Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:22:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does RealSolid manipulate the vote that could make him step down?  (Read 2479 times)
Nachtwind (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 06:21:46 PM

I totally have no proof except that he should be able to do this.. but the numbers look obvious: 52 aprove of him, 7 are against him (as of 2/15/2012 19:16CET). If this was a real Vote over there (http://solidcointalk.org/topic/186-do-you-want-realsolid-to-be-lead-developer/) we would see reversed figures.
So does he change the numbers manually or does he put pressure on those against him?

He has a history of being a dishonest person and therefore it is easy to see he is manipulating this whole vote just to give him the needed "support" to continue with his project. I have looked into my own database and seen that IPBoard has a simple database structure and it took me only a few seconds to forge votes - so if I can do it, who says he cannot? I would like him to proove that he didnt manipulate that poll but i guess he wont do which of course is evidently his way of saying: "Yes, I did it."

</sarcasm>
Couldnt resist writing a forum post that sounds as if it was made by him.. but somehow thats great - with an "?" you can accuse people of everything without the need of evidence.. love it :0)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nanonano

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 07:03:30 PM

I totally have no proof except that he should be able to do this.. but the numbers look obvious: 52 aprove of him, 7 are against him (as of 2/15/2012 19:16CET). If this was a real Vote over there (http://solidcointalk.org/topic/186-do-you-want-realsolid-to-be-lead-developer/) we would see reversed figures.
It's selection bias, look it up. Those who don't approve of the current leaders, have never registered on the forum or left to do something more useful with their life.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 07:07:11 PM

It's selection bias, look it up. Those who don't approve of the current leaders, have never registered on the forum or left to do something more useful with their life.

Or were banned before the vote took place and never bothered to register another account.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 08:55:49 PM

CoinHunter bans people that disagree with him. He also edits other people's posts so that it looks like those people agree with him too. Of course the vote is stacked. Put the same poll up here and you'll see a very different result.

Buy & Hold
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 09:10:23 PM

He manipulates the fundamental "value" of his project. What makes you think votes would be any more sacred ?
CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 11:54:13 PM

That vote was when SC1 was still running. It's not really applicable anymore since it passed about 90% in my favour at the time. I think many people here don't realize how much support I actually have because they just stay with the "bitcoin folk" who hate SolidCoin. Join the IRC channel or keep an eye on our forum if you want a real indication of support.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
CoinHunter

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 12:02:35 AM

I tried joining your IRC Channel but being the coward you are you banned me instantly.

Lemme guess, you next BS statement will be for me to come on over LOL.... or maybe that you don't ban people that disagree with you (sp0tter comes to mind) or even kickout your own people when the finally question your delusions of granduer (FlipPro) comes to mind....

Seriously, do you really believe your own crap?

~BCX~

Unless you were using a pseudonym that isn't true. When you came with the "bitcoinexpress" nick, if that was you, you weren't banned. I also thought you had a bot in the channel recording everything? I donno what is true with you but people get banned time to time from IRC and the forum when they are being continually offensive. People also usually get unbanned when they have calmed down.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 12:30:49 AM

You are so full of shit, really you are.

You banned me, you know you did and so quite a few others.

drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 03:39:27 AM

That vote was when SC1 was still running. It's not really applicable anymore since it passed about 90% in my favour at the time. I think many people here don't realize how much support I actually have because they just stay with the "bitcoin folk" who hate SolidCoin. Join the IRC channel or keep an eye on our forum if you want a real indication of support.

Based on the Solidcoin Trolls that come from the SC forums/IRC to btc-e's chatroom, i would rather not interact with that many SC users... they aren't too bright

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 02:30:39 PM

Speaking of votes,I saw a lot of yes votes and hardly any no votes,then when I looked under real Solids signature,it said Lead developer of solidcoin or something to that effect.I think the poll was for a while ago.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 02:34:28 PM

Voting to remove Coinhunter is baseless anyway. There is no way to force him from power as he has sole control authority and can do as he please, as he has demonstrated.

I think popular sentiment has more of an impact than votes to be honest.If someone close to a lead developer gets fed up,he can presumably take control of things if people get fed up of the lead developer (in general terms). If enough people get fed up who are developers or close to the founder ,then the founder will have to take notice or may leave out of sheer embarassment (because he knows his days are numbered anyway for example)

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 11:20:32 PM

Wait I thought RealSolid is claiming CoinHunter isn't his account.  Strange seems like he is/was in this post.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 11:48:25 PM

Wait I thought RealSolid is claiming CoinHunter isn't his account.  Strange seems like he is/was in this post.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
michaelmclees

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 12:14:21 AM

It isn't his account.  He just logs in and borrows it sometimes.   Grin
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 12:55:03 AM

Coinhunter I still don't get why the 12 million coins are needed to protect the network.

Can you please explain it to me in explicable detail?

I think you owe me at-least that much.

P.S This is a serious question RS. Don't dodge it like you always do.

Lets do this 1-1 WHY ARE THE 12 MILLION COINS NEEDED TO PROTECT THE NETWORK?
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 03:37:28 AM

Did someone noticed that Solidcoins are more Scamcoins than every other of scamcoins out there?

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 04:42:45 AM

Coinhunter I still don't get why the 12 million coins are needed to protect the network.

LOL, FlipPro. You already know that there's no reason he needs 12 million coins to protect the network. Since it's just hardcoded into the system, he could have easily hardcoded 10 private keys into the software that can act as the trusted nodes without needing 1.2 million coins each. It will just be a special case for those 10 special trusted nodes until a real account has 1 million sc in it. So you won't get a straightforward answer from RealSolid/CoinHunter (although these 2 personalities seems to have split recently!), because it means one of three things:

1) He's incompetent and can't figure out that he can special case those 10 trusted nodes for the time being.

2) He's stupid and chooses to do the implementation this way and not realize that 12 million pre-mined coins will turn off a lot of users.

3) He's a scammer and plan to steal 12 millions coins when the time is right.

So yeah, good luck getting RS/CH to respond to your very valid question.

Ahimoth

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 06:28:00 AM

The point was to keep the code as simple as possible. Aside from a check to prevent the trust wallets form being spent, any of those original 10 trust account when used by a trust node, behave exactly like a natural (user created) trust node would. This means balance decaying naturally, ceasing to function when the balance drops below 1 million coins, etc.
CoinHunter

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 06:53:16 AM

Yes if they were hardcoded like Coblee "the GPU scrypt failure" would put in, it would mean these trust accounts would either have to forever exist or need constant updates to keep them going. By letting them naturally decay and being unable to be spent in a normal fashion it means there is less complication in the code and a more natural mechanism to have them disappear in time.

There is nothing stopping SolidCoin developers if they wanted to insert 70 billion coins into it and forcing it onto the users, just like Bitcoin developers could do. You can argue semantics like "oh it's harder in Bitcoin because of X,Y,Z" and others will argue it's harder in SolidCoin becouse of "A,B,C" but as developers you have more power than non developers, that's just how things are. Don't abuse the trust, if you don't have trust in the developers of the currency there is no point in investing in it. Inserting new currency into the chain or abusing that 12 million is against SolidCoin principles, now you can either choose to believe they have principles and stop the whining, or you can choose to believe they have put thousands of hours into this project to eventually scam you. Your call.

What we can trust is RealSolid is a good coder, has developed custom solutions to problems and that these solutions have actively been protecting the SolidCoin network for months whilst many attack attempts have been made. Conversely compared to Litecoin which has gotten spammed to half Bitcoins size under Coblee's control and was secretly GPU mined by others..... SolidCoin looks mighty solid.

CoinHunter

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 07:00:26 AM

1) Any account on the network that has over 1 million in it, it can sign "trust blocks"
2) 10 trust accounts were created so that there were was more than only a few, 10 seemed like a good number
3) Each trust account started with 1.2 million SC in it. 200K over the 1 million requirement needed to sign blocks
4) By using "coins" instead of alternate methods (licensed mining, hardcoded keys, etc) for these trust accounts it simplified block processing code and also allowed anyone else to become a trust node instead of some hard coded number. This increases decentralization and gives us security if governments or large corps ever try to attack.
5) Obviously creating 12 million coins out of nowhere is bad if they can be spent, so code was added so they couldn't be spent, they can only be used to sign trust blocks
6) By signing a trust block the trust accounts lose money, this way eventually they will have to die and can't be used forever. ie It's a time limit that can be somewhat controlled without needing a network update

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: