Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:48:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boko Haram and their reign of terror  (Read 4425 times)
sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:46:16 PM

So this is good news? Or can their words still be trusted? Because as we all know, they just recently lied to the International community that 'most of the girls has been returned to their families' to avoid international criticism over their inaction and their lies were found out!

I don't trust the Nigerian authorities any more. Unconfirmed reports suggests that most of the girls have been taken to the neighboring nation of Cameroon, after their formal conversion to Islam. Only the International troops can free them.
I am eagerly waiting to hear a piece of good news from the country of Nigeria.. The country was early known to be the most peaceful countries in the world, a place where people where used to regard each other as their own brother, and now blood is being split at every step..

I guess it is the Government of Nigeria which should take complete responsibility of the situation!!

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:51:48 PM

I am eagerly waiting to hear a piece of good news from the country of Nigeria..

Waiting for good news from Nigeria? I have some for you.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2014/06/nigeria-gunmen-burn-church-kill-villagers-20146111606283773.html

http://www.latimes.com/world/africa/la-fg-nigeria-women-abductions-20140609-story.html
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:52:31 PM

Just read in the news..
Nigeria has accepted help from US, China, France and Britain.. Around 80 US troops have reached the country and started the mission to rescue the girls..

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:54:43 PM

So this is good news? Or can their words still be trusted? Because as we all know, they just recently lied to the International community that 'most of the girls has been returned to their families' to avoid international criticism over their inaction and their lies were found out!

I don't trust the Nigerian authorities any more. Unconfirmed reports suggests that most of the girls have been taken to the neighboring nation of Cameroon, after their formal conversion to Islam. Only the International troops can free them.
I am eagerly waiting to hear a piece of good news from the country of Nigeria.. The country was early known to be the most peaceful countries in the world, a place where people where used to regard each other as their own brother, and now blood is being split at every step..

I guess it is the Government of Nigeria which should take complete responsibility of the situation!!
They are promising them better life , lots of money , and they wash their brains so they think they are heroes who are saving that country Syria or any other country ... The main problem is that they really have strong conviction methods and internet and mass spread just helped them to spread even more . None knows for sure what are they promising to that new soldiers .. but I say only educated person is not going to fall on their fantasy's .

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:08:04 PM

Just read in the news..
Nigeria has accepted help from US, China, France and Britain.. Around 80 US troops have reached the country and started the mission to rescue the girls..
It is a horrible idea to broadcast the fact that they have received aid from other countries to the whole world. These operations should have been conducted in secrecy. Think about it...if you can read the news, the rebels can too. This puts the terrorists under extra pressure and the hostages under much more danger.

sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:11:11 PM

They are promising them better life , lots of money , and they wash their brains so they think they are heroes who are saving that country Syria or any other country ... The main problem is that they really have strong conviction methods and internet and mass spread just helped them to spread even more . None knows for sure what are they promising to that new soldiers .. but I say only educated person is not going to fall on their fantasy's .
I agree with what you said about the terrorist groups advertising their cause based on the value of valor and the lure of being a called a hero by their countrymen.

But do you know that highly educated people are much more likely to become terrorists rather than lower educated people?? This is because what the terrorists are fighting for are their ideals. Often, those ideals are highly developed and requires a complex minded individual to understand and agree with those ideals, moreover, highly educated people can easily see 'what is wrong' with the world and have a desire to change the world based on their ideology.

That is why many terrorists tend to be college or university aged young adults who are highly intelligent. Think about it, the terrorists during 9/11 even knew how to fly a plane! This takes years of intense training.

It is not stupidity that causes terrorism. But rather a fundamental trait of terrorism is intelligence. Just that their intelligence is guided in the wrong direction and clouded by grand delusions.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:26:00 PM

Indeed! I remember reading this article once about how extremists tend to be engineers. (20%) lol

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/bruce-h...rists-4080

But what I think zolace was talking about is that it is unlikely that extremists in countries like Nigeria can be highly educated...especially the foot soldiers. I believe they are mainly kids who have been brainwashed by the terrorist cell leaders..

umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:28:56 PM

I agree with what you said about the terrorist groups advertising their cause based on the value of valor and the lure of being a called a hero by their countrymen.

But do you know that highly educated people are much more likely to become terrorists rather than lower educated people?? This is because what the terrorists are fighting for are their ideals. Often, those ideals are highly developed and requires a complex minded individual to understand and agree with those ideals, moreover, highly educated people can easily see 'what is wrong' with the world and have a desire to change the world based on their ideology.

That is why many terrorists tend to be college or university aged young adults who are highly intelligent. Think about it, the terrorists during 9/11 even knew how to fly a plane! This takes years of intense training.

It is not stupidity that causes terrorism. But rather a fundamental trait of terrorism is intelligence. Just that their intelligence is guided in the wrong direction and clouded by grand delusions.
You have a point... It is actually educated people who have mastered in some field or other who turn terrorists..
And I feel that they do such things when they fail to get an identity for themselves... Another possible reason is when their self esteem gets hurt..

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:33:47 PM

You know i saw in news that Boko Haram terrorists, on 27, May 2014, killed 35 persons comprising 14 soldiers, 11 policemen and 10 civilians in separate attacks in Buni Yadi, Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe State and Chinene village in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State.
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:42:16 PM

Well, Boko Haram is on the news again today. This time they just WALKED into a village and took away 20 young mothers by herding them into vehicles and driving away. What the heck?!?! What is the police & military doing? It is their job to protect the people. You would think after the school girl kidnappings, they'd have beefed up security by now but this latest crisis is just plain pathetic on their part.

It seems like the local law enforcements are utterly powerless against Boko Haram.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27774239

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:47:06 PM

Just read in the news..

ooooh 80 troops...........................
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:48:13 PM

Well, Boko Haram is on the news again today. This time they just WALKED into a village and took away 20 young mothers by herding them into vehicles and driving away. What the heck?!?! What is the police & military doing? It is their job to protect the people. You would think after the school girl kidnappings, they'd have beefed up security by now but this latest crisis is just plain pathetic on their part.

It seems like the local law enforcements are utterly powerless against Boko Haram.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27774239

Perhaps it is actually the peoples responsibilty to protect themselves we have just Fucked it up so bad with our policing idea..  Gonna be really hard to kidnap someone with a gun.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 05:23:14 PM

Perhaps it is actually the peoples responsibilty to protect themselves we have just Fucked it up so bad with our policing idea..  Gonna be really hard to kidnap someone with a gun.

No don't do that! The gun owner might hurt themselves! You should call the police inste- oh wait....
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:33:24 PM

Just read in the news..

Temporary solution instead of a permanent one. Or we can say that they are treating the symptoms instead of the disease.

Those troops are only there to rescue the schoolgirls. What we need is an international contingent, to wipe out the Boko Haram.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:05:45 PM

Just read in the news..

ooooh 80 troops...........................

Those are us only ground troops.Wait till they send in the drones Smiley.

I remember one stupid claim by the idiots in Mali:

A commander of the Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa, one of the extremist groups controlling northern Mali, taunted the French.

He said that his fighters control Diabaly, as well as Konna, the first town bombed by the French last week. He told AP news agency: "I would advise France not to sing their victory song too quickly. They managed to leave Afghanistan. They will never leave Mali."

In 10 days of operation Serval they were running like chickens , without their heads.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:55:24 PM

Boko haram is not stopping, he is making one followed by another crime.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/boko-haram-suspected-as-20-women-abducted-in-nigerias-northeast/article19075036/
joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:47:49 PM

As you said it, all in the name of Islam, and as a Muslim, I'm against this.

Because our region, is totally against this, they are the odd of us, and not be considered Muslims.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:36:16 AM

There can be one unintended consequence of foreign military intervention in Nigeria. Right now, the Boko Haram is composed only of local fighters, armed with light weapons. If the Americans or the French send their troops to Nigeria, then it will give an excuse for the foreign mercenaries (Arabs, Afghans, Uzbeks, Chechens, Pakis.etc) to travel to Nigeria.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:02:40 AM

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27862510

At least 48 people have died after suspected Islamist militants attacked hotels and a police station in a Kenyan coastal town, officials say.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:12:46 AM

^^^ probably the work of Al Shabab (the Somali Islamist Group). The region around Lamu is inhabited by ethnic Somalis as well. Boko Haram is not active outside Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon and Chad.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: