Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:08:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Use A Crypto Currency, End A War  (Read 2071 times)
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:50:07 PM

Here's how people used to end war: http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categories/war-conflict/vietnam-war/seeking-sanctuary-draft-dodgers/we-refused-to-go-the-antiwar-movement-in-canada-and-the-us.html

Try not letting the government send you to war. The problem is when people see their flag fluttering in the breeze, they start thinking about mom serving up her apple pie and tearing up because their great gran pappy fought in the last war they succumb to peer pressure and start killing. Bitcoin can't end wars - education can. Dumbass hillbillies living in the heartland are too stupid to use Bitcoin and they're too stupid to see that their government is about to kill them for no reason.

One group of people thinking they're better than another group of people has a bit to do with it too I reckon. Yep.

Yessir, liberal radicals often forget wars are fought by people not by governments. Want to stop a war? Overthrow a dictator? Topple a government? Convince the people it needs to happen.

Exactly. It is easy to go to war when it is other people's money you are spending. Rich mans war = poor mans fight.

My own father was such a patriotic idiot that he actually sent a check to support the war effort.

Here's some alternative funding for wars: http://www.war-experience.org/education/homefront/support/support.asp

Sometimes the government just begs for money because they don't have enough to wage war. It doesn't matter what your using for money if people are just going to send it to the government.

but most people won't send it to the government.
people have no problem saying they would like to bomb X or Y but when they actually have to pay for it they start thinking twice.
in a world where the government has to actually ask the public for funding to start a war i'd bet there would be less wars or wars would be of a much smaller scale.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:51:56 PM

Here's how people used to end war: http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categories/war-conflict/vietnam-war/seeking-sanctuary-draft-dodgers/we-refused-to-go-the-antiwar-movement-in-canada-and-the-us.html

Try not letting the government send you to war. The problem is when people see their flag fluttering in the breeze, they start thinking about mom serving up her apple pie and tearing up because their great gran pappy fought in the last war they succumb to peer pressure and start killing. Bitcoin can't end wars - education can. Dumbass hillbillies living in the heartland are too stupid to use Bitcoin and they're too stupid to see that their government is about to kill them for no reason.

One group of people thinking they're better than another group of people has a bit to do with it too I reckon. Yep.

Yessir, liberal radicals often forget wars are fought by people not by governments. Want to stop a war? Overthrow a dictator? Topple a government? Convince the people it needs to happen.

Exactly. It is easy to go to war when it is other people's money you are spending. Rich mans war = poor mans fight.

My own father was such a patriotic idiot that he actually sent a check to support the war effort.

Here's some alternative funding for wars: http://www.war-experience.org/education/homefront/support/support.asp

Sometimes the government just begs for money because they don't have enough to wage war. It doesn't matter what your using for money if people are just going to send it to the government.

There was a time when I felt the same way. I was shamelessly pro American and thought we could do no wrong. It took a while to deprogram myself. I still love my country and the principals it was founded on, but we are now a twisted relic of that.  

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:52:26 PM

in a world where the government has to actually ask the public for funding to start a war i'd bet there would be less wars or wars would be of a much smaller scale.

It is no coincidence that the first 'great war' - the 'war to end all wars' - WWI - happened shortly after the creation of the federal reserve.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:57:58 PM

It is no coincidence that the first 'great war' - the 'war to end all wars' - WWI - happened shortly after the creation of the federal reserve.

Yes. They could never have financed it without central banks inflating currency. This is about taking them to task and making government accountable to the people again.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:59:42 PM

There was a time when I felt the same way. I was shamelessly pro American and thought we could do no wrong. It took a while to deprogram myself. I still love my country and the principals it was founded on, but we are now a twisted relic of that.  

You'll probably like this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEyUWKJFER8

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:14:58 PM

Yes. They could never have financed it without central banks inflating currency. This is about taking them to task and making government accountable to the people again.

People need to take control of their country. For those of you that are 'Mericans: slavery was legal, women had no right to vote, raping your wife was legal, blacks were less than human as recently as 60 years ago, children had no rights and could be abused and beaten without punishing the abuser, in fact, about the only people that had rights were white male adults. It will take entirely too long for Bitcoin to even come close to becoming the national currency of 'merica. Changes need to happen a lot faster than that.

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:18:52 PM

People need to take control of their country. For those of you that are 'Mericans: slavery was legal, women had no right to vote, raping your wife was legal, blacks were less than human as recently as 60 years ago, children had no rights and could be abused and beaten without punishing the abuser, in fact, about the only people that had rights were white male adults. It will take entirely too long for Bitcoin to even come close to becoming the national currency of 'merica. Changes need to happen a lot faster than that.

I am frankly not sure what the answer is. The electoral process has broken down and become a joke. Neither party is really a party of the people and frankly Americans are too busy watching reality tv to do much thinking any way. I am choosing to opt out of the system by divesting myself as much as I can from fiat currency and avoiding sending more money to the beast as much as I can while keeping my relative freedom.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:36:45 PM

I am frankly not sure what the answer is. The electoral process has broken down and become a joke. Neither party is really a party of the people and frankly Americans are too busy watching reality tv to do much thinking any way. I am choosing to opt out of the system by divesting myself as much as I can from fiat currency and avoiding sending more money to the beast as much as I can while keeping my relative freedom

That may be all that can be done at this point. Change is always in the hands of the people but the people have to see the need. As long as US citizens are willing to sit back and do nothing then nothing will change. I see that as the reason Bitcoin adoption isn't moving faster than it is. Young well educated citizens are calling for passive revolution and not enough people are listening. Also fear plays a big part in financing the government. If we all decided to not file taxes next year do you believe they could put us all in jail? It just takes a movement to gather support for that to happen. Unfortunately, Americans are soft, afraid and we have no tangible cause that the reality tv watchers understand enough to support. We are the 99%. 99% chicken shit that is. lol

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:12:04 AM

If we all decided to not file taxes next year do you believe they could put us all in jail?

All of _us_? We denizens of bitcointalk? Of course. We are a negligible number.

But your point is well-taken. If the number of noncompliant got to a single-digit percentage of the populace, then no, they'd not be able to round us up. I have seen academic studies suggesting 3% is all that's required to make such a change. That's all it took to foment the American revolution.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:01:42 AM

Catchy slogan. It's good, since no other currency can currently say it. But of course, if Bitcoin is mass adopted, war and violence will start to occur. Nice slogan, though.

How? War is incredibly expensive. If governments cannot inflate currency to fund wars their ability to launch them is limited. Thre is no way to finance a major war in a bit coin universe.

A minor war is still a war, or a 'regular' war. It doesn't have to be necessarily major is what I'm getting at. Hell, it might be a war against the government (Rebellion). And not to mention, if it's adopted, the GOVERNMENTS - yes, I'm writing this in caps - WILL MOST LIKELY GO TO WAR AGAINST EACH OTHER.

If you type it in all caps it must be right.  Roll Eyes

There will be minor conflicts as long as there are people in this world. What bit coin helps us to avoid is an all out invasion of another country by a single country or a group of countries. If you can't finance it you can't wage it. It is really that simple.

If you can't inflate Bitcoin, and if it was evened out, 24 Million people each could have it. Not that many coins will be achieved in a few - nah, a ton of years. People have more than one each. It'll be scarce. I think more than minor will be achieved, if the Governments want a good share of it.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:14:56 AM

I am frankly not sure what the answer is. The electoral process has broken down and become a joke. Neither party is really a party of the people and frankly Americans are too busy watching reality tv to do much thinking any way. I am choosing to opt out of the system by divesting myself as much as I can from fiat currency and avoiding sending more money to the beast as much as I can while keeping my relative freedom

That may be all that can be done at this point. Change is always in the hands of the people but the people have to see the need. As long as US citizens are willing to sit back and do nothing then nothing will change. I see that as the reason Bitcoin adoption isn't moving faster than it is. Young well educated citizens are calling for passive revolution and not enough people are listening. Also fear plays a big part in financing the government. If we all decided to not file taxes next year do you believe they could put us all in jail? It just takes a movement to gather support for that to happen. Unfortunately, Americans are soft, afraid and we have no tangible cause that the reality tv watchers understand enough to support. We are the 99%. 99% chicken shit that is. lol

Fear and apathy are definitely big factors. I also think the relative comfort level we enjoy in the west breeds complacency. We may be the only culture in world history whose poor people are fat. 

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:20:52 AM

Fear and apathy are definitely big factors. I also think the relative comfort level we enjoy in the west breeds complacency. We may be the only culture in world history whose poor people are fat. 

I love that. I'm gonna use that line. lol

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:37:08 AM

I love that. I'm gonna use that line. lol

Feel free. I used to work in Altoona PA and there was a welfare office in the building I worked in. It shocked me to see how heavy the recipients were.

Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:43:38 AM

Some funny circle jerk going on in this thread with pseudo-intellectuals who think themselves 'enlightened' LOL Smiley

Why is it that they all sound as if they have rebellious daddy issues?

Everyone likes to feel smart and clever, especially the naive and stupid ones Smiley
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 12:44:34 PM

Some funny circle jerk going on in this thread with pseudo-intellectuals who think themselves 'enlightened' LOL Smiley

Everyone likes to feel smart and clever, especially the naive and stupid ones Smiley
Thanks for adding the most asinine, useless post to the thread, and welcome to my ignore list.

P.S.
http://www.hollabackhealth.com/2010/12/five-reasons-to-stop-using-emoticons/

For the rest of you, carry on. I've really enjoyed reading the conversation.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:33:10 PM

Thanks for adding the most asinine, useless post to the thread, and welcome to my ignore list.

P.S.
http://www.hollabackhealth.com/2010/12/five-reasons-to-stop-using-emoticons/

For the rest of you, carry on. I've really enjoyed reading the conversation.

I'm surprised you haven't ignored him yet. Fortunately I only see his posts when someone quotes him.

RepublicSpace

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:26:41 PM

Good rethinking of famous "Food not bombs" - Bitcoin not bombs http://www.bitcoinnotbombs.com/
TheTruth4

Activity: 108

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:37:52 PM

I think someone will try to use war to end a cryptocurrency one day
JohnFromWIT

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:44:31 PM

I think someone will try to use war to end a cryptocurrency one day

Haha, anythings possible.

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:27:34 PM

One of the sneakier aspects of bit coin is the potential to shut down the war machines. That is the true value. Future wealth is a nice bonus though.

bitcoin = world peace you think?

I think it brings us closer. Conflict will always happen, but if the governments can't control our money anymore they can't inflate it it in order to finance wars.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: