
illpoet

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 12:18:16 AM

[/quote]

Your centralized arguments are bordering on ridiculous because you don't understand SolidCoin very well or you are purposedly trying to spread FUD.
[/quote]
i almost peed when i read that.

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
m3ta

Activity: 435

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 08:18:46 PM

Add this myth:
"You can download the Mac archive from the main page"

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 02:07:49 PM

Add this myth:

Hey CoinHunter where is the Mac OSX SLC client? I wish to try it out when available to better understand how the recent changes affect me as testing in a win 7 VM (cus of no OSX app yet) isn't letting me see the full picture when testing,partciularly the built in CPU miner in the SLC client. Virtualisation usually adds a performance penalty (however small this may be).

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
CoinHunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 02:15:22 PM

Add this myth:

Hey CoinHunter where is the Mac OSX SLC client? I wish to try it out when available to better understand how the recent changes affect me as testing in a win 7 VM (cus of no OSX app yet) isn't letting me see the full picture when testing,partciularly the built in CPU miner in the SLC client. Virtualisation usually adds a performance penalty (however small this may be).

We've been lazy! There haven't been many MAC users complaining and we always knew we were moving away from the existing client which made it a bit boring to make the binaries for such a thing. MAC users can still compile SolidCoin from source but it's obviously a problem for most people who aren't used to that kind of thing.

SolidCoin v3 client should support MAC out of the box.... but don't quote me on that. We need some MAC developers heading our way because we mainly have Linux and Windows devs at the moment. The next client is rather system agnostic so it shouldn't be a big deal compiling for nearly any platform.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 02:22:18 PM

Add this myth:

We've been lazy! There haven't been many MAC users complaining and we always knew we were moving away from the existing client which made it a bit boring to make the binaries for such a thing. MAC users can still compile SolidCoin from source but it's obviously a problem for most people who aren't used to that kind of thing.

SolidCoin v3 client should support MAC out of the box.... but don't quote me on that. We need some MAC developers heading our way because we mainly have Linux and Windows devs at the moment. The next client is rather system agnostic so it shouldn't be a big deal compiling for nearly any platform.
Thanks for the reply CoinHunter.I'm not a coder type person.Maybe you should have like a timeline of when new version will be release so that the general user can have an idea of when to expect things like for most software apps and hardware. This'll help users like myself and others around me know when we can expect things.maybe Sc should look at developing for android and other smartphones (for the wallet part as mining is probably pointless on a phone).I use multiple platforms like win 7 on my PC (desktop), OSX on my MBP (since apple supplies OSX on the MBP) and Maemo 5 on my Nokia N900 phone which is a version of linux.

CoinHunter

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 02:42:49 PM

Thanks for the reply CoinHunter.I'm not a coder type person.Maybe you should have like a timeline of when new version will be release so that the general user can have an idea of when to expect things like for most software apps and hardware. This'll help users like myself and others around me know when we can expect things.maybe Sc should look at developing for android and other smartphones (for the wallet part as mining is probably pointless on a phone).I use multiple platforms like win 7 on my PC (desktop), OSX on my MBP (since apple supplies OSX on the MBP) and Maemo 5 on my Nokia N900 phone which is a version of linux.

Yeah we can certainly do many things better than we are. But it's a free project and getting people to work for free is quite a task! Tongue SolidCoin v3 is going to make every platform, including phones and tablets, etc, available to be used.

Basically if your mom or grandma can understand netbanking they'll be able to use SolidCoin v3 .

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 06:14:29 PM

Your wallet.dat probably has junk or corrupt transactions in it.
Run solidcoin with the "-cleanwallet" command line option. It will reload all transactions back into your wallet from the block chain.

If you have a large number of transactions it may take some time for it to finish the reload.

Thanks mate Smiley.  I'll give it a go and report back.

Retired

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 01:00:33 AM

Actually, it's a good thing your SolidCoin stopped downloading blocks at 179999 Grin

It gave you the last chance to regret of your decision of installing and joining the network of that infamous so-called "fork".
Hope you take the right decision and uninstall SolidCoin, taking advantage of this opportunity the life has given you Wink
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 02:09:09 AM

Actually, it's a good thing your SolidCoin stopped downloading blocks at 179999 Grin

It gave you the last chance to regret of your decision of installing and joining the network of that infamous so-called "fork".
Hope you take the right decision and uninstall SolidCoin, taking advantage of this opportunity the life has given you Wink

+1

^2

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
ElMoIsEviL

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 03:04:15 AM

How federal reserve of you. I have as much interest in replacing one system of central bankers with another as I do of getting the Ebola virus.

Not federal at all, everyone will always be able to run their own node and only connect to that if they want. It's just the new client securely sends transactions by connecting to other nodes to do all the "grunt work". This way lite devices like phones can send funds and grandma doesn't need the whole chain to do simple things.

Yeah like Private Banks can run their own "nodes" and print money out of thin air. Yeah man... your whole scam is centralized. You're doing the very thing bitcoin was created to undo.

How can you not see that?

ElMoIsEviL

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 03:11:43 AM

Your wallet.dat probably has junk or corrupt transactions in it.
Run solidcoin with the "-cleanwallet" command line option. It will reload all transactions back into your wallet from the block chain.

If you have a large number of transactions it may take some time for it to finish the reload.

I hear you can run it with the -greenspan and -bernanke tags for added effect. The -greenspan tag will lead to the market being flooded with cheap ScamCoins (those that were claimed to be un-spendable but are spendable or maybe they aren't.. who knows the owner keeps changing his mind). Another tag is the -bernanke tag which will take ScamCoins from everyones Wallets and give them to the Central Operator who will then decide which nodes get how many ScamCoins. I think they call this process "Quantitative Scamming".

I mean heck... if you're going to create a Centralized Crypto-Currency you might as well go all out and add all these neat features. Wait till you hear of the Keynes, John Law and Madoff tags... but those are for another day  Wink

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 07:55:19 AM

Actually i made quite a bit of money off SC. I bought most at .0009 and below and having recovered the wallet finally I sold them all off. Now I can finance some irl stuff and leave sc behind lke the abortion of central banking should be.

CoinHunter

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 03:58:49 AM

Yeah like Private Banks can run their own "nodes" and print money out of thin air. Yeah man... your whole scam is centralized. You're doing the very thing bitcoin was created to undo.

Actually we are against that in principle, but it's hard to stop a bank at the moment if they truly wanted to buy many SolidCoins. I'm sure if they offered $10/coin a lot of people would "cash out". That cost is still significantly higher than a Bitcoin attack. That said being a trusted node doesn't really give that many "Special powers" it just protects the network by limiting the number of blocks non trust nodes can create in a row, making it more fair and less "Suspicious" of miners holding back blocks. If a bank/government became a trust node RIGHT NOW they could cause some annoyances and slow the network a little, but they couldn't stop it.

There will be work done on trust nodes going forward to improve them. SolidCoin aims to protect its users from government, bank and large corporation attacks, so that is where work will be done to ensure that's the case as much as it can be. It's going to be hard. You can read some more about that on our myths page :-

http://solidcoin.info/myths.html#SolidCoin_will_be_shut_down_by_the_government

shakti

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 10:20:14 AM

Actually we are against that in principle, but it's hard to stop a bank at the moment if they truly wanted to buy many SolidCoins. I'm sure if they offered $10/coin a lot of people would "cash out". That cost is still significantly higher than a Bitcoin attack. That said being a trusted node doesn't really give that many "Special powers" it just protects the network by limiting the number of blocks non trust nodes can create in a row, making it more fair and less "Suspicious" of miners holding back blocks. If a bank/government became a trust node RIGHT NOW they could cause some annoyances and slow the network a little, but they couldn't stop it.

There will be work done on trust nodes going forward to improve them. SolidCoin aims to protect its users from government, bank and large corporation attacks, so that is where work will be done to ensure that's the case as much as it can be. It's going to be hard. You can read some more about that on our myths page :-

http://solidcoin.info/myths.html#SolidCoin_will_be_shut_down_by_the_government
They don't ever bother to stop Solidcoin, it's just nothing and will be nothing. But if they wish to stop it ... they have just to Jail Coinhunter and turn of his "trusted nodes" Smiley)) It costs almost nothing Smiley

RealSolid

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 03:29:15 PM

They don't ever bother to stop Solidcoin, it's just nothing and will be nothing. But if they wish to stop it ... they have just to Jail Coinhunter and turn of his "trusted nodes" Smiley)) It costs almost nothing Smiley

You don't seem to get it: Solidcoin®™∞ unstoppable.  Imagine a hippo in the wild, nurturing its offspring as the tiny hippo suckles the teet of the mother hippo. Now imagine a poacher appears!  The hippo becomes angry!  So angry, the hippo grows bigger, muscular, green, and its purple shorts rip right off!  So there they face off, the poacher and the hulk hippo with the aforementioned baby hippo still attatched to the teet, suckling it's hippo nutrition right out of the angry hulk hippo! So much that the mother hippo shrivels right up, the baby hippo goes off to med-school, and the poacher goes home to spend time with his family.

That's what Solidcoin®™∞ is.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 07:20:53 PM

You don't seem to get it: Solidcoin®™∞ unstoppable.  Imagine a hippo in the wild, nurturing its offspring as the tiny hippo suckles the teet of the mother hippo. Now imagine a poacher appears!  The hippo becomes angry!  So angry, the hippo grows bigger, muscular, green, and its purple shorts rip right off!  So there they face off, the poacher and the hulk hippo with the aforementioned baby hippo still attatched to the teet, suckling it's hippo nutrition right out of the angry hulk hippo! So much that the mother hippo shrivels right up, the baby hippo goes off to med-school, and the poacher goes home to spend time with his family.

That's what Solidcoin®™∞ is.

You heard it straight from the creator of Solidcoin, Mr. RealSolid himself.
Solidcoins are hippo nipples.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 04:04:14 AM

It seems every SC thread turns into a lolfest. lolol. <-- See!

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 04:08:04 AM

It seems every SC thread turns into a lolfest. lolol. <-- See!

Do not taunt the hippos. They will devour you!

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 04:10:41 AM

^ lol.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2012, 09:15:43 PM

Most of the SC threads were fixing to fall off the first page, why did you post and bump 4 of them? Just curious...

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: