Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:17:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Testimony - New Hampshire State House  (Read 2740 times)
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 12:03:39 AM

evoorhees, thanks for being part of the bitcoin community.  We need more guys like yourself.  Great work!
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 12:16:21 AM

This is a sad turn of events for a lot of entrepreneurs in various US States.

Is there a list compiled of what states *are* good to operate a Bitcoin business out of?

I imagine that the rules are going to vary by state and by instrument (cash, cheques, money orders, etc).

-p

Its not a sad turn of events in the sense that these ridiculous laws have been in place for years before Bitcoin.  Erik is just trying to get one state to overturn its local version much like the gold and silver currency revolt in states like Utah

Correct - the money transmitter laws are not a new development. This type of REPEAL of these laws, in one state, IS a new development, and it's very good Smiley

As a funny anecdote, the issue of terrorist financing came up during the discussion. Fortunately, the Reps basically laughed about it, and didn't take it seriously - calling it a red herring. This was a pleasant surprise.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 12:31:40 AM

This is a sad turn of events for a lot of entrepreneurs in various US States.

Is there a list compiled of what states *are* good to operate a Bitcoin business out of?

I imagine that the rules are going to vary by state and by instrument (cash, cheques, money orders, etc).

-p

Its not a sad turn of events in the sense that these ridiculous laws have been in place for years before Bitcoin.  Erik is just trying to get one state to overturn its local version much like the gold and silver currency revolt in states like Utah

Correct - the money transmitter laws are not a new development. This type of REPEAL of these laws, in one state, IS a new development, and it's very good Smiley

As a funny anecdote, the issue of terrorist financing came up during the discussion. Fortunately, the Reps basically laughed about it, and didn't take it seriously - calling it a red herring. This was a pleasant surprise.

Erik, this really does represent an above and beyond the call of duty for the community. Thank you.
EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 08:51:39 AM

Fantastic speech Erik. Really, congratulations!

And please, keep us all up to date with the status of such bill.
Actually, what are your feelings about it? Do you think it has a good chance of passing, or is it just something done by some member of the FSP to provoke some useful discussion?
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 08:57:05 AM

awesome job Erik!

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 07:45:50 PM

Free bump.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 08:14:06 PM

Ya but...what happened with the bill?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 02:37:05 AM

Ya but...what happened with the bill?

Repealed I think!! http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XXXVI/399/399.htm...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: