Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:43:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mining Difficultly Increases - 5 years from now  (Read 2782 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:57:05 AM

What up everybody -

Trying to get an estimation for what the btc mining difficulty factor will be in 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 3 years and 5 years from now??

Best estimations I can find only include the next difficultly level but don't go any further.  Don't know how to figure it out myself obv..

Please help me Smiley  Willing to send a few chips on seals with clubs for solid detailed answer.

Thanks

If you want to know because you are considering buying mining gear....just.....don't..... Ok?
There, I just saved you oodles of time and money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:29:34 AM

An estimation beyond the next couple of months is nearly impossible to make accurately given that hardware coming off or online is hard to predict and efficiency increases over the coming years cannot be predicted. If I were you I'd use the average increase over the last 3 months (percentile) to make an approximation for the net 3 months.
BetMoose

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

Real Bets. Real People. By Anyone, on anything

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 05:40:31 AM

What up everybody -

Trying to get an estimation for what the btc mining difficulty factor will be in 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 3 years and 5 years from now??

Best estimations I can find only include the next difficultly level but don't go any further.  Don't know how to figure it out myself obv..

Please help me Smiley  Willing to send a few chips on seals with clubs for solid detailed answer.

Thanks

Make a multi-option bet on https://www.betmoose.com with 5 ranges and share it - see what ppl vote for (and they'll probably do some good research since they're putting coin down). Prediction market power!

Also this should have been posted in Mining Wink

BetMoose.com - Wager on real world events. Profit from predicting the future. Create and share your own contracts.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:07:25 AM

In 5 years I am sure it'd be in the high trillions, maybe even quadrillions.

Have you taken into account lessening block rewards (I.E. block halving)? Miners will be persuaded to stop mining or to leave to an altcoin.

mining is always going to be a cat chasing its own tail game, the higher the difficulty, the more miners, the more miners the higher the difficulty.. (another analogy is that miners are always shooting themselves in their foot out of greed)

block halving makes weak miners who cant afford to continually upgrade, give up for a few months. and those big players continue on. what also happens is that the price of bitcoin rises (miners don't sell at a loss, causing a low supply, high demand price rise) to a level that miners are happy to sell at. again some miners will give up as they cant keep using their FIAT reserves to pay the electric.

but all in all the miners vs difficulty will keep rising.
this cat and mouse game has been going on for 5 years,
with the movement from CPU to GPU
with the movement from GPU to FPGA
with the movement from FPGA to ASIC 110nm
with the movement from ASIC 110nm to ASIC 55mn
with the movement from ASIC 55mn to smaller nm (faster asics) to smaller nm (faster asics) to smaller nm (faster asics)
not even the last halving stopped any of this.

the greed of miners will ensure that no matter what, there will never be a time that people can start up their old rigs and be able to mine like they did 'in the goold old days' of first having that rig.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: