Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:39:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] 15 BTC for designing a logo  (Read 6538 times)
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 12:46:37 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2012, 01:45:05 PM by Technomage

I'm launching a Bitcoin web portal called "Bittiraha.fi" which is marketed to Finnish people. Bittiraha is a Finnish word which consists of two words bitti and raha and it loosely means "bitmoney". I've noticed that people tend to often call Bitcoin "bittiraha" in Finland, so it makes sense.

The site is not focused on Finland or the Finnish flag, it's focused on Bitcoin. Keep this in mind when choosing themes for your logo submissions.

Rules of the competition:

1) The logo must have the word "Bittiraha.fi" in it. Preferably spelled like that but it can also be all caps or something special if you can make it look good.

2) I am allowed to ask for small changes afterwards which are included in the 15 BTC reward.

3) I require a vector file of that logo because I need the logo for many different purposes and in many different sizes.

4) I get full rights to use and modify the logo that I have chosen.

5) I am not forced to choose any logo. This is not a competition of who is best, if none of the applicants are what I need, no one gets the bounty.

The competition is finished. No new submissions, please.

Winner has been chosen and it was announced in this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64159.msg782872#msg782872

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rTech

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

Trust but confirm!

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 01:47:38 PM

LoL never heard about "bittiraha" in regular usage. Me and my friends here call it bitcoin (or shitcoin *jk*)as it is Cheesy only some lame newspapers and webportals used bittiraha Cheesy

sorry offtopic Smiley name was just so funny... anyway best luck for u and your business..

best regards, your countrymate...
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 02:06:00 PM

LoL never heard about "bittiraha" in regular usage. Me and my friends here call it bitcoin (or shitcoin *jk*)as it is Cheesy only some lame newspapers and webportals used bittiraha Cheesy

sorry offtopic Smiley name was just so funny... anyway best luck for u and your business..

best regards, your countrymate...
I hope you visit the site when it's up. It's going to change the Bitcoin landscape in Finland. By the way I didn't mean that Finnish Bitcoin-enthusiasts call Bitcoin "bittiraha", they don't. You're right about that. From a marketing perspective the point of the site is to appeal to a larger audience than that, which is why I chose that name. Outside the Finnish Bitcoin community many consider Bitcoin "bittiraha". These are the people that I want. Smiley

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
rTech

Activity: 305

Trust but confirm!

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 02:09:11 PM

Yeah i didnt mean to offence Smiley I have already bookmarked your site. There is never too many sites for regular joes... and its nice to see some sites in our dear native language.
Matoking

Activity: 352

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 02:56:41 PM

Nice to see a Finnish Bitcoin site in development. Smiley

So, what will the site be like? Kind of like Weusecoins.com but for us Finns?

I'm pretty sucky when it comes to vector drawing, but the least I can do is try, no? Tongue

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 04:31:07 PM

Nice to see a Finnish Bitcoin site in development. Smiley

So, what will the site be like? Kind of like Weusecoins.com but for us Finns?

I'm pretty sucky when it comes to vector drawing, but the least I can do is try, no? Tongue
Thanks. Me and my partners are doing our best to create a quality Bitcoin portal. Not that there is much competition, but still. Weusecoins.com is a good comparison but think bigger. The site will be not just about information, it will have community features and many essential services. It's directed at people new to Bitcoin, people who already know about Bitcoin and it'll also have services for companies that want to use Bitcoin. So the idea is to build an everything-you-need Bitcoin portal, although not all services are necessarily there at launch time. There is a lot of work to do.

If you want to take a shot at the logo, be my guest. We don't necessarily need anything too fancy. It can be simple as long as it's elegant and looks neat. The reason I would prefer a vector logo is that we are planning to create large banners with the logo that could be used at certain events. That's why we need a logo that is workable as a small website logo and also in large prints.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 03:25:27 PM

Just a heads up. No submissions yet, which means that 15 bitcoins is still up for grabs. I want to remind everyone that the competition can end much earlier than the deadline. Once I find what I'm looking for, it's over.

Also I want to remind you guys that if there is a tough choice between multiple participants, the losers will receive a bonus prize for their effort. So no one who puts real effort into this will go unrewarded.

Matoking

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 04:27:51 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2012, 04:43:20 PM by Matoking

I tried (I emphasize the word 'tried')

I'll probably try finetuning this a bit.

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
jojkaart

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 05:18:40 PM

Hello,

I also tried my hand at designing a logo and figured I'd post what I got so far. Unfortunately, the style is probably not quite fitting for the theme but I figured I'd let others decide that. So, here it is.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 07:33:07 PM

I tried (I emphasize the word 'tried')

I'll probably try finetuning this a bit.
It's not that bad! I have a few suggestions if you'd like to tweak it.

The beginning of the logo is great (except that the first letter I is not fully visible) but the "Raha" part is first of all totally wrong color and it's not good that the letter R comes out of the background.

Second of all there is simply too many colors for such a simple logo. It would be better if the whole "ittiraha" part were the same color. Whatever you do with it, reduce the amount of different colors.

Third, it needs overall finetuning. The look needs to be perhaps a bit more glossy, more modern. Other than that it's really not that bad. Good job so far. Smiley

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 07:36:26 PM

Hello,

I also tried my hand at designing a logo and figured I'd post what I got so far. Unfortunately, the style is probably not quite fitting for the theme but I figured I'd let others decide that. So, here it is.
I think your design also has potential. It's very different but that's not necessarily bad. It requires a total color overhaul, background color is no good. The letter B needs to be of a different color as well, black makes it look too much like a Japanese letter or something. Third, the word Bittiraha.fi needs to start from higher up so it's easier to read.

Good work, with some redesign that logo could be also be workable. It's great that we have logos of different styles in this competition. Smiley

jojkaart

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:09:28 PM

Hello,

I think your design also has potential. It's very different but that's not necessarily bad. It requires a total color overhaul, background color is no good. The letter B needs to be of a different color as well, black makes it look too much like a Japanese letter or something. Third, the word Bittiraha.fi needs to start from higher up so it's easier to read.

Good work, with some redesign that logo could be also be workable. It's great that we have logos of different styles in this competition. Smiley

I did some recoloring and rearranging. The logo looks quite different now Smiley (I forgot to even think about the colors before I posted the first one).
FastAndViral

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:47:50 PM

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/5830/bittiraha.png

If you want to see without the border just say something.
Matoking

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 09:01:16 PM

Okay, went ahead and fine-tuned it.

Bitcoin-otc
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 09:01:59 PM

Crowdsourcing at its best!

Matoking

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 09:17:06 PM

Moar gradients and decreased the size of the coin engraving a bit

Bitcoin-otc
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 09:19:09 PM

This submission: which is mine - belongs to me:

Matoking

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 09:22:22 PM

I think I lost. Tongue

Bitcoin-otc
bbulker

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 11:23:44 PM

Here's my entry. Scaled to 25%, showing different colors, and transparency.

bitcoinhero

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 11:25:53 PM

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2hhnmnk.jpg
Hey guys like my logo?!

No plagiarism here, I can guarantee that.
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 11:45:23 PM

A lot of new entries! Nice job everyone. I have some comments:

jojkaart: Take the right side reverse B off. It doesn't work. Then merge the "Bittiraha.fi" section with the left circle in a way that it comes out from the center of the circle (currently it's slightly too high). Then change the font of the Bittiraha.fi text, I decided I don't like it. Third, for the B you could try a color that is a little more orange and I also think that the whole B circle could be a bit smaller. This logo has potential so don't give up. Smiley

FastAndViral: This is a good start but it needs work. The background area is too big and the text is not sharp enough. Also the coloring doesn't work at all, here it's important to remind that it's two Finnish words "Bitti" and "raha" so coloring it that way doesn't work. Also the white/gray is not a very clear color, readability is key. It has potential with some tweaking though.

foggyb: Nice submission! My favorites are the 2nd one, 4th one and the last one. Those might require some tweaking but overall your submission is the most polished so far. I don't have any further comments for now, I need to let others in my team review these submissions as well.

bbulker: Your entry is clean and simple, which is good. But I wonder if it's too simple, I have to think about that. It's a solid entry anyways, thanks a lot.

bitcoinhero: Cheesy I don't know if you're serious with the entry, but the colors don't match anyway.

Matoking: Yes, it could be that you've met your match in this competition. Thanks for trying! Smiley

bitcoinhero

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 11:55:11 PM

A lot of new entries! Nice job everyone. I have some comments:

jojkaart: Take the right side reverse B off. It doesn't work. Then merge the "Bittiraha.fi" section with the left circle in a way that it comes out from the center of the circle (currently it's slightly too high). Then change the font of the Bittiraha.fi text, I decided I don't like it. Third, for the B you could try a color that is a little more orange and I also think that the whole B circle could be a bit smaller. This logo has potential so don't give up. Smiley

FastAndViral: This is a good start but it needs work. The background area is too big and the text is not sharp enough. Also the coloring doesn't work at all, here it's important to remind that it's two Finnish words "Bitti" and "raha" so coloring it that way doesn't work. Also the white/gray is not a very clear color, readability is key. It has potential with some tweaking though.

foggyb: Nice submission! My favorites are the 2nd one, 4th one and the last one. Those might require some tweaking but overall your submission is the most polished so far. I don't have any further comments for now, I need to let others in my team review these submissions as well.

bbulker: Your entry is clean and simple, which is good. But I wonder if it's too simple, I have to think about that. It's a solid entry anyways, thanks a lot.

bitcoinhero: Cheesy I don't know if you're serious with the entry, but the colors don't match anyway.

Matoking: Yes, it could be that you've met your match in this competition. Thanks for trying! Smiley

I was only kidding with my entry, I am just very bored Cheesy
tahoda

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 11:57:20 PM

OK, that's a nice game. I'll play it!  Grin

Here's my contribution to your quest.

So what's been going on in my head to get to this?
Well, I've started with your national flag which is white with a blue cross in it. The logo is to be used purely for a Finnish site so a bit of Finnish nationality was in order here. I went on splitting the "Bit" part and the "tiraha" part to emphasize the Bitcoin meaning somewhat more from the Finnish word for money. And I wanted to emphasize the internet and you provided the missing link yourself, the .fi part.

So roughly something like this. But then blue. And the vertical text 90 degrees rotated...You get the point.  Roll Eyes
   B
   I
Bittiraha.fi
   i
   r
   a
   h
   a
   f
   i

So what I've ended up with
But just crossing two times the words in blue was a bit too simple. And Bitcoiners are smart people. And that should be emphasized too.  Cool So my conclusion was to ditch everything and only leave the two lowercase T's in the middle to indicate that something special was going on there.

See it as data compression. Data can be omitted because a smart algorithm knows what should go in there. Something like that.

But I' m going off topic here.

The line on top and at the bottom of those lowercase T's are the i's from The Bit and the tiraha words emphasizing the Finnish cross between Bit(coins) and money somewhat more. That left me with the top left logo.

Nice but still missing something. The name then, to help the newbies a little maybe? So that went into the top i. That's middle right.

OK, let's play a little with different styles of this concept. So skewing it a bit. Top right. Laying it out somewhat flat making it fly a little more. Nice. Could be Bitcoins flying around in Finland. That's middle left B.T.W. Doing a light shadow and a slightly different position giving it more depth. Always good to tell your visitors that you site has many facets. Worthy of a in-depth look hm? That's bottom right.

And the odd one out, the corporate banking look. Original logo with a border system.

So here it is. Have fun!

https://i.imgur.com/4U3Ok.png

Tahoda

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2012, 12:06:41 AM

tahoda: your submission as it is now makes little sense and I wonder if the reason could be that "tiraha" doesn't mean anything in Finnish. It's two words "bitti" and "raha" and the first one means bit (as in megabit) and the second one means money. I will add this information to the first post because this is now the second time there is confusion about this.

I'm sorry that this wasn't made clear at first. I didn't realize it could be a problem, probably because Finnish is my first language.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2012, 12:37:10 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2012, 12:48:07 AM by Technomage

foggyb: I have some new feedback for you. I decided that I actually like the first logo a lot in some ways but it has issues with the B box. In fact all the B boxes look weird, the 3D of the box is wrong way around somehow. I would like to see two new versions of the first logo, one with the B box changed to basic 2D and another one where the box is turned other way around with the extra B removed from the side of the box, it's unnecessary. The .fi box in the logo looks fabulous and font/colors are good so no problems there.

I think that with some tweaks your submission has a good chance in this competition, at least judging from the participants so far. The only thing I'm worried about is that your sub looks very similar to the Facebook logo in terms of colors and font but I'm not sure if that matters.

For others: Competition is still on, the logo hasn't been chosen yet. Also, with the number of contestants so far I will at least give a bonus price to the 2nd best. Good luck guys.

tahoda

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 01:21:11 AM

tahoda: your submission as it is now makes little sense and I wonder if the reason could be that "tiraha" doesn't mean anything in Finnish. It's two words "bitti" and "raha" and the first one means bit (as in megabit) and the second one means money. I will add this information to the first post because this is now the second time there is confusion about this.

I'm sorry that this wasn't made clear at first. I didn't realize it could be a problem, probably because Finnish is my first language.

ow... Roll Eyes

Thanks for the update. That almost destroys my concept. Cool

No matter. I've already started to make repairs.

Let's see, I wanted to keep the web-bit in the .fi and the flag thing. Ah yes, and the drop shadow for the depth. Let's take that as a start en build from there...

https://i.imgur.com/394ln.png

Tahoda

N.Olmos

Activity: 162

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 01:45:04 AM

Flag Concept:

Need to change the B symbol and/or font.

n.olmos

Refer friends and earn 25%!

http://offers.coinad.com/?r=3
foggyb
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 07:03:27 AM

Ask and ye shall receive:

FastAndViral

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 11:12:49 AM

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/8559/bittiraha3.png

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1543/bittiraha2.png

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5830/bittiraha.png
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2012, 11:40:41 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2012, 12:09:06 PM by Technomage

Great job everyone!

Competition is still very much on. So far foggyb and FastAndViral hold the top 2 spots so they are the ones to beat. We haven't found what we're looking for just yet so there is time. We are definitely getting closer though. Next I have some comments regarding new submissions.

tahoda: I'm still not really into your concept, it needs a lot of work. It's a bit too complex. Thanks for trying though. Smiley

N.Olmos: Forget the flag concept entirely if you want to try again. That logo is not what we're looking for. Thank you for the submission anyway!

foggyb: Good work! If you're up to it, I would still like to a see a couple of different versions with the following instructions. Merge the third and fourth logos in a way that it's exactly the same as the third logo except that it uses the B box from the fourth logo. The symmetry of the fourth logo is great but then again I love the .fi box from the third, but in that one the B box doesn't work well. My second wish is that I'd see some of your logos in a totally different coloring, I'd suggest Bitcoin-orange or something close to that.

FastAndViral: You're in top 2 with your newest submission. More specifically the third logo looks really neat. You could try moving the text tiny bit higher because it doesn't look symmetric enough to me. Also a version with the underline removed from the text would be interesting to see for comparison. One in our team liked the first logo as well, that one could work with different coloring (perhaps orange) but not as it is now. Second one is non-workable.

To everyone:

Please refrain from submitting anything that is focused on a Finnish theme. This is not about nationality, it's about Bitcoin and Bitcoin is very much international. I can accept using white and blue but the flag goes way too far.

In conclusion: We have enough submissions with blue as the main color.

I need you guys to come up with a few more using totally different colors such as orange, which is often associated with Bitcoin.

Good luck everyone!

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2012, 11:48:41 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2012, 12:09:29 PM by Technomage

I still haven't seen any submissions that have a theme based on anything that makes Bitcoin what it is. Except some that simply use the Bitcoin logo. Technology, computers, cryptography, p2p, money, freedom. There are a lot of concepts that make 100 times more sense than a Finnish theme, so step it up guys. It's a Finnish site but it's not about Finland, it's about Bitcoin. Smiley  

FastAndViral

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 01:16:59 PM

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8559/bittiraha3.png

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5083/bittiraha5.png In this one I decreased the space between letters.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1543/bittiraha2.png

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/194/bittiraha6.png Same here.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/194/bittiraha6.png And here I tryed with the color green.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5083/bittiraha5.png

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2613/bittiraha4.png Here the text have shadow. And it's bold.

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/4386/bittiraha1.png
FastAndViral

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 02:04:49 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2012, 02:16:18 PM by FastAndViral

I've made a simple one just to test the colors:

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/4386/bittiraha1.png

What do you think? I designed the Bitcoin logo myself. It's very similar to the original.

EDIT: I forgot the ".fi" in the first one.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4386/bittiraha1.png

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1543/bittiraha2.png
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 02:06:05 PM

I guess I better give it a shot since everything here so far looks like it was done in paintbrush. (No offense)

tahoda

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 02:10:43 PM

https://i.imgur.com/wyOyS.png

Grin

Tahoda
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2012, 03:55:43 PM

Good job guys, once again.

FastAndViral: Really nice submissions. My favorite is the one with the blue background, the second version without bold/shadows. It's really easy to read and looks neat. The ones where you had your own Bitcoin logo would need some work, they are not as clear to read as some of the other ones. The logo seems like it is slightly transparent which doesn't look good compared to the ones used in the blue-background logos, where the orange is stronger.

tahoda: That's more like it! I think the symmetry of the whole logo needs some work though. The text does not align well with the graphics, it looks a bit off. Also the color of the blue streak is perhaps a bit too strong/bright blue, strikes out too much. Nothing else for now, that is a very promising submission. Thanks.

Matthew: I hope you give it a shot. The quality of the submissions so far has a lot of variety but they are not all bad. I really like some of them. So do your best if you participate. Smiley

tahoda

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 08:04:14 PM

I don't have access to adobe fireworks on this computer so I used paint. I know its rough but it is only one of my ideas and isn't finished. I just thought I would post something for now.
I will finish this later today and throw in my other ideas. The others don't use the finish flag.

If I may make a suggestion for software if you don't have Fireworks, try Inkscape (Google for it). It's open source, it's vector based and has much support for vector file formats.

Oh yes, someone told me that the flag was definitely out. See the above messages... Smiley

Tahoda
tahoda

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 08:07:35 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2012, 08:23:06 PM by tahoda

tahoda: That's more like it! I think the symmetry of the whole logo needs some work though. The text does not align well with the graphics, it looks a bit off. Also the color of the blue streak is perhaps a bit too strong/bright blue, strikes out too much. Nothing else for now, that is a very promising submission. Thanks.

Yep, it was a very quick sketch. Just to see if this was the correct path to follow. Good that we are, at last, synchronized on design strategy. Smiley

edit: ok, couldn't resist some quick changes...

https://i.imgur.com/eC0j3.png

- slight re-alignment of the bitcoin blocks;
- made text somewhat smaller in length and positioned it a bit neater with the bitcoin blocks;
- made the blue stock exchange graph [or the path which connects the bitcoiners - you may choose] a bit more soft colored by adding a gradient.

Tahoda
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 01:37:08 PM

Keep it up guys. My team is planning to start reviewing the best submissions internally later this week, hopefully all who wish to participate have participated by then. The deadline in the first post is the latest date that doesn't kill our schedule but we would prefer to have the logo earlier than that.

tahoda: There is still an issue with positioning/symmetry. I can't quite pinpoint what I'd like done with it, but it still requires tweaking. The blue streak is also not much better now, it has too strong of a gradient which makes it look too light. Something between the first version and the later version could work as far as the streak is concerned but the symmetry of the whole logo is a bigger issue that you should concentrate on if you wish to have a competitive entry.

tahoda

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 09:17:00 PM

tahoda: There is still an issue with positioning/symmetry. I can't quite pinpoint what I'd like done with it, but it still requires tweaking. The blue streak is also not much better now, it has too strong of a gradient which makes it look too light. Something between the first version and the later version could work as far as the streak is concerned but the symmetry of the whole logo is a bigger issue that you should concentrate on if you wish to have a competitive entry.

I do know what was wrong. The blocks weren't completely symmetrical yet. Fixed that and...made some variations. Both on blocks and texts.

https://i.imgur.com/JCVN7.png

Tahoda
foggyb
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 11:58:54 PM

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 12:27:38 AM

Good job tahoda. I like especially the third logo, putting the "bitcoin portal" text below Bittiraha.fi removes any symmetry issues. The box looks good in that one as well. Your submission is now definitely competitive.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 12:41:25 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2012, 01:08:54 AM by Technomage

Excellent work foggyb! At first glance this logo is epic, it's the most promising logo of all the submissions so far. It could use some work though, it's not a guaranteed winner as it is now. The colors are great choices but there is too much going on with them and both of the boxes have issues.

The box around the letter B needs to be removed entirely or changed radically, the shape doesn't mix well with the background globe. The .fi box looked perfect in some of the earlier logos but here it is too big, too pronounced. For that one I'd say keep the box but make it less pronounced.

As far as the colors are concerned, I'd suggest experimenting some more. The colors you're using are perfect but the way they are used needs to be a bit more streamlined, simpler. One option is to use the orange for the whole "Bitti" word and leave everything else as is. Another option is to leave all the colors as they are now but simply remove the orange B box, even that might work. There are probably other variations that could work, try some so we can compare.

I hope you still have it in you to do a few more tweaks, you have a good chance of winning this competition. You've done a lot of work already and regardless of the outcome, you'll get a reward. That's guaranteed.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 12:58:56 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2012, 01:13:20 AM by Technomage

I'd like to remind everyone that it is my team that will eventually review all the submissions and decide the winner. So what I think of the logos is not final in any way, the winner could turn out to be one of the older submissions regardless of what I thought of it. What I'm trying to do is push you guys to the limit and see if there is room for improvement.

Judging by the latest submissions it certainly looks like there is still room for improvement. I don't want to be hasty in choosing a logo if they get better and better as the competition matures so I will keep this competition going until I'm sure that we have enough great logos to make a decision, or until the deadline is up when my team is forced to make a decision.

Keep it guys, you're doing great work which will benefit the entire Bitcoin community.

Timbo925

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 03:17:34 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2012, 03:40:10 PM by Timbo925

Here is my first entry. Tryed to make it very clean an clear.

Second one. Mada a 3d BTC logo for this one so will try to play with that to.
But I do like this one. Has a nice feel to it imo.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 03:55:04 PM

Great entries Timbo! I especially like the black one, it's the strongest first entry in the whole competition and ranks high overall. The second one would need some work to be competitive. Thanks!

istar

Activity: 523
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 04:36:56 PM

Here is my first entry. Tryed to make it very clean an clear.

Second one. Mada a 3d BTC logo for this one so will try to play with that to.
But I do like this one. Has a nice feel to it imo.

Good to see something that looks pro (the first one.)

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
foggyb
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 05:44:50 PM

Timbo925

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 05:54:52 PM

Great entries Timbo! I especially like the black one, it's the strongest first entry in the whole competition and ranks high overall. The second one would need some work to be competitive. Thanks!

Thank you. Worked some more on the second one.
Used the colors of the Finnish flag for this and some minor other things. Personal find it good improvements.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 06:35:49 PM

foggyb: Nice work! I know you're probably getting frustrated by now, but I still need you to do minor tweaks. The shape of the logo or anything like that does not need to be changed anymore, it works. I need to see it with slightly different coloring. Follow these instructions, it's just two small tweaks and then you're done.

Take the third, fifth and sixth logo to be used for the tweaks. They are the best from the new bunch. Now simply change the word "Bitti" to the white color and put the orange background back to the .fi box. Leave one version where you only change the "Bitti" part and leave the .fi box as it is now, and one where you add the orange background for the .fi box and do nothing else. That's all.

Also, one of my team members asked if you could do something with Finland in the map, make it pop up a little or something. If you like you can try that for one version. Once you're done I think that your submission is as good as it'll get.

Timbo: Yes, it's better. Good work.

foggyb
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 09:07:55 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2012, 10:55:38 PM by foggyb

Update:

- added requested color variations
- tweaked .fi box placement on left column of variations
- experimented with finland map highlight
- added alternate grid-line variation
- added alternate two-tone variation suitable for print use

Update II:

- added a third alternate that deserves a look

Update III:

- forgot to mention: removed drop shadow on .fi text for all submissions

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 10:08:00 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2012, 10:22:18 PM by Technomage

foggyb: Impressive! I have nothing further to ask. I like your submissions a lot but it will be up to the whole team to decide which logo wins this competition. Edit: I like the third alternate a lot. Deserves a look alright Smiley

I'm now 100% sure that we have found a sufficient logo through this competition so there will be a winner. We are also giving a reward for the 2nd best and possibly for the 3rd best as well. There is still time to submit, we're not deciding the winner just yet.

I'll announce 24 hours in advance when we stop taking in new submissions. Not yet though, there is still plenty of time to participate. Good luck everyone. With the increased level of competition, you're going to need it.

foggyb
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 10:19:18 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2012, 10:51:25 PM by foggyb

Thanks for the opportunity, Technomage.

I enjoyed working with you.

*edit: Technogage >>  Phinnaeus Gage  Tongue
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 11:17:03 PM

The competition is nearing its end, but there is still time to participate. There are enough submissions to choose from but more is better. Smiley

bbulker

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 10:23:34 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2012, 10:48:54 AM by bbulker

Decided to make another.

Messing with colors:

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 01:14:58 PM

Thanks bbulker. It's a good looking logo but it's difficult to read the blocks as letter B right now.

Liam W

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 02:55:21 PM

I'm launching a Bitcoin web portal called "Bittiraha.fi" which is marketed to Finnish people. Bittiraha is a Finnish word which consists of two words bitti and raha and it loosely means "bitmoney". I've noticed that people tend to often call Bitcoin "bittiraha" in Finland, so it makes sense.

The site is not focused on Finland or the Finnish flag, it's focused on Bitcoin. Keep this in mind when choosing themes for your logo submissions.

Rules of the competition:

1) The logo must have the word "Bittiraha.fi" in it. Preferably spelled like that but it can also be all caps or something special if you can make it look good.

2) I am allowed to ask for small changes afterwards which are included in the 15 BTC reward.

3) I require a vector file of that logo because I need the logo for many different purposes and in many different sizes.

4) I get full rights to use and modify the logo that I have chosen.

5) I am not forced to choose any logo. This is not a competition of who is best, if none of the applicants are what I need, no one gets the bounty.

Submission deadline:

Will be announced 24 hours in advance.

Added: With the amount of participants so far, I will at least give out a bonus prize for the 2nd best!

I'll gladly answer any questions. Good luck.

I could try - I'm not a graphics expert, but I am good in photoshop Smiley
Is that OK? I do have too much spare time!
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 04:22:28 PM

I could try - I'm not a graphics expert, but I am good in photoshop Smiley
Is that OK? I do have too much spare time!
You can always try. Smiley

FastAndViral

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 10:39:42 PM

I can't do anything else or improve the one that I've made... lack of imagination.
tahoda

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 11:11:56 PM

Brilliant to see the creations people can come up with. All in one single topic. Smiley

@liamwli: try Inkscape. It's really easy to learn all the controls and it's vector as the OP requested. And don't be afraid that it won't work out. Look at the fantastic work I've started with. LOL Smiley

Tahoda
bbulker

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 11:15:56 PM

more visible

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 09:53:54 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2012, 10:04:17 PM by Technomage

Deadline announcement:

This competition ends this weekend. Sunday, 26th of February, is the last day for new submissions. The time is not exact, I will make a closing announcement on Monday, Finnish time.

Our team will review all submissions internally next week and we will decide the top 3 submissions. Extra prizes will be given to 2nd and 3rd places.

Good luck!

gbr

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 02:24:44 PM

Hi everyone! Glad I'm not late to the party Cool. Let me present my proposal for the logo.

https://i.imgur.com/4WISV.png
Timbo925

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 05:44:27 PM

My last entry before the deadline

GL to all  Grin
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 12:55:09 PM

The competition is finished. No new submissions, please.

My team has a tough decision ahead of us. We are also looking at Drupal templates for our site so it will probably take many days until we find the combination that works.

I presume that we can ask small tweaks from the winning artist so that we can make the logo work with the template that we choose for our site.

Thanks for all the wonderful submissions, I'll announce the winner and the runner ups later this week.

foggyb
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 03:52:00 PM

I presume that we can ask small tweaks from the winning artist so that we can make the logo work with the template that we choose for our site.

If one of my submissions is chosen, I'll be happy to help make it fit your template.  Smiley
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 12:40:59 PM

Choosing the logo has been difficult and our internal voting process is still not finished. But we have managed to narrow the competition to our final 3. So the top 3 in no particular order is:

FastAndViral with the third logo in this submission: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64159.msg757589#msg757589
Timbo925 with the first logo in this submission: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64159.msg760998#msg760998
foggyb with his whole submission in this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64159.msg761639#msg761639

The prizes for the top 3 are as follows:

The winner and our chosen logo: 15 BTC
2nd place: 4 BTC
3rd place: 1 BTC

Good luck guys. We will announce the final results soon.

Timbo925

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 12:52:24 PM

Glad to hear I made it to the winners list. Excited to see who will take the grand price  Grin
FastAndViral

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 02:41:16 PM

I'm very happy that I reach the top 3 submissions  Cheesy

Good luck to the other 2  Grin
foggyb
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 03:05:56 PM

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Congrats to the both of you for earning top 3.
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2012, 01:34:56 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2012, 02:18:35 PM by Technomage

The final results are in.

Wait for it.

Wait.

One moment.

Dramatic music.

The WINNER of the competition is...

foggyb! (submission can be seen here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64159.msg761639#msg761639)

The runner up which lost to foggyb in our final vote is...

Timbo925!
(submission can be seen here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64159.msg760998#msg760998)

3rd place goes to, obviously...

FastAndViral (submission can be seen here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64159.msg757589#msg757589)

I thank everyone for participating in this competition. It was a first time that I organized something like this. The 2nd and 3rd place winners can post their Bitcoin addresses to me right now either in this thread or privately.

With the winner we still have some work to do. We probably need more than one version for our use because we simply don't know which one will work for our templates and for printing purposes. We can continue our work in private and you'll get the 15 BTC once we're done.

I will post the final logos to this thread later, so everyone can see the actual logos our site will use.

Timbo925

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 02:36:32 PM

Good work guys. Glad to take the 2nd place  Smiley

Here is my address you can use: 15Kaf8k7eV7kJUFyZEzVNBXPHZ34uHzSMQ
FastAndViral

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 03:44:46 PM

Congrats guys.

I'm glad that I won the 3rd place.

You can send to this address: 19PYUVSnq4WFHfRa3i6QUw5su8ACAyd95m

Thank you.
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2012, 11:57:39 PM

2nd and 3rd place prizes have been sent.

FastAndViral

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 12:17:12 PM

Confirmed. Thank you :b

I guess I better give it a shot since everything here so far looks like it was done in paintbrush. (No offense)

Congrats for your victory.   Roll Eyes
Timbo925

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 04:28:36 PM

Well resieved over here. Thanks again  Grin
foggyb
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 03:59:23 PM

1st place payout confirmed.

I want to thank Matthew for the inspiration.  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: