Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:04:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PEV] PlusEVCoin - crypto-currency of poker | *ON CoinNext EXCHANGE NOW*  (Read 5627 times)
plusevcoin (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:27:54 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2014, 04:35:54 PM by plusevcoin

http://www.plusevcoin.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/pevcoin3.png

PlusEVCoin
the crypto-currency designed with poker players in mind

***  Now tradable on:  ***

Introduction:

Crypto-currencies are the currencies of the future, though in the present day they are mainly used by tech savvy people. In order to be used on a bigger scale they need communities that will bring them to a broader spectrum of people. PlusEVCoin has been created exactly for this reason, to bring the poker community into crypto-currencies. We believe this community is a very strong one filled with smart, independent, energetic individuals who in 2013 alone won over 1.5 billion dollars in live poker tournaments, and you can quadruple that figure if you include on-line tournaments and cash games.

PlusEVCoin is made with the poker economy in mind. The goal for PlusEVCoin is to use it between poker players for settling debts, financing staking deals, paying back for hotels, travel expenses, tournament buy-ins, etc. We would also like for PlusEVCoin to eventually be used outside the poker world too.

PlusEVCoin-QT 1.3.0.0:

The QT app automatically creates PlusEVCoin.conf and has
in-built CPU and GPU miners that require no configuration!
Super easy to get new users interested and have them start mining.

Specification:

Algorithm:Scrypt
Maximum coins:520,000,000
Block reward:50 PEV
Block time:60 seconds
Subsidy halving:Never, reward decreases by 0.00002 every block after ~2 years (see FAQ)
Difficulty adjust:Kimoto Gravity Well with Time Travel Exploit fixed
Premine:None, but at first info was spread by word-of-mouth (see FAQ)
Ports:RPC 5252, Mainnet 5253, Testnet 15253
Nodes:addnode=78.47.152.119
addnode=88.198.191.51
addnode=78.46.72.167

Some faces:

People in crypto community know something is legit by checking and compiling everything by themselves (Trust no one ;). Well, poker players have no time nor skill to do that. One decides to trust something, because of other respectable people who do. Among the poker players who did mine PEVCoin, here are a few well known ones:

Justin Bonomo (Wiki, PokerDB), Marcin Horecki (Team PS, PokerDB), Faraz Jaka (Wiki, PokerDB), Ramzi Jelassi (PokerDB), Jeff Sarwer (Wiki, PokerDB), Matthew Stout (PokerDB), Johannes Strassmann (Wiki, PokerDB), Matt Waxman (PokerDB), Anton Wigg (PokerDB). There are some other recognizable players who got into PEVCoin, but they didn't want to be mentioned here because of their sponsorship deal requirements or for privacy reasons.

Current goals:

[Bounty: 5,000 PEV]                Creating mining pools - For now solo mining is working well, but when the difficulty rises the pools are a must. Bounty is for the first pool, it will go down for further pools
[Bounty: 2,500 PEV]Creating a faucet - There are some players, who own quite a lot PEVCoins and some of them definitely wouldn't mind to share a bit.
[Bounty: 1,250 PEV]Creating a block explorer - Straightforward one.
[Bounty: 36,000 PEV]Starting Just-dice equivalent for PlusEVCoin - This is currency for community of gamblers, who always look for +EV spots and are used to huge variance, so this one is self explanatory :) Any other gambling site would be nice too.
[Bounty: 5,000+ PEV]Hosting PlusEVCoin poker tournaments - We have plans for running both on-line and live poker tournaments with the prize pool in PEVCoins. Aside from the bounty we will be adding extra PEVCoins to the prize pool of any of the early tournaments.

======================================================================================================================================

FAQ:

OMG So much blocks already mined, why wasn't this announced on Bitcointalk at launch ?!?!?!!!111eleven!?!
Bitcointalk.org is not a global government for crypto, where all the altcoins have to be pre-announced. The whole idea of crypto-currencies is that there is no central unit that controls it - no government, no bank, no corporation, not even this forum :)
PEVCoin's goal is to bring crypto to poker players (and vice-versa). To make it, it had to be mineable with normal home computers and not be attacked by multi-pools, so at first the information was spread among poker players (using PMs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).

But it's not fair!
If you want a "fair" coin (and by "fair" you mean that people who are rich and tech savvy enough to have this in their basement should get most of it), then there is a new "fair" coin being released every couple days. This one has a different approach/goal. If you like it - please join in, if not - don't.

So why come to Bitcointalk now?
We, developers of PlusEVCoin, are a small group of poker players with some IT background and we can only go so far by ourselves. There are certain steps that need to be taken (mentioned above in the Goals section) with which we would like to have some help. Also because of the security reasons this is a moment when we would like some more hashing power in the PEVCoin network. So we now invite the crypto community to join in :)

Why no halving time? (Reward decrease explanation)
The halving of the subsidy creates a shock for miners and some other slight problems when it occurs. You can avoid that by gradually decreasing the subsidy. For PEVCoin the plan is that the rewards stays at 50 PEV for about two years (first million blocks) and then decreses by 0.00002 with every block until it reaches reward of 5 PEV after about seven years. Details:
Code:
    /* Expected block reward values according to approximate block time:
     * Genesis block:          50     PEV || Total Volume: 0              PEV
     * A year post-launch:     50     PEV || Total Volume: 26,800,000.00  PEV
     * 694 days post-launch:   49.99  PEV || Total Volume: 50,000,000.00  PEV
     * 2 years post-launch:    48.98  PEV || Total Volume: 52,533,785.60  PEV
     * 3 years post-launch:    38.47  PEV || Total Volume: 75,513,017.60  PEV
     * 4 years post-launch:    27.95  PEV || Total Volume: 92,967,142.40  PEV
     * 5 years post-launch:    17.44  PEV || Total Volume: 104,896,160.00 PEV
     * 6 years post-launch:    6.93   PEV || Total Volume: 111,300,070.40 PEV
     * 2395 days post-launch:  5.00   PEV || Total Volume: 112,475,000.00 PEV
     * Afterwards:             5.00   PEV || Total Volume: 112,475,000.00 + (Height in Blocks - 3.45M)*50 PEV

What does PlusEV mean?
+EV is a shortcut for Positive Expected Value. A decision (in a poker hand, but also in investing, in life or whatever) is consider +EV if in the long run it brings profit / positive effects in general. Sometimes in the short term bad decisions create profit and good decisions create loss - but nevertheless you should always strive to take +EV actions.
This term is heavily used by poker players. We are all about making +EV plays and avoiding -EV plays.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zsnorbi

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:33:22 PM

170K block mined already... i don't even try to sync up
grotoc

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:47:38 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2014, 01:04:02 PM by grotoc

Man, you have really mine a lot a blocks already... We are over 1% of all the coins already...
plusevcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:12:47 PM

Please read the FAQ Wink It was not mined by a single person/group. It was publicized, just not in the crypto community.

BTW I personally would wish there were less blocks mined atm, but this started as a fun / after hour project and things were progressing more slowly than we expected (when we started in February, we expected to be where we are now in April, not in June).
platorin

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:32:21 PM

Well no one heared about that publization before. It looks like a ninja start with a huge premine. Moreover, do you have any reasons to believe, that anyone from poker community will actually use your coin?

For now, to me it is just another:

SCAM ALERT!!!
plusevcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:12:57 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2014, 04:25:47 PM by plusevcoin

Poker players meet at live poker tournaments all around the world. If it gets popular they will just recommend it to one another. But as said, there needs to be value set.

It's hard to get them into Bitcoin, cause there is a common knowledge that "it's to late for it" and "Bitcoin is expensive now" (soundness of those statements aside Tongue). But something new and dedicated for poker players might just make it.

PS:
NOT SCAM!!!
We can go on like that, trying out even bigger fonts and brighter colors, but there is no point I think.. BTW Where do you see any scam in this? It's all clear. Yes, some people already have coins, but this is not called scam, please check the dictionary.

plusevcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:53:54 AM

Added bounties to give a little more incentive for involvement.

Can someone knowledgeable with the crypto exchanges recommend one that we should be convincing to add PlusEVCoin? Obviously one of the biggest, like Cryptsy, would be best, but this is probably not realistic goal. So looking more towards one of the smaller, but solid ones.
HunterS

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:00:22 PM

wow 170k blocks already.lmao.im not even going to bother downloading wallet.good luck devs.if u started it for fun than just take it off this forum and keep playing.dont think anyone will be that keen Roll Eyes

asboxi

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:11:38 PM

maybe you forgot some blovks to premine....

bitcoin XT believer
Bfljosh

Activity: 714

Skol!

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:29:13 PM

Online poker is rigged as fuck.
plusevcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:45:16 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2014, 03:58:12 PM by plusevcoin

Obviously online poker is rigged.
Fortunately not so much as everyday life is Tongue

In the meantime..

PlusEVCoin is now tradable on:

plusevcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:35:02 PM

First Pevcoin trade went down at CoinNext with the price of 0.000,007 BTC (0,004587$) per PEV Smiley

In the next few days Pevcoin will be featured in poker media.

Both price and difficulty are super low at the moment. I suggest you take advantage of it and mine/get some before the media thing happens, as it will surely create some "to the moon" action. Don't regret not getting on the train, you won't be able to say you haven't been informed Tongue
Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:27:32 PM

I think a relaunch might be in order if you really want this to succeed.

The reason people are screaming premine is because of the amount of risk involved.

Not many people are going to want to invest into a coin when there's a fear that an early investor will dump on them at the earliest chance they get. 

Poker players are not conservative with their money.  If they see a +ev opportunity they're going to want to put every dollar they can in it.  Likewise, if they see something that is losing them money, they're going to get out of it.  They're also not as financially stable as you would think.  For these reasons and many more, I don't see them holding.

I will stay tuned as I'm currently working on something similar.  I wish you guys luck.

ac3lco

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:10:54 PM

Congratulations currency, I believe that with advertising, marketing will right forward. Now I need a help. Just download the wallet, I'm trying to mine, but error occurs. "json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds" What should I do?

Thank you.
sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:45:22 PM

I have always wondered with the online gambling regulations in the US, why BTC has never really caught on with poker players.  But when you think about it, poker players wanna measure their gains in fiat, not in coins.  With the volatile BTC prices, it adds an extra layer of abstraction from their fiat.  Using an alt coin to play poker just amplifies the problem further.

IMO, for this to actually work, it need a direct fiat to PEV exchange with large liquidity and stability.  No high rolling poker player wants to have to buy BTC, then take that to some rinky dink alt exchange where they can only buy a few hundred bucks worth of the coins before raising the price 300%, then when they wanna cash out they gotta do this same process in reverse and hope the price of PEV and BTC hasn't crashed and end up destroying their poker gains in the process.

A large investment in the infrastructure of the coin needs to be made right off the bat for it to have a chance of success.  Do you have plans for a fiat/PEV exchange?  Do you have large financial backers who can ensure the coin liquidity and stability? No?  Then I assume this will go nowhere just like the half dozen other poker alts I have seen die in the past year.
plusevcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:02:36 AM

Congratulations currency, I believe that with advertising, marketing will right forward. Now I need a help. Just download the wallet, I'm trying to mine, but error occurs. "json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds" What should I do?
Wait for the wallet to synchronize - that would be my first guess. Did you do that?

Do you have plans for a fiat/PEV exchange?  Do you have large financial backers who can ensure the coin liquidity and stability? No?  Then I assume this will go nowhere just like the half dozen other poker alts I have seen die in the past year.
There are obviously plans for getting onto exchanges that offer buying/selling straight to fiat, but this will still be a bit inconvenient for most poker players to use. The idea is to get enough of poker players interested that there will be live trades going on (when poker players meet for live poker tournaments / poker festivals) - same as was Bitcoin in the begining.
xtsjyfx

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:04:16 AM

There that have really mine a lot a blocks already
Gleason

Activity: 207

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 01:13:01 AM

There are some other recognizable players who got into PEVCoin, but they didn't want to be mentioned here because of their sponsorship deal requirements or for privacy reasons.

LOL

It was not mined by a single person/group. It was publicized, just not in the crypto community.

and LOL. Where exactly to you publicize a Crypto Currency, not in the Crypto community and expect people to mine it?

Find one of a kind BTC, LTC and more Cryptomemorabilia at
http://www.cryptomemorabilia.com/
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:05:32 PM

are there any mining pools i can put some hash on?

Mining from an app/wallet is a no-go in my book.
ShadokhanVador

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:13:16 PM

First Pevcoin trade went down at CoinNext with the price of 0.000,007 BTC (0,004587$) per PEV Smiley

In the next few days Pevcoin will be featured in poker media.

Both price and difficulty are super low at the moment. I suggest you take advantage of it and mine/get some before the media thing happens, as it will surely create some "to the moon" action. Don't regret not getting on the train, you won't be able to say you haven't been informed Tongue

Any update re this?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: