Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:41:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal Buyer Protection  (Read 1671 times)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 07:16:25 AM

i know a reputable source that can sell u 0.1 btc for only $75.  i've dealt with them persoanlly many times

That's quite a premium, even for a fractional amount.

In any case it is probably worth PMing the user regarding such an offer. After being scammed already - albeit for a relatively small amount, I can't imagine that they are up for paying top dollar.

Thats probably the next scam. "Bitcoin Magazin" got negative trust from a mod for not finding the alt coin section. Id argue that someone overchallenged with such a simple task can not judge whether a trade is reputable or not.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pierre11

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:59:07 PM

I don't underwtand why Paypah had this success same he don't offer guarantee to the seller.
morphtrust

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 12:32:43 AM

this is kinda why I was thinking a centralized store house behind a 100% premined and then sold for something to be stored (or raw materials that need refined at a bit of an increase in goods to make up for the need to refine the goods) would be a really good move. I know of a number of easy to set up systems that would work, like say a coin that is backed by 1/5th of a pound of refined (read 99.999% pure) copper, want a coin, send in either a pound of scrap copper in any form (even PCB copper can be counted) wait for refinement and then you get a quantity of coin in your wallet based on the amount of copper refined minus their costs of refining it. additionally, want to cash out to something that you can hold onto yourself? no problem, cover shipping expenses either via tx fees for transactions, or the buyer pays in shipping costs and has the ultra pure copper rounds sent to their home, and make sure as I said the rounds are always the same purity, and the same weight, no changing weights on shit things, just because the fiat value on the copper changed the way liberty dollar originally did, in fact there is a ton of "what not to do" info on that original scam, that I am surprised anyone picked up and was willing to use the name afterwards, to me it would be like choosing to use the name "nazi campgrounds" considering the evil that went behind the nazi concentration camps in WWII. If they liked the idea of liberty and used it because of that, then I would say go with libertarian coin or something lol.

anyway, that is my thought on what to do to get away from paypal. cause the blockchain makes it possible to see what is going on, we could have a charge back system and all if the thing was set up that way to begin with, and still by making it an open wallet that does the hashing to update and prove the blockchain, it would be democratically ran and give maybe a way to allow people to vote and make suggestions that all people can see and second and what not to get them implemented when it comes to policy changes and such. anything that would need to be figured out and work put in like coding though would have to be a "suggest it, get it voted on, then what people have voted on is to allow some money to be put toward getting it coded to the new set up or rely on someone to out of the goodness of their heart do the coding and offer it up for the public, along with maybe a donation address for their good work Smiley )

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
beatljuice

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:37:41 AM

Why all this hate for PayPal. I don't like them, but I have used them nearly every day since the last century and have never had a real problem, just an occasional hiccup. (I'm an eBay and Amazon seller for my monetary gain.)

On the other hand I have had real problems with other banking entities. Wells Fargo, Chase, Bank of America, all crap. I now bank with a local credit union, and while the features are a little lacking - like a less intuitive Web site - I always get great personal service.

Yes I'm working on moving some of my sales to Bitcoin via bitcoin friendly online sale sites. The few sales I've done have been great.
alfbugbug

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:57:50 PM

Thanks for the update.
Can you really blame them though?
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:24:25 PM

They lore people to open unverified accounts, then on fake pretexts freeze the account and start blackmailing the owner to give personal information or endure having their funds frozen for 3 months.

After that time, you still can't withdraw unless you are willing to give them your bank account information.

Delenda est Paypal.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: