Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:13:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Use A Crypto Currency, End A War  (Read 2071 times)
cryptocurrencylive (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Live News

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 07:26:19 AM

Use A Crypto Currency, End A War

Morality follows function and Bitcoin has made selective divestment a lot more functional.

Direct Link : https://medium.com/@cyphunk/use-a-crypto-currency-end-a-war-166816dc4f2

Source : http://cryptocurrencylive.com/item?id=9026

Crypto Currency Live News

http://cryptocurrencylive.com/newest
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:41:46 AM

One of the sneakier aspects of bit coin is the potential to shut down the war machines. That is the true value. Future wealth is a nice bonus though.

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 11:18:50 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 12:41:55 PM by Beliathon

One of the sneakier aspects of bit coin is the potential to shut down the war machines. That is the true value. Future wealth is a nice bonus though.
Correct, world peace is the much bigger prize to be won with the mass adoption of crypto over nation-state war-funding scrip.

Tinyurl.com/BTCvsPolitic

Title should read, "abandon fiat scrip, end all war".

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
JohnFromWIT

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:38:59 PM

Should consider nagging http://www.peaceoneday.org/ to accept bitcoin donations.
Lynx/Axe are partnered with them for the Peace deodorant.
Not exactly sure what they do, draw attention to the possibility of world peace mostly, I guess.

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:44:23 PM

Correct, world peace is the much bigger prize to be won with the mass adoption of crypto over nation-state war-funding scrip.

Tinyurl.com/BTCvsPolitic

Title should read, "abandon fiat scrip, end all war".

Buy a Bit Coin save a life would be a nice one as well.

acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:48:55 PM

Catchy slogan. It's good, since no other currency can currently say it. But of course, if Bitcoin is mass adopted, war and violence will start to occur. Nice slogan, though.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:51:56 PM

Catchy slogan. It's good, since no other currency can currently say it. But of course, if Bitcoin is mass adopted, war and violence will start to occur. Nice slogan, though.

How? War is incredibly expensive. If governments cannot inflate currency to fund wars their ability to launch them is limited. Thre is no way to finance a major war in a bit coin universe.

whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:53:00 PM

So how exactly does crypto stop wars?

That's not the dumbest thing I've heard on here but it ranks pretty high up there.

Governments don't have a monopoly on war.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:57:28 PM

That's not the dumbest thing I've heard on here but it ranks pretty high up there.

This. I give you props for idealism but OP, you are not being realistic. No one needed the 'military industrial complex' to promote wars since dawn of time. It's a cheap excuse for those with need to shift blame.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:03:35 PM

How? War is incredibly expensive. If governments cannot inflate currency to fund wars their ability to launch them is limited. Thre is no way to finance a major war in a bit coin universe.

A minor war is still a war, or a 'regular' war. It doesn't have to be necessarily major is what I'm getting at. Hell, it might be a war against the government (Rebellion). And not to mention, if it's adopted, the GOVERNMENTS - yes, I'm writing this in caps - WILL MOST LIKELY GO TO WAR AGAINST EACH OTHER.
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:06:56 PM

Where there is vested interest, conflicts will begin. War is just another form of such events.

We can't have local bitcoin face to face transactions without someone trying to off the other guy.

How the hell are we supposed to avoid wars?
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 06:51:12 PM

http://Tinyurl.com/BTCvsPolitic

If you're not going to take the half hour to actually learn something, shut your ignorant mouth.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
waldox

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 07:54:43 PM

if you use fiat (especially usd) you are supporting their wars

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:51:26 PM

Of course they do. War, by definition, is one government trying to kill another government.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:11:04 PM

Here's how people used to end war: http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categories/war-conflict/vietnam-war/seeking-sanctuary-draft-dodgers/we-refused-to-go-the-antiwar-movement-in-canada-and-the-us.html

Try not letting the government send you to war. The problem is when people see their flag fluttering in the breeze, they start thinking about mom serving up her apple pie and tearing up because their great gran pappy fought in the last war they succumb to peer pressure and start killing. Bitcoin can't end wars - education can. Dumbass hillbillies living in the heartland are too stupid to use Bitcoin and they're too stupid to see that their government is about to kill them for no reason.

JohnFromWIT

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:21:04 PM

Here's how people used to end war: http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categories/war-conflict/vietnam-war/seeking-sanctuary-draft-dodgers/we-refused-to-go-the-antiwar-movement-in-canada-and-the-us.html

Try not letting the government send you to war. The problem is when people see their flag fluttering in the breeze, they start thinking about mom serving up her apple pie and tearing up because their great gran pappy fought in the last war they succumb to peer pressure and start killing. Bitcoin can't end wars - education can. Dumbass hillbillies living in the heartland are too stupid to use Bitcoin and they're too stupid to see that their government is about to kill them for no reason.

One group of people thinking they're better than another group of people has a bit to do with it too I reckon. Yep.

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:24:50 PM

A minor war is still a war, or a 'regular' war. It doesn't have to be necessarily major is what I'm getting at. Hell, it might be a war against the government (Rebellion). And not to mention, if it's adopted, the GOVERNMENTS - yes, I'm writing this in caps - WILL MOST LIKELY GO TO WAR AGAINST EACH OTHER.

If you type it in all caps it must be right.  Roll Eyes

There will be minor conflicts as long as there are people in this world. What bit coin helps us to avoid is an all out invasion of another country by a single country or a group of countries. If you can't finance it you can't wage it. It is really that simple.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:27:23 PM

One group of people thinking they're better than another group of people has a bit to do with it too I reckon. Yep.

Yessir, liberal radicals often forget wars are fought by people not by governments. Want to stop a war? Overthrow a dictator? Topple a government? Convince the people it needs to happen.

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:29:11 PM

Yessir, liberal radicals often forget wars are fought by people not by governments. Want to stop a war? Overthrow a dictator? Topple a government? Convince the people it needs to happen.

Exactly. It is easy to go to war when it is other people's money you are spending. Rich mans war = poor mans fight.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:42:43 PM

Exactly. It is easy to go to war when it is other people's money you are spending. Rich mans war = poor mans fight.

My own father was such a patriotic idiot that he actually sent a check to support the war effort.

Here's some alternative funding for wars: http://www.war-experience.org/education/homefront/support/support.asp

Sometimes the government just begs for money because they don't have enough to wage war. It doesn't matter what your using for money if people are just going to send it to the government.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: