Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:00:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Height of Greed- Deny Satoshi's Bitcoin  (Read 4468 times)
BTCIndia (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:49:37 PM

If coins held by Satoshi is destroyed/denied my democracy called Bitcoin. I'm sure, everybody gains. And every rational human being tries to maximize profits. So why aren't they denying his fortune which in fact is no use( Of if it is used in future, it would only cause instability to Bitcoin economy)
Why not people are working on it?
Is Bitcoin truly democratic? Tongue

Genius like him are never into money. What good is money for him?. Wink

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:51:43 PM

If coins held by Satoshi is destroyed/denied my democracy called Bitcoin. I'm sure, everybody gains. And every rational human being tries to maximize profits. So why aren't they denying his fortune which in fact is no use( Of if it is used in future, it would only cause instability to Bitcoin economy)

Because it belongs to him. If we start working to deny people their coins we destroy the currency.

jjc326

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:52:08 PM

I think most Bitcoiners are scared to do anything like this.  If you take away Satoshis BTC, then who's to say Bitcoiners won't band together and take away yours in the future because "you don't need it" or something like that.  

It would destroy the legitimacy of BTC.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 02:54:42 PM

Genius like him are never into money. What good is money for him?.
You're right about geniuses not being into money, but you don't need to destroy Satoshi's coins. It should be clear by now that Satoshi never intended to spend any of it. Bitcoin is her/his/their gift to the world.

Think about that. Really let it sink in.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
nkocevar

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:56:51 PM

Its scary how much power we have over this currency. We have the power to deny acceptance of a certain persons money xD

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:56:59 PM

Because it belongs to him. If we start working to deny people their coins we destroy the currency.

Every great person has to crusade! I'm not telling you to destroy one, two, hundred, thousand, ten thousand.. but millions of coins.
What good are coins to him? Considering, he is genius..he wants our following, not money.

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:00:00 PM

You're right about geniuses not being into money, but you don't need to destroy Satoshi's coins. It should be clear by now that Satoshi never intended to spend any of it. Bitcoin is her/his/their gift to the world.

When you're(community) is so fuckinggggg sure that, he won't use in future then why not discard it? You're right, he doesn't intent to spend it now.. what about in near future?

Even if community, miners and everybody else wants.. they won't be able to deny his coins. Because, Bitcoin is politics. Wink

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:01:12 PM

Its scary how much power we have over this currency. We have the power to deny acceptance of a certain persons money xD

It would take a massive amount of work convincing the network to allow something like that. The chance of it ever happening is incredibly low.

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:02:27 PM

Every great person has to crusade! I'm not telling you to destroy one, two, hundred, thousand, ten thousand.. but millions of coins.
What good are coins to him? Considering, he is genius..he wants our following, not money.

I think you are a genius and don't need your bit coin. I will follow you for life if you send all of your coin to the address in my signature for disposal. 

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:05:30 PM

Of course, Bitcoin is gift to him. You're saying, Satoshi never intended to spend any of it. Tell me, among 100% of Bitcoin held by you.. how much have you spend? I'm sure it won't be more than 10%... Plus, Bitcoin is child of him. And what potential one's child holds, nobody understands better than daddy.
Another Scenario: What it tomorrow, you discover that, I'm Satoshi. Won't that scare you?
Let faceless.. be faceless. And only coin is last hurdle.

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:07:21 PM

I think you are a genius and don't need your bit coin. I will follow you for life if you send all of your coin to the address in my signature for disposal. 

I never bought a Bitcoin, nor I intend to. Wink

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:08:06 PM

No.  Bitcoin is decentralized.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:10:30 PM

It doesn't belong to you.  Taking something which doesn't belong to you is theft.  It really is that simple.
whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:10:45 PM

If Satoshi did not intend to spend his fortune, he would have destroyed it.

Otherwise, it's reasonable to assume that he intends to spend it in the future...

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:11:13 PM

No.  Bitcoin is decentralized.

I'm not talking about way it operates. LOL! Sorry! Maybe its in my head, that I'm unable to communicate. Forgive me!

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:12:32 PM

If Satoshi did not intend to spend his fortune, he would have destroyed it.

Otherwise, it's reasonable to assume that he intends to spend it in the future...

BINGO!

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:14:59 PM

You want ME to support taking the wealth from the man/women/group that created Bitcoin giving us the ability to free ourselves from the banksters.

........No sir.. it is democracy you just have to accept not many people agree with you.  This is how democracy works.. it's not what ever BTCIndia wants they get..
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:15:50 PM

The second we start refusing certian coins, BTC is dead.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:17:04 PM

It doesn't belong to you.  Taking something which doesn't belong to you is theft.  It really is that simple.

Exactly. It is funny how we can do mental gymnastics to make this kind of thing okay.

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:18:05 PM

Morals are quite appreciated!
Is it your value of Bitcoin growing on its own? Zerosum game my friend! Zerosum! Stylish Thef- I like to call with my limited experience and knowledge.  

And who is stealing his coin? We're just denying, or destroying things that we believe won't be used in future. Fair enough? Don't you discard things that, you believe won't be used in future? Why not keep lead battery forever?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: