Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:04:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What are you doing right now?
Waiting for bottom - 21 (37.5%)
Buying Furiously (or waiting for fiat to transfer in) - 16 (28.6%)
Masturbating Furiously (or waiting for video to load) - 6 (10.7%)
Drunk on Satoshi's - 7 (12.5%)
Just here for the schadenfreude - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Future Poll (current price $.99 USD)  (Read 1324 times)
bb113 (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 08:33:59 AM

Bitcoin is useless if noone cares about it. No one needs it to survive. If the 10k-500k people that do care stop caring, it will be worthless. So where do you see yourself?
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 08:38:24 AM

still waiting for my 0.72 cents before i do a huge buy...
i know it's  passed the date i predicted, but as you can see in the past days, we're getting there, fast. Smiley

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 08:54:23 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2012, 09:16:22 AM by Kluge

Now I've received my $1 USD from Starfister per his Bitcoinica New Users giveaway, I converted it to BTC and transferred it to my wallet. At the same time, I'm hedging against my winnings depreciating by sending 15BTC over to Starfister to convert to USD, then use for a leveraged short against Bitcoin. It's my way of pretending I'm protected. I figure if we all do this (and judging by how vocal bearish forum members' sentiment is, this seems possible), it'll eventually be near-free to purchase most Bitcoins on market, at which point I can buy them all up and feel cool because I "own" Bitcoin. Cool
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 09:03:41 AM

I'm "long-term bullish", as the saying goes. I think Bitcoin has material benefits over the currencies in use today, and there are people morally or emotionally invested in the project's success; as long as such people exist, and as long as there are demand for such material benefits, and as long as there's not a superior competitor, Bitcoin's gonna continue to exist, and continue to have a market value. So I've based my trading formula on the notion that while the currency may be volatile, it'll never depreciate to zero; as long as my buy-in someday returns to its amortized original value, every fluctuation will have been to my profit.

So where will I be? Riding the wave, as it were, or at least letting my scripts ride it for me. They'll have bought for me on the way down, and they'll sell for me on the way up. And meanwhile I can do whatever it is I'm doing with the other 90% of my life at that point.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 12:02:27 PM

I picked Masturbating Furiously (or waiting for video to load), cos its best/funniest poll choice i have seen in some time.  Grin
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 01:33:07 PM

None of those. I'm just day-trading, balancing my position back into holding some more BTC.

Is doing everything furiously supposed to be contagious? Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: