Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:07:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin core client - Altcoin implementation question  (Read 538 times)
Cryptoshi (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:16:19 AM

On the old version of Bitcoin when you downloaded the wallet it was a zip file and you had to extract it and then run it after clicking the extracted bitcoin qt. But the new Bitcoin you are able just download the client and run it without extracting anything. How do I do this? I have a cryptocurrency I'm making but it's currently a zip file once you download it. How do I make it able to be run instantly after being downloaded like the new bitcoin wallet client? Please don't troll me if you think I'm a noob or anything it's just a simple question.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:29:18 AM

On the old version of Bitcoin when you downloaded the wallet it was a zip file and you had to extract it and then run it after clicking the extracted bitcoin qt. But the new Bitcoin you are able just download the client and run it without extracting anything. How do I do this? I have a cryptocurrency I'm making but it's currently a zip file once you download it. How do I make it able to be run instantly after being downloaded like the new bitcoin wallet client? Please don't troll me if you think I'm a noob or anything it's just a simple question.

I think you can download the original code and just make the changes you need to the code. I am fairly new myself so I could be wrong. Some of the veterans could provide a more accurate answer.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: