Bitcoin Forum
December 07, 2016, 02:45:38 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Request] Option to bind bitcoind's JSON-RPC server to a specific IP  (Read 1471 times)
aceat64

Activity: 127

View Profile
July 30, 2010, 04:33:30 PM

Now that the JSON-RPC server is secured by a username and password (although not encrypted), I would really like the option of being able to bind bitcoind to another IP and/or port. For example, I have a handful of nodes that all have a public interface and a local interface. I would like to be able to bind bitcoind to an IP on my internal interface so that I can monitor and manage the node from one server.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
jgarzik
Legendary
qt

Activity: 1470

View Profile
July 30, 2010, 04:57:56 PM

Now that the JSON-RPC server is secured by a username and password (although not encrypted), I would really like the option of being able to bind bitcoind to another IP and/or port. For example, I have a handful of nodes that all have a public interface and a local interface. I would like to be able to bind bitcoind to an IP on my internal interface so that I can monitor and manage the node from one server.

Really, it should bind to *, and then filter out requests from addresses other than those on a filter-list.

Jeff Garzik, bitcoin core dev team and BitPay engineer; opinions are my own, not my employer.
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
nimnul

Activity: 255

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2010, 02:25:33 PM

Binding to specific interfaces and ports is still a good idea as default JSON-RPC port can be already taken by someone else.

+1

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.