Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:34:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I buy this gold bar - good deal?  (Read 1856 times)
monbux (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 01:17:53 AM

SoI just found this on ebay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/10-g-Pamp-Suisse-Gold-Wafer-Bar-/301198427928?pt=US_Bullion_Bars_Rounds&hash=item4620d34718&_uhb=1

They are selling a 10g gold bullion for $380 USD?  10g of 24k gold is currently already $400 USD... so how are they making a profit off this?  I'm planning to buy it, just wondering if I missed something? o.O

Edit: is it because there is "Reserve not met"?  We have to bid higher in order to buy it from the seller?  o.O I barely use Ebay Tongue
mdzedzej

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:32:48 AM

the reserve not met means that he/she can cancel the auction if it doesnt reach the requirement....
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:15:05 AM

That's not gonna selling for $380. It's an auction. There are 13 bids and 22 hours to go. Wait to see the price tomorrow Wink

Honestly, I would stay away from ebay auctions and gold unless you want to pay a premium. Noticed quite a few times gold and silver selling higher then usually.. most of the times you would be able to get a better price at sites like apmex.com for the same coin or bar.
monbux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 02:20:04 AM

That's not gonna selling for $380. It's an auction. There are 13 bids and 22 hours to go. Wait to see the price tomorrow Wink

Honestly, I would stay away from ebay auctions and gold unless you want to pay a premium. Noticed quite a few times gold and silver selling higher then usually.. most of the times you would be able to get a better price at sites like apmex.com for the same coin or bar.

Thanks... would apmex.com be the site you recommend for almost pure gold/silver purchases?  Looking to hold some, a couple thousand dollars worth.. located in Canada...  Any recommends?
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:00:49 AM

Thanks... would apmex.com be the site you recommend for almost pure gold/silver purchases?  Looking to hold some, a couple thousand dollars worth.. located in Canada...  Any recommends?

I can recommend them.  I've had a few orders with them in the past and one currently in transit.  Also, you can sometimes pick things up on here from some trusted sellers.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 03:19:34 AM

Apmex is 100% legit and reliable, but can't say how they do sending outside the USA.
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 03:39:11 AM

Apmex is 100% legit and reliable, but can't say how they do sending outside the USA.
customs will steal it. 100%. i would.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 03:47:31 AM

Honestly if you have to ask if it is a good deal...then it is not.
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1379
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 04:18:41 AM

if your near toronto there's some good places to buy in person.
http://canadianbullionservices.com/   for example

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
coaex

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@coaex - LBMA certified Gold & Silver

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 04:39:03 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2014, 04:52:54 AM by coaex

Thanks... would apmex.com be the site you recommend for almost pure gold/silver purchases?  Looking to hold some, a couple thousand dollars worth.. located in Canada...  Any recommends?

We offer Gold and Silver bullion and accept cryptocoins. We have sent Gold and Silver to Canada before and never had a problem.
Our prices are generally better than Apmex or any other online store as we have low operational costs and tight business connections with Turkish gold and silver manufacturers.

You can check our store at : https://www.coaex.com

As for 10 g of Gold, you can purchase it for USD 420,98 (incl. shipment to Canada) by joining our Facebook promotion and getting 10 USD discount coupon. Note that only orders above USD 100 qualify - this is a one-time offer and the promotion will end by mid June but coupon codes will be valid till they are used so I think it's better to get your coupon code now:)

Compare some gold prices and if you can find a better price, just message us so that we can apply an additional discount Wink

Finally, you can customize your own assay card - check our Custom Gold Bars section for more information.
We are the producers of BlackCoin Gold Bars and it's the best selling product, as of now.

I should also admit that PAMP Suisse gold bars may slightly be expensive than IGR gold bars as they have better manufacturing technology and design but since this is an auction, the eBay seller may offer it for a better deal. I personally like PAMP bars but we have no business connections with them for now.

Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
cookiemonster7

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Cookie...Cookie.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:18:58 AM

Check out agora commodities, I recieved a 1/10 oz. coin today and am very pleased. I will be ordering more soon. Support bitcoin and use it for purchasing your gold.

-  “Genius is fine for the ignition spark, but to get there someone has to see that the radiator doesn't leak and no tire is flat.”
nitehawk

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Worldcore - Banking for the Future

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:18:18 AM

And make sure it's not 10 grain

That's are tiny tiny

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
SelbyTsang

Activity: 577
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:35:49 AM

And make sure it's not 10 grain

That's are tiny tiny

True.
10 grains would be just about 0.65 grams, but the abbreviation for grains should be gr.  Smiley

nitehawk

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Worldcore - Banking for the Future

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:31:22 AM

that is true and i would agree with you if there werent so many scams on ebay

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
monbux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 12:47:47 AM

Thanks... would apmex.com be the site you recommend for almost pure gold/silver purchases?  Looking to hold some, a couple thousand dollars worth.. located in Canada...  Any recommends?

We offer Gold and Silver bullion and accept cryptocoins. We have sent Gold and Silver to Canada before and never had a problem.
Our prices are generally better than Apmex or any other online store as we have low operational costs and tight business connections with Turkish gold and silver manufacturers.

As for 10 g of Gold, you can purchase it for USD 420,98 (incl. shipment to Canada) by joining our Facebook promotion and getting 10 USD discount coupon. Note that only orders above USD 100 qualify - this is a one-time offer and the promotion will end by mid June but coupon codes will be valid till they are used so I think it's better to get your coupon code now:)

Compare some gold prices and if you can find a better price, just message us so that we can apply an additional discount Wink

Finally, you can customize your own assay card - check our Custom Gold Bars section for more information.
We are the producers of BlackCoin Gold Bars and it's the best selling product, as of now.

I should also admit that PAMP Suisse gold bars may slightly be expensive than IGR gold bars as they have better manufacturing technology and design but since this is an auction, the eBay seller may offer it for a better deal. I personally like PAMP bars but we have no business connections with them for now.

Thanks, I've checked out your site... planning to buy a 10g there.
What is the difference between PAMP bars and IGR bars?  Does one have a better gold quality then the other one???
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 01:37:47 AM

SoI just found this on ebay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/10-g-Pamp-Suisse-Gold-Wafer-Bar-/301198427928?pt=US_Bullion_Bars_Rounds&hash=item4620d34718&_uhb=1

They are selling a 10g gold bullion for $380 USD?  10g of 24k gold is currently already $400 USD... so how are they making a profit off this?  I'm planning to buy it, just wondering if I missed something? o.O

Edit: is it because there is "Reserve not met"?  We have to bid higher in order to buy it from the seller?  o.O I barely use Ebay Tongue

Reserve not met means that they have fixed a price, below which the item won't be sold and it will be over $400 I am guessing but if I were you I would never purchase gold over the internet not unless if it was on a commodity trading website and you were just buying it for selling/trading etc, otherwise I'd suggest you go to a local store and purchase it face to face with certificates of its authenticity.

cookiemonster7

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Cookie...Cookie.

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:23:21 AM

Everything checked out with my coin from agora commodities, these guys are definitely going to see a lot of business from me.

-  “Genius is fine for the ignition spark, but to get there someone has to see that the radiator doesn't leak and no tire is flat.”
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:26:31 AM

I once bought a 0.25 oz Gold Eagle from goldsilverbitcoin.com with BTC.  There was a slight delay, but everything in the end went well.  I live in the USA.

Of course, YMMV...
coaex

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 11:37:59 AM

Thanks, I've checked out your site... planning to buy a 10g there.
What is the difference between PAMP bars and IGR bars?  Does one have a better gold quality then the other one???

Technically, they have the same purity and well refined products, but PAMP is generally known by its design quality.
PAMP means "Produits Artistiques Metaux Precieux" or "Artistic Precious Metals Products". The name says it all! Smiley
PAMP vs IGR is like Ferrari vs. Audi.. or you name it Smiley

coaex

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 11:46:34 AM

Auction is ended at 415$ + 20$ = 435$.. Considering our 420$ price including shipping for IGR 10 gram, that 435$ is a fair price for PAMP. You pay 15$ more for the PAMP design, that's all.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: