Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:08:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boko Haram and their reign of terror  (Read 4425 times)
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:44:15 PM

why no united nation peace army sent there?
i don't follow this affair, anyone can told me what is the motive from boko haram?

The UN peacekeepers must be sent immediately to Northern Nigeria. The Nigerian president (Goodluck Jonathan) is opposing this move, as he fears that it will publicize his incompetence.

Why?  Is there a request ? NO!.
So if the people don't want it why send there troops?

Funny how now you ask for the world police to intervene after criticizing them in thousands of posts.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:15:41 PM

Funny how now you ask for the world police to intervene after criticizing them in thousands of posts.

That depends on who is the world police. If the United States want to act as the world police, then I'll oppose that, since most of the times, they have other intentions. The UN, on the other hand is a neutral organization, without any economic interests.
KimNam

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:28:30 PM

why no united nation peace army sent there?
i don't follow this affair, anyone can told me what is the motive from boko haram?

The UN peacekeepers must be sent immediately to Northern Nigeria. The Nigerian president (Goodluck Jonathan) is opposing this move, as he fears that it will publicize his incompetence.
it must! nigerian army seem not capable to protect their country
wtf with president who only cares about politics, it's about humanity
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:44:57 PM

it must! nigerian army seem not capable to protect their country
wtf with president who only cares about politics, it's about humanity

The Nigerian army is very capable, but their commanders seems to be lacking the will to crush the Boko Haram. And the president receives almost no support from the Muslim-dominated North and North-East (he is a Christian from the South), and is therefore not much interested in restoring the law and order in that part of Nigeria.
umair127

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:40:34 AM

Over a month ago, about 250 girls were kidnapped from a Nigerian school and taken to a remote area, all in the name of Islam. Their stance is that western education should not be allowed. Since then videos have been released and one showing the killing of a woman.

What are thoughts on Boko Haram?
Did you know that before the 250 girls were kidnapped, about 25 young boys were killed by having their throats slit? That is how dangerous this militant group is. The Nigerian govt has not been as proactive as the world expected them to.
However, Boko Haram is a radical Islamic group and as such, the religion itself cannot be blamed.
By the way, before a country rushes to the aid of another country, they first ask themselves how will it serve them? It is sad but true. Countries don’t just simply help other countries out of the goodness of their hearts. They often have vested interests in that country for example oil, investments etc..

sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:45:55 AM

Over a month ago, about 250 girls were kidnapped from a Nigerian school and taken to a remote area, all in the name of Islam. Their stance is that western education should not be allowed. Since then videos have been released and one showing the killing of a woman.

Did you know that before the 250 girls were kidnapped, about 25 young boys were killed by having their throats slit? That is how dangerous this militant group is. The Nigerian govt has not been as proactive as the world expected them to.
However, Boko Haram is a radical Islamic group and as such, the religion itself cannot be blamed.
By the way, before a country rushes to the aid of another country, they first ask themselves how will it serve them? It is sad but true. Countries don’t just simply help other countries out of the goodness of their hearts. They often have vested interests in that country for example oil, investments etc..
Yes you are right.. None of the countries step up to help without any self interests.. Moreover, when the concerned country is one like Nigeria, plagued by black, people just tend to ignore and move on.. Hypoctite modern people of this world!!

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:17:10 AM

If the Nigerian president can't exercise his control over more than one-thirds of the territory, then why he is remaining in the office? Why can't he be replaced with someone who is a bit more competent?

I think the main problem about those countries are the blatant corruption in their government and the lack of military leadership. How did groups like boko haram get their weapons in the first place if someone in the military is not selling to them?
Their government need to pull a tighter rein on their army and use their military power to purge these extremist militant forces at full force!

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:19:58 AM

Yes you are right.. None of the countries step up to help without any self interests.. Moreover, when the concerned country is one like Nigeria, plagued by black, people just tend to ignore and move on.. Hypoctite modern people of this world!!
Actually, I read an article once about how the Nigerians saying that interference from western powers will only make the situation worst.
The parents of the captured students even begged Americans to stop spreading the hashtag #freeourgirls or pressure the us government into interfering in this delicate situation because it only harms the hostages.
This is because if the terrorist group believes that the Americans are going to invade and attack them, they will get rid of the hostages by killing them or sell them off to destroy evidence and eye witnesses. After that, they can easily go back into society and pretend to be normal Nigerians.
Plus you are also giving terrorists groups like Boko Haram a FREE and very effective platform to spread their message to the whole world which is exactly what they want. This will only encourage other terrorist groups to commit more terrorism to get in the spotlight.
And let's face it. Terrorist groups like Boko Haram doesn't give a shit about the bad things a bunch of Americans are saying about them on Twitter. In fact, the more you hate them, the more they love it. Because they already hate you.
https://news.vice.com/article/bringbacko...boko-haram

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:23:06 AM

Check your facts. Both the United Nations and the African Union has offered help in the past, but those offers were rejected by the Nigerian President (Goodluck Jonathan). He is more concerned about his reputation, rather than the safety of the Northern Nigerians.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:13:01 PM

Boko Haram must be crushed !! It is pathetic to see all this.. I guess all the leading countries - US, China, Russia, UK, France, etc hold the ability to rescue the innocent girls, but they are all quiet.. They are all staying away from Islamic mess.. Someone in their country only has to step up .. Then others are sure to support..

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:18:27 PM

Boko Haram must be crushed !! It is pathetic to see all this.. I guess all the leading countries - US, China, Russia, UK, France, etc hold the ability to rescue the innocent girls, but they are all quiet.. They are all staying away from Islamic mess.. Someone in their country only has to step up .. Then others are sure to support..
'

And at the same time they are committing more and more atrocities.  Angry

Nigeria violence: Boko Haram blamed for new massacre

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27756400
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:25:45 PM

With this theme I come in touch every day , I know a some Muslim people and they are talking to me that young boy's and girls in age 16-25 are brainwashed and taken to Siria or other countries who are in war there . Big problem are social medias who spread their ideas and recruit new soldiers . They are showing them videos and pictures of killed children and much more . And I know that only true thing in Jihad is to die if you die on Jihad u go to heaven ...
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:29:51 PM

I thought that I heard on the news that the girls were rescued already. Did that not happen?

Unfortunately, that is not the case. Some 234 female students are sill under their custody.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Chibok_kidnapping

The extremists have said that they would treat them as slaves as part of the war booty. All of the girls have been forcibly converted to Islam.
C'mon.. Remember how US reacted when oil interests were involved... how it deployed drones .. But when non-citizen rights are the question, America just stays quiet...
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:40:53 PM

C'mon.. Remember how US reacted when oil interests were involved... how it deployed drones .. But when non-citizen rights are the question, America just stays quiet...

May be. Most of the oil wells in Nigeria are located offshore and in the Niger Delta. The Boko Haram is not active in these regions. So the US does not have any incentive to intervene in the fight against Boko Haram.
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:49:40 PM

What do you think is the aim of those higher ups in the terrorist cells tearing kids apart from their families, making them fight in terrorist groups and misleading them by twisting the words of the Holy Quran?
Do they also seriously believe in their own grand delusions or are they just using the kids for their own advantages? Because for the life of me I can't figure out any advantages they might gain from organizing those terrorist groups. It's not like they're making a lot of money or are getting high positions and power in the government.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:03:14 PM

With this theme I come in touch every day , I know a some Muslim people and they are talking to me that young boy's and girls in age 16-25 are brainwashed and taken to Siria or other countries who are in war there . Big problem are social medias who spread their ideas and recruit new soldiers . They are showing them videos and pictures of killed children and much more . And I know that only true thing in Jihad is to die if you die on Jihad u go to heaven ...
I know a lot about Islam and the thing they are doing with this beautiful religion is wrong . They take only facts from holly Kur'an that they like and that can use to recruit more people its true by Islam religion if you die while fighting for Islam you go to heaven . But if you atack and terror someone and cover that with Islam than only thing you can go to is hell .

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:12:52 PM

I came across this article today:
"Nigeria's defense chief Alex Badeh says the military knows where the girls are but cannot use force to free them

The Nigerian military has located the schoolgirls who were abducted by Islamist extremists but cannot free them by force, the country’s defense chief said Monday.

Air Marshal Alex Badeh told demonstrators that the government intends to rescue the girls but needs to proceed carefully. “We can’t go and kill our girls in the name of trying to get them back,” he said, cautioning against the repercussions of acting too aggressively, too soon.

Badeh would not disclose the exact location where they believe the girls are being held."

"President Goodluck Jonathan was forced to accept international help in the search this month after several weeks of making no publicized effort to find the children. He even lied to families and the international community by saying most of the girls had been returned."

http://time.com/116772/kidnapped-nigerian-girl-located/

So this is good news? Or can their words still be trusted? Because as we all know, they just recently lied to the International community that 'most of the girls has been returned to their families' to avoid international criticism over their inaction and their lies were found out!

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:37:29 PM

We should contact Black water..

BITCOINERS SAVE THE GIRLS..

Wanna talk about good news for bitcoin..
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 01:58:14 PM

We should contact Black water..

BITCOINERS SAVE THE GIRLS..

Wanna talk about good news for bitcoin..

That's actually a tempting idea.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:01:45 PM

So this is good news? Or can their words still be trusted? Because as we all know, they just recently lied to the International community that 'most of the girls has been returned to their families' to avoid international criticism over their inaction and their lies were found out!

I don't trust the Nigerian authorities any more. Unconfirmed reports suggests that most of the girls have been taken to the neighboring nation of Cameroon, after their formal conversion to Islam. Only the International troops can free them.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: