Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:28:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [INFO] How to get SMS and Email notifications for any wallet  (Read 1802 times)
norgan (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 03:56:17 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 03:25:46 AM by norgan

Are you using Electrum, Multibit, Bitcoin core or blockchain.info wallet, or any other wallet for that matter, and do you want to be alerted when you receive a payment such a mining etc?

It's pretty simple, here's how:

1. log into blockchain.info and create a new wallet https://blockchain.info/wallet/new
2. log into your wallet on blockchain.info/wallet
3. go to import/export tab
4. click Add Watch Only Address
5. enter the Bitcoin address of the wallet you want notifications for
6. ensure you go into account settings and add an email address to send to and/or a mobile number

This can be done for as many addresses as you like. Smiley

This may be somewhere else but I couldn't find it so I hope others find this useful.

Note: I All My Wallet accounts get 5 free SMS messages per day, more can be purchased from the my account page.

Miner, tech geek, operator of NorgzPool - Sydney Australia P2Pool Node creator of p2pool fancy front end

Tips: 1NorganBbymShTN2MMpfGzRYJF8mcPeXjv Exchange BTC locally in Australia or Donate to p2pool miners

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pandit

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:45:25 PM

are all country mobiles are supported ?

deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:37:37 PM

Register in www.coinbase.com, they support email and message. you will get code in  mobile message,  after login and you need to put that code to access your account.

Bharat

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:09:38 PM

@deadley  is conbase allows indians to use their service ?  i signed up and it only shows to add us bank for verification

for sale
deadley
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:11:52 PM

@deadley  is conbase allows indians to use their service ?  i signed up and it only shows to add us bank for verification

I am also Indian, you can buy bitcoin through credit card, Bank account only for US citizen. I only use coinbase for wallet service.

Bharat

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:21:11 PM

I am also Indian, you can buy bitcoin through credit card, Bank account only for US citizen. I only use coinbase for wallet service.
thanks buddy i will check again in detail and see for buying Smiley

for sale
deadley
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:23:08 PM

thanks buddy i will check again in detail and see for buying Smiley

If you want to buy Bitcoins then check forum currency exchange section.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0

and we have Indian sub fourm market too where you can buy from other Indians so you will more comfortable.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=122.0

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 03:32:38 PM

Register in www.coinbase.com, they support email and message. you will get code in  mobile message,  after login and you need to put that code to access your account.

Its right. Register in coinbase. Best online wallet I ever used!  Smiley
Kindly,
       Muhammed Zakhir

BillyBobJoe

Activity: 119

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:06:39 PM

I may be mistaken but that sounds like 2 factor to access your account. Something different than OP post.
deadley
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:16:27 PM

I may be mistaken but that sounds like 2 factor to access your account. Something different than OP post.

It is 2FA, and coinbase also send notification email when you receive Bitcoin or send Bitcoin to others

BillyBobJoe

Activity: 119

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:39:45 PM

It is 2FA, and coinbase also send notification email when you receive Bitcoin or send Bitcoin to others

I didn't know that they also notify when sending/receiving, Thanks!
norgan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 10:28:12 PM

I guess coinbase could work also. I just tested it with blockchain.

Miner, tech geek, operator of NorgzPool - Sydney Australia P2Pool Node creator of p2pool fancy front end

Tips: 1NorganBbymShTN2MMpfGzRYJF8mcPeXjv Exchange BTC locally in Australia or Donate to p2pool miners
scribbles

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:26:06 AM

I use coinbase to buy and sell, and they offer email notification, but I can't find SMS notification anywhere in the settings on my profile (I'm in the US).

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
norgan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 01:38:41 AM

a note, with Blockchain wallets I don't get SMS messages if my wallet balance is empty. I guess they charge from them. Will try to confirm.

bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 01:45:23 AM

Are you using Electrum, Multibit, Bitcoin core or blockchain.info wallet, or any other wallet for that matter, and do you want to be alerted when you receive a payment such a mining etc?

It's pretty simple, here's how:

1. log into blockchain.info and create a new wallet https://blockchain.info/wallet/new
2. log into your wallet on blockchain.info/wallet
3. go to import/export tab
4. click Add Watch Only Address
5. enter the Bitcoin address of the wallet you want notifications for
6. ensure you go into account settings and add an email address to send to and/or a mobile number

This can be done for as many addresses as you like. Smiley

This may be somewhere else but I couldn't find it so I hope others find this useful.

Very good information, all these clients don't have this feature but blockchain wallet does and by doing this one can be secure and updated as well of all the transactions on their secure addresses in real time. Thanks OP.

a note, with Blockchain wallets I don't get SMS messages if my wallet balance is empty. I guess they charge from them. Will try to confirm.

I was just thinking that there must be a cache, sms aren't free, they may be cheap locally but they're not when you're sending them internationally, see this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=528865.0

someone claimed to have been charged 0.0001. And do update us with your findings on this.

norgan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 03:20:39 AM

I just tested sending 0.001 into my main blockchain wallet and it sent me an SMS. will see if that happens now with the watched addresses and let you know.

norgan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 03:21:49 AM

are all country mobiles are supported ?

they note that some countries may not be supported but have not yet been able to find out which.

norgan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 03:25:21 AM

Notifications will be sent by SMS text message to your mobile phone. All My Wallet accounts get 5 free SMS messages per day, more can optionally be purchased in the [Account Details] section.

https://blockchain.info/wallet/payment-notifications

bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 03:27:51 AM

Notifications will be sent by SMS text message to your mobile phone. All My Wallet accounts get 5 free SMS messages per day, more can optionally be purchased in the [Account Details] section.

Sweet!  Smiley This clears it then, 5 free sms`es but how much would be charged from 6th sms, that's the question.

blumangroup

Activity: 350

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:03:07 AM

It would probably be advisable to use email notification rather then SMS notification. Generally SMS are displayed on your phone's screen for anyone to see while emails are not.

You probably wouldn't want anyone near your phone that you just received money from someone, would you?

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: