Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:35:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] 15 BTC for designing a logo  (Read 6538 times)
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 11:58:54 PM

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 12:27:38 AM

Good job tahoda. I like especially the third logo, putting the "bitcoin portal" text below Bittiraha.fi removes any symmetry issues. The box looks good in that one as well. Your submission is now definitely competitive.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 12:41:25 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2012, 01:08:54 AM by Technomage

Excellent work foggyb! At first glance this logo is epic, it's the most promising logo of all the submissions so far. It could use some work though, it's not a guaranteed winner as it is now. The colors are great choices but there is too much going on with them and both of the boxes have issues.

The box around the letter B needs to be removed entirely or changed radically, the shape doesn't mix well with the background globe. The .fi box looked perfect in some of the earlier logos but here it is too big, too pronounced. For that one I'd say keep the box but make it less pronounced.

As far as the colors are concerned, I'd suggest experimenting some more. The colors you're using are perfect but the way they are used needs to be a bit more streamlined, simpler. One option is to use the orange for the whole "Bitti" word and leave everything else as is. Another option is to leave all the colors as they are now but simply remove the orange B box, even that might work. There are probably other variations that could work, try some so we can compare.

I hope you still have it in you to do a few more tweaks, you have a good chance of winning this competition. You've done a lot of work already and regardless of the outcome, you'll get a reward. That's guaranteed.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 12:58:56 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2012, 01:13:20 AM by Technomage

I'd like to remind everyone that it is my team that will eventually review all the submissions and decide the winner. So what I think of the logos is not final in any way, the winner could turn out to be one of the older submissions regardless of what I thought of it. What I'm trying to do is push you guys to the limit and see if there is room for improvement.

Judging by the latest submissions it certainly looks like there is still room for improvement. I don't want to be hasty in choosing a logo if they get better and better as the competition matures so I will keep this competition going until I'm sure that we have enough great logos to make a decision, or until the deadline is up when my team is forced to make a decision.

Keep it guys, you're doing great work which will benefit the entire Bitcoin community.

Timbo925

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 03:17:34 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2012, 03:40:10 PM by Timbo925

Here is my first entry. Tryed to make it very clean an clear.

Second one. Mada a 3d BTC logo for this one so will try to play with that to.
But I do like this one. Has a nice feel to it imo.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 03:55:04 PM

Great entries Timbo! I especially like the black one, it's the strongest first entry in the whole competition and ranks high overall. The second one would need some work to be competitive. Thanks!

istar

Activity: 523
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 04:36:56 PM

Here is my first entry. Tryed to make it very clean an clear.

Second one. Mada a 3d BTC logo for this one so will try to play with that to.
But I do like this one. Has a nice feel to it imo.

Good to see something that looks pro (the first one.)

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
foggyb
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 05:44:50 PM

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
Timbo925

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 05:54:52 PM

Great entries Timbo! I especially like the black one, it's the strongest first entry in the whole competition and ranks high overall. The second one would need some work to be competitive. Thanks!

Thank you. Worked some more on the second one.
Used the colors of the Finnish flag for this and some minor other things. Personal find it good improvements.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 06:35:49 PM

foggyb: Nice work! I know you're probably getting frustrated by now, but I still need you to do minor tweaks. The shape of the logo or anything like that does not need to be changed anymore, it works. I need to see it with slightly different coloring. Follow these instructions, it's just two small tweaks and then you're done.

Take the third, fifth and sixth logo to be used for the tweaks. They are the best from the new bunch. Now simply change the word "Bitti" to the white color and put the orange background back to the .fi box. Leave one version where you only change the "Bitti" part and leave the .fi box as it is now, and one where you add the orange background for the .fi box and do nothing else. That's all.

Also, one of my team members asked if you could do something with Finland in the map, make it pop up a little or something. If you like you can try that for one version. Once you're done I think that your submission is as good as it'll get.

Timbo: Yes, it's better. Good work.

foggyb
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 09:07:55 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2012, 10:55:38 PM by foggyb

Update:

- added requested color variations
- tweaked .fi box placement on left column of variations
- experimented with finland map highlight
- added alternate grid-line variation
- added alternate two-tone variation suitable for print use

Update II:

- added a third alternate that deserves a look

Update III:

- forgot to mention: removed drop shadow on .fi text for all submissions

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 10:08:00 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2012, 10:22:18 PM by Technomage

foggyb: Impressive! I have nothing further to ask. I like your submissions a lot but it will be up to the whole team to decide which logo wins this competition. Edit: I like the third alternate a lot. Deserves a look alright Smiley

I'm now 100% sure that we have found a sufficient logo through this competition so there will be a winner. We are also giving a reward for the 2nd best and possibly for the 3rd best as well. There is still time to submit, we're not deciding the winner just yet.

I'll announce 24 hours in advance when we stop taking in new submissions. Not yet though, there is still plenty of time to participate. Good luck everyone. With the increased level of competition, you're going to need it.

foggyb
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 10:19:18 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2012, 10:51:25 PM by foggyb

Thanks for the opportunity, Technomage.

I enjoyed working with you.

*edit: Technogage >>  Phinnaeus Gage  Tongue

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 11:17:03 PM

The competition is nearing its end, but there is still time to participate. There are enough submissions to choose from but more is better. Smiley

bbulker

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 10:23:34 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2012, 10:48:54 AM by bbulker

Decided to make another.

Messing with colors:

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 01:14:58 PM

Thanks bbulker. It's a good looking logo but it's difficult to read the blocks as letter B right now.

Liam W

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 02:55:21 PM

I'm launching a Bitcoin web portal called "Bittiraha.fi" which is marketed to Finnish people. Bittiraha is a Finnish word which consists of two words bitti and raha and it loosely means "bitmoney". I've noticed that people tend to often call Bitcoin "bittiraha" in Finland, so it makes sense.

The site is not focused on Finland or the Finnish flag, it's focused on Bitcoin. Keep this in mind when choosing themes for your logo submissions.

Rules of the competition:

1) The logo must have the word "Bittiraha.fi" in it. Preferably spelled like that but it can also be all caps or something special if you can make it look good.

2) I am allowed to ask for small changes afterwards which are included in the 15 BTC reward.

3) I require a vector file of that logo because I need the logo for many different purposes and in many different sizes.

4) I get full rights to use and modify the logo that I have chosen.

5) I am not forced to choose any logo. This is not a competition of who is best, if none of the applicants are what I need, no one gets the bounty.

Submission deadline:

Will be announced 24 hours in advance.

Added: With the amount of participants so far, I will at least give out a bonus prize for the 2nd best!

I'll gladly answer any questions. Good luck.

I could try - I'm not a graphics expert, but I am good in photoshop Smiley
Is that OK? I do have too much spare time!
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 04:22:28 PM

I could try - I'm not a graphics expert, but I am good in photoshop Smiley
Is that OK? I do have too much spare time!
You can always try. Smiley

FastAndViral

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 10:39:42 PM

I can't do anything else or improve the one that I've made... lack of imagination.
tahoda

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 11:11:56 PM

Brilliant to see the creations people can come up with. All in one single topic. Smiley

@liamwli: try Inkscape. It's really easy to learn all the controls and it's vector as the OP requested. And don't be afraid that it won't work out. Look at the fantastic work I've started with. LOL Smiley

Tahoda
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: