Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:54:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm so out the mining game!  (Read 1417 times)
Lucky Cris (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:33:54 AM

Frustration is an understatement; and coming from every which angle. Scamcoins here, shitcoins there; forked chains and the works - hell, I might as well buy and hold. Aside from losing a lil interest, I honestly just don't see mining in my near future so my rigs are for sale, best offer. I don't mind dealing in BTC (escrow is a must!), but I'd prefer verified paypal/skrill/cash/money gift cards - but no other coins.

I'm not trying to make a profit, but I'll be damned if I'll be low-balled either - so just don't. I spared no expense gathering what I needed to set up my rigs... Ok, so the hard drives were hand-me-downs, but everything else is top shelf. I know I won't get what I put into them, but you can peek at my list and see I wasn't chingy.

I would prefer to sell as a package deal, but whatever. I'm too exhausted now to fully put down the specs, so I'll modify this post tomorrow, gotta get some shut eye. If there's anything that piques your interest, holler. But this is everything in a nutshell - set up is 5 cards per board:

10 r9 290s - 4GB... no OC and I got 3.5Mh each card using x11mod sgminer
ASUS Sabertooth mobo - no pci-e slot shorting needed. I plugged 1x x 16x risers right into the 16x slot and it took
MSI mobo (I have 2 of these, one I thought was bricked - read my rep, I gave a working board away)
2 AMD processors; not the el cheapo ones, 6 cores
2 1200w Consair PSU w/link dongle. ATXi - yeah, I went all out

A few other misc things:
shitload of powered risers 1x and 16x 16. maybe 15 of them total
hard drives
8 sticks of 2GB RAM - I was told I didn't as much but used 8GB per rig
external dvd writer
more PSUs I slaved to the Consairs
21 inch monitor
wireless keyboard/mouse
HDMI switch w/cables (don't ask; I ssh'd into the damn things but it did served its purpose)
Netgear wireless dongles - told you I went all out
120mm case fans; a couple glow blue
I'm sure there's more...

This is just what I can remember off the top of my head... don't want to post any wrong specs, so I'll wait to grab the specifics. These rigs have very little uptime, about a week total; still looks and smell new. I'll also post some pics too.

I sold my block erupturers on eBay in less than a week...I'd hate to go there again, but that's where everything'll be if I don't have any takers by this weekend.  

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 03:36:00 AM

What AMD CPU's you got??  I could use a decent one or 2.
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 04:03:58 AM

What AMD CPU's you got??  I could use a decent one or 2.
Also interested in this

Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:29:19 AM

Sad to hear your story.
I am a pure BTC miner and can not help you buying stuff off from you.
I hope someone who are in scrypt mining can help you.
Good luck.

-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:08:34 AM

Price for 1200w psu?
brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:15:39 AM

Can you list what you actually have and are asking?  I'm probably interested in at least some of the parts but I need to know what exactly you have....
Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:16:20 PM

Can you list what you actually have and are asking?  I'm probably interested in at least some of the parts but I need to know what exactly you have....

Sorry... hadn't been online. I'll get everything together and post shortly. I got a few offers via PM that's actually making me think this one over. I ask that you make an offer based on fair market value.

Coopster8888

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:18:39 PM

Sad sorry to hear you are leaving the game, best of luck selling everything off

deebob

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:19:00 PM

You have a picture you`ll upload soon and price?

Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:20:03 PM

You have a picture you`ll upload soon and price?

Yes, I'll upload pics.

samsonn25

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 10:02:52 PM

"10 r9 290s - 4GB... no OC and I got 3.5Mh each card using x11mod sgminer "

Must have been an experiment.  BTC Gpu mining was done already last summer.   Assuming you were doing Scrypt because the r9 290 didnt come out until late November .  With Scrypt it can do 800-900 kh
Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:30:37 PM

Must have been an experiment.  BTC Gpu mining was done already last summer.   Assuming you were doing Scrypt because the r9 290 didnt come out until late November .  With Scrypt it can do 800-900 kh

Ok... you're an idiot. Didn't I say I used the x11mod mining software? So what the hell should that tell you? Does BTC use the x11 algo?Huh And didn't I also say that they were like new, hardly any mining time? Hey dummy, that means I wasn't mining with them last year. Stupid. Just stupid.

I really hope you get this message... actually - I'll PM it to you.

juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:02:31 AM

How much for the 120mm case fans shipped to 12434?

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 12:19:28 AM

Price for cpu?
lapah

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:14:14 AM

Can we get price quotes for each item, thanks.
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 04:18:21 AM

Mine scrypt convert to BTC

samsonn25

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:16:37 AM

Must have been an experiment.  BTC Gpu mining was done already last summer.   Assuming you were doing Scrypt because the r9 290 didnt come out until late November .  With Scrypt it can do 800-900 kh

Ok... you're an idiot. Didn't I say I used the x11mod mining software? So what the hell should that tell you? Does BTC use the x11 algo?Huh And didn't I also say that they were like new, hardly any mining time? Hey dummy, that means I wasn't mining with them last year. Stupid. Just stupid.

Hey Assh###  I didnt say you were mining them last year, I said GPU mining for btc was dead by last year.  I didnt even say you were mining btc. 

It was still an experiment, with alt algo and alt coins, if not you wouldnt be selling them here.

Well you used  equipment with a better algo, to seemingly get more power to mine but on worthless coins so you must be smarter than anyone else.  The cards are still good to play games though.
chadwickx16

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:01:08 AM

Must have been an experiment.  BTC Gpu mining was done already last summer.   Assuming you were doing Scrypt because the r9 290 didnt come out until late November .  With Scrypt it can do 800-900 kh

Hey Assh###  I didnt say you were mining them last year, I said GPU mining for btc was dead by last year.  I didnt even say you were mining btc. 

It was still an experiment, with alt algo and alt coins, if not you wouldnt be selling them here.

Well you used  equipment with a better algo, to seemingly get more power to mine but on worthless coins so you must be smarter than anyone else.  The cards are still good to play games though.

This was wonderful!!  Cheesy

Anyway, my buddy is looking for a 290, what are you asking?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:40:59 AM

Well you used  equipment with a better algo, to seemingly get more power to mine but on worthless coins so you must be smarter than anyone else.  The cards are still good to play games though.

Indeed! lol. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be upset about it - but I'm totally not! Loved the sensored name calling Smiley

Anyhoo - was going to post pics/specs but unless I want my next hobbie not to be taken seriously, I best not sell. Hubbie invested a lot time building me a custom cabinet and installing heavy duty electrical wiring so I could keep close to my shit. He's so awesome!

Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:53:25 AM

Sorry all ... Can't sell right now. There's no shortage of supplies being sold, so happy hunting!

Will leave thread open for a bit just in case sampsonn25 wants to talk more trash.

@sampsonn25 - I managed to cop myself a few of the coins still on the exchange lists. Yeah, I tried a shitty coin (FUCK PURE!) or two, but it's all chalked up to experience buddy. And - just because I don't have much time under my belt on this forum, I was part of this community way before signing up. Hell, I mined bitcoins with block erupters.

samsonn25

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:56:56 AM

Chris you have to read, and re read the post again.

I only reacted because you called me idiot, dummy, stupid.  .    yet Everything I said was true.
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:02:54 AM

Sorry all ... Can't sell right now. There's no shortage of supplies being sold, so happy hunting!

Will leave thread open for a bit just in case sampsonn25 wants to talk more trash.

@sampsonn25 - I managed to cop myself a few of the coins still on the exchange lists. Yeah, I tried a shitty coin (FUCK PURE!) or two, but it's all chalked up to experience buddy. And - just because I don't have much time under my belt on this forum, I was part of this community way before signing up. Hell, I mined bitcoins with block erupters.

Shocked a woman miner  Shocked wow...that is rare Cheesy Care to snap a few shots of yer rigs? i wanna see yer hubbies work Smiley I'm in the middle of building a 5th/s KNC case...gona have a 1300cfm exhaust fan on it so no more worry'in bout heat for me Cheesy

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
chadwickx16

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:45:14 AM

Well you used  equipment with a better algo, to seemingly get more power to mine but on worthless coins so you must be smarter than anyone else.  The cards are still good to play games though.

Indeed! lol. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be upset about it - but I'm totally not! Loved the sensored name calling Smiley

Anyhoo - was going to post pics/specs but unless I want my next hobbie not to be taken seriously, I best not sell. Hubbie invested a lot time building me a custom cabinet and installing heavy duty electrical wiring so I could keep close to my shit. He's so awesome!

No worries, best of luck to you! Do you have the 40% boost running for X11? If not PM me, I can help you set it up.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:19:09 AM

Chris you have to read, and re read the post again.

I only reacted because you called me idiot, dummy, stupid.  .    yet Everything I said was true.

And I'm sure you were Smiley  Did I misperceive your message - possibly. Reread what you wrote but look at it from my perspective; listing items for sale. See the context? But no worries! I'm not mad at you, hope you're mad at me Tongue  although I did want to carry it on a lil longer lol.

Oh, and everything you said wasn't true - it wasn't an experiment Smiley  It's a hobby that consume too much of time.

samsonn25

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:32:12 AM

Im not mad because I experimented too with gpu mining. 5870s and r9 290s too.  It was fun while it lasted but I sold off or reused most of the parts

The new algos x11 and x13 is interesting if and when they become stable and i might return when the game is not rigged anymore.

You have good parts and wont have a hard time to sell.  cheerio
Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:37:22 AM

Shocked a woman miner  Shocked wow...that is rare Cheesy Care to snap a few shots of yer rigs? i wanna see yer hubbies work Smiley I'm in the middle of building a 5th/s KNC case...gona have a 1300cfm exhaust fan on it so no more worry'in bout heat for me Cheesy

Most def! It's still in need of a paint job tho... not sure what the theme's going to be, Can't you tell, I'm all girlie Smiley  But I'll tell you that it's a closed cabinet with a clear plexiglass door (hubbie understood I didn't want to see it, but yet still wanted to see it, it that makes sense). He built it tall enough to make room for expansion later, although it would take away my storage space on the bottom.

To combat the heat, I have a total of 5 120mm fans - 3 blowing hot air out - straight out the damn window via exhaust vents (like the ones used for dryers) and what an ugly sight! I think I might paint those too! Anyhoo, 1 fan is cooling my PSU shelf (5 PSUs - o2 per rig and 1 powering the fans and my temp control display). The intake 2nd fan is blowing directly on my boards. Oh, and lastly I have a 10,000 btu portable AC unit blowing a constant 65 into my cabinet. How's that for heat management Tongue

I'm only running one rig (5 cards) now because I didn't feel like the hassle of reinstalling Xubuntu on the 2nd, but since I'm not selling now, I might as get her up and running as well.

Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:38:17 AM

Im not mad because I experimented too with gpu mining. 5870s and r9 290s too.  It was fun while it lasted but I sold off or reused most of the parts

The new algos x11 and x13 is interesting if and when they become stable and i might return when the game is not rigged anymore.

You have good parts and wont have a hard time to sell.  cheerio

Interesting... I see I'm not the only one who's suspect, lol! Wink

Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:40:55 AM

And here she is! Smiley 

Not ready for the run way yet so I haven't posted in the brag thread. I just moved it this past weekend to an opposite wall so you'll see 2 of the 3 exhaust tubes aren't connected right now. But it's all good for now... I'm only running 5 of the cards, plus it blows warm air on me while I'm sitting at my desk Tongue 

http://s17.postimg.org/c2sxscinj/photo_1.jpg

As you can see, it's pretty tall. I got tired of standing (perfect height to do so tho), and sliding my chair across the room when I wanted to sit so I just moved it where it was convenient. Those bulky vents did well when they were in direct line with the window, but too much sitting next to me. So I'm going to have hubbie move them to the rear of the cabinet. BTW, I have fans assisting with blowing the hot air out.

So why go through all the trouble of moving my cabinet only to have to reposition two exhaust lines... well, I had to make room for my comfy chair, of course!

http://s18.postimg.org/d8t7mnqwp/photo_2.jpg

In the next week or so I should have her looking really nice (I'm thinking about just wallpapering it). Since I'll be keeping her and all Smiley But first I need to repair the hole in my wall hubbie had to make to run my dedicated electrical line (10 gauge split into 2 12s or maybe 14s?) so I could use a normal outlet. As nice touch, he chose four outlets that have a fail safe switch on it! Just like the ones required in bathrooms.

http://s28.postimg.org/z6gnzp1tp/photo.jpg

My miners aren't plugged into the outlet yet (black box on bottom of pic) because we got the wrong 30amp breaker. Who the hell knew those damn things weren't universal!

crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:15:56 AM

And here she is! Smiley 

Not ready for the run way yet so I haven't posted in the brag thread. I just moved it this past weekend to an opposite wall so you'll see 2 of the 3 exhaust tubes aren't connected right now. But it's all good for now... I'm only running 5 of the cards, plus it blows warm air on me while I'm sitting at my desk Tongue 

http://s17.postimg.org/c2sxscinj/photo_1.jpg

As you can see, it's pretty tall. I got tired of standing (perfect height to do so tho), and sliding my chair across the room when I wanted to sit so I just moved it where it was convenient. Those bulky vents did well when they were in direct line with the window, but too much sitting next to me. So I'm going to have hubbie move them to the rear of the cabinet. BTW, I have fans assisting with blowing the hot air out.

So why go through all the trouble of moving my cabinet only to have to reposition two exhaust lines... well, I had to make room for my comfy chair, of course!

http://s18.postimg.org/d8t7mnqwp/photo_2.jpg

In the next week or so I should have her looking really nice (I'm thinking about just wallpapering it). Since I'll be keeping her and all Smiley But first I need to repair the hole in my wall hubbie had to make to run my dedicated electrical line (10 gauge split into 2 12s or maybe 14s?) so I could use a normal outlet. As nice touch, he chose four outlets that have a fail safe switch on it! Just like the ones required in bathrooms.

http://s28.postimg.org/z6gnzp1tp/photo.jpg

My miners aren't plugged into the outlet yet (black box on bottom of pic) because we got the wrong 30amp breaker. Who the hell knew those damn things weren't universal!

well that is a nice setup ya got there Smiley yer hubby did some good work...ya i'm hoping if i remove all the heat from my knc miners they won't need a a/c in the basement...but will have the option to put one in if they do...ya, i had to play with 10 gauge wire too...not fun to try and wire up 4 plugs off 1 incoming wire...but they are on 240v now cause i was only working off 60a service to house...but i'm moving to a new place with 100a service so i'll have more then enough power now...well good luck with your gpu mining Smiley

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
Umer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:50:14 AM

wwell good luck with you can you mention the prices of all above things ...

So i can tell to my friend and he will buy ...
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: