Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:22:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions for a business accepting BTC  (Read 354 times)
snarlpill (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 11:44:03 PM

Hey guys-

Not sure if this the right subforum, but I don't really see how it could be the wrong one. A close friend of mine has a growing business and I have talked him into letting me help his website out and update/add some things. One of the things that I'm going to implement is the option of paying with Bitcoin. Before going further, we are not looking for a third party service like Bitpay, etc. to handle our transactions.
Currently the only option of buying his products is PayPal. When you click "add item to cart" it immediately takes you to his personal PayPal account. (I could probably change this.) I have heard of problems with PayPal and sites that also use BTC, can anyone confirm this and go into details?

This is what my tentative plan was:
Since I had heard of some BS between PayPal and Bitcoin, I was just going to have a receiving address for us listed, as well as a email address they can reach us at to confirm their purchase. For now I was planning on telling them a unique "Satoshi signature" in the response email that they would put at the end of their amount sent. I.e.- "235" so for a 0.05 purchase it would be 0.05000235 BTC sent. Quickly thinking about it I imagined not too many people paying with Bitcoin starting out so I will have more time to develop later on.   -AND-
I was going to have all of this info. in a picture instead of text, that way it couldn't be indexed and picked up upon as easily by PP or other sources. I know it would be slightly more of a pain for the end user paying with BTC as they couldn't just copy and paste our address. Also there would be a note and a check in the email to confirm they typed out our address exactly right. A link to my site's "What is Bitcoin?" page would also be included.
What do you guys think of that? Any ideas, comments, or concerns? I know many of you are Highly Knowledgeable about the Bitcoin network and web development, and I feel more comfortable asking and trusting you guys.

I was also considering the payment option of me emailing them a unique date and time that they would send in a signed message to verify their address. Do you guys think this would be a much better idea? I personally like the Satoshi signature idea. Not really sure why.

Thanks in advance to any and all help, comments, and discussion. My fiance and I are taking our daughter to the park now for an hour or so, and I will check back then.

Thanks,
snarlpill

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: