Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 04:22:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Government regulation is not a problem in the end  (Read 700 times)
Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:53:23 PM

Here is why:

When folks start to use bitcoins, they are in a better position to see the bank saving scam, the inflation scam and the bank risk.

So, when governments ask them to give up their bitcoins or reveal every transaction, they will find within themselves the big, forgotten, sacred NO.

When the slaves say no, the masters have no power.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:19:46 PM

Here is why:

When folks start to use bitcoins, they are in a better position to see the bank saving scam, the inflation scam and the bank risk.

So, when governments ask them to give up their bitcoins or reveal every transaction, they will find within themselves the big, forgotten, sacred NO.

That is one great potential use for darkwallet. Once we all learn that we have the right to say no government will be forced to shrink.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4536

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:32:51 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2014, 03:25:45 PM by franky1

Here is why:

agreed seeing paypal do chargebacks, seeing banks refuse wire transfers already does make bitcoin look better and more easy to use once people are inside bitcoin. there are many things that people at first see as a good thing (bank services) but when then the shroud of deceipt is revealed, people soon shift their opinions about alternatives from negative to positive.

i seen the same happen about discussions about immigration to, the sheeple propaganda that we should stop immigration.. then later the reality that it also means that we cannot move out to other countries either. and they realise that government plans shown to us as protecting or helping us, is infact making us victims of the nanny state.

That is one great potential use for darkwallet. Once we all learn that we have the right to say no government will be forced to shrink.

you carry on smoking your weed. ill us proper bitcoins on the proper blockchain. but i do like your subtle plug

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:58:48 PM

Here is why:

agreed seeing paypal do chargebacks, seeing banks refuse wire transfers already does make bitcoin look better and more easy to use once people are inside bitcoin. there are many things that people at first see as a good thing (bank services) but when then the shroud of deceipt is revealed, people soon shift their opinions about alternatives from negative to positive.

i seen the same happen about discussions about immigration to, the sheeple propaganda that we should stop immigration.. then later the reality that it also means that we cannot move out to other countries either. and they realise that government plans shown to us as protecting or helping us, is infact making victims of the nanny state.

you carry on smoking your weed. ill us proper bitcoins on the proper blockchain. but i do like your subtle plug

I don't smoke weed and I am not plugging anything. I think the idea of a completely private wallet might be useful. I think the makers have been rather stupid at times but these kind of experiments push the technology forward. 

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:00:07 PM

I think the USA govt.inc is likely to be the most oppressive in terms of collecting every last little fee they can from BTC transactions, esp as crypto usage becomes more mainstream. As it stands, the USD is tinkering on the edge of losing the world reserve status and I can hardly see them tolerating any of this dark stuff which means that many of the upcoming nouveau riche will probably find other places to live. Of course, it's likely that Wall st. will be really in on this market so maybe the govt will just take their fees and leave folks alone. The way I see the police/surveillance state going here, I'm inclined to believe the former.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:38:38 PM

I think the USA govt.inc is likely to be the most oppressive in terms of collecting every last little fee they can from BTC transactions, esp as crypto usage becomes more mainstream. As it stands, the USD is tinkering on the edge of losing the world reserve status and I can hardly see them tolerating any of this dark stuff which means that many of the upcoming nouveau riche will probably find other places to live. Of course, it's likely that Wall st. will be really in on this market so maybe the govt will just take their fees and leave folks alone. The way I see the police/surveillance state going here, I'm inclined to believe the former.

Yes. When it gets big enough that we need to protect our wealth it might be wise to find greener pastures. I am sadly still pretty far from having enough to get any attention from anyone.

Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:43:13 PM

Great, guys.
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:14:19 AM

A small amount of government regulation is generally good for most industries as it gives it some credibility.

When regulation gets out of hand is when people start to suffer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: