Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:38:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A1BITCOINPOOL  (Read 2627 times)
A1BITCOINPOOL (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 06:22:06 PM

I have been trying for a while now to try and access the database after it was hacked and no luck.  Who ever hacked the server also emptied out all my bitcoins I was using to send payments out.  At this point A1Bitcoinpool is shut down for good. 
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:01:07 PM

Argh...

Sorry to hear that.

Not sure why the wallet would have been on the server?!?

A1BITCOINPOOL (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:02:49 PM

It was the easiest way to send payment. 
JWU42
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:17:53 PM

Sorry you had to learn a hard lesson here...

A1BITCOINPOOL (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:28:55 PM

What can I do,  I'm suspecting BULA NULA might have had something to do with this.  He is harrassing me for .96 btc and he keeps saying how vulnerable I let me server be.  But with no real proof there is nothing I can do.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:38:16 PM

OK. This really is funny as hell.

POST ALL THE LOGS YOU HAVE AND PROVE I DID ANYTHING BEFORE MAKING ACCUSATIONS LIKE THAT. I HAVE FACTS AND EVIDENCE YOU SCAMMED ME OF 0.93 BTC !

I am innocent and did not touch your shitty server, you lying scammer.

You did not pay the shares of so many people that mined for you and they can confirm that.

Typical hit and run "I got hacked so I won't pay up" scam going on here folks just like btcserv.net or mybitcoin etc.  

Meanwhile here is the real story of how he scammed ME of approximately 0.93 BTC :

I mined for him a total of 205501 shares ( this was 2 days before he supposedly got hacked - BTW a story which is probably a BS excuse )

He last paid me at 184168 shares.

He owes me 21333 shares at rate ( 60 / 1,379,647 = 0.000043489385328276 ) so total of 0.92775905 BTC.

First he tried to say that his database got hacked as well and he could not see how many shares I have submitted ( LIAR ) so as to avoid paying me that 0.93 BTC.

Proof I submitted 205501 shares right here : http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Lr_rRazJ9zoJ:www.a1bitcoinpool.com/stats.php

Now he still does NOT WANT TO PAY UP OR MINE THOSE 21333 shares. He says he does not have funds. Another lie probably. He had 4 ghash/s or more mining personally and address here with 100+ BTC at one time ( A1BitcoinPool.com - Donations: 1DodyyJvT5z6ztwFS16w5j3ZBKfTFgxBNE ).

BEWARE OF SCAMMER.

I also have the following information about him and I will be calling him tomorrow at 11 AM GMT to demand my 0.93 BTC ( I have principles, unlike him ) :

"a1bitcoin pool owes me 0.92775905 !!

Sam Theofanopoulos aka A1Bitcoinpool aka Mu50stang

(708)822-4450 mobile phone

(708)658-1540 fax

ch69evy@hotmail.com

Oak Forest, IL 

United States

http://samtheofanopoulos.point2homes.biz/

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Lr_rRazJ9zoJ:www.a1bitcoinpool.com/stats.php

his address 1DodyyJvT5z6ztwFS16w5j3ZBKfTFgxBNE"
JWU42
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:53:04 PM

A lot of anger over $4  Huh

A1BITCOINPOOL (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:56:39 PM

That's what I said.  It's making me wonder why he is causing such a problem.  I lost everything when this pool went down and he can't understand it.  I was faithfully paying everyone up untill the time it went down.

bulanula

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:59:18 PM

A lot of anger over $4  Huh

The $4 matter to me. He scammed me and I cannot take that. I will be calling him tomorrow and working towards getting him the scammer tag.

I cannot believe I am the only one that did not get paid all my shares ...

During that time my router died and my fan also died on one card so it is not over $4 but over principles. I do not like getting scammed.

Even someone who scams $1 is still a scammer and should be evicted from this community. If we let this scamming continue then I am worried about BTC's future as the currency of scammers and Nigerian princesses.

He is using the typical scammer tagline of "OMG I got hacked, my wallet is emptied and now I won't pay you at all".

He tried to lie that hacker deleted / "messed up" his shares database as an excuse to avoid paying me ...

When I gave him evidence that I DID mine 205501 shares ( http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Lr_rRazJ9zoJ:www.a1bitcoinpool.com/stats.php ) he said he had no BTC left so he still scammed me and lied to avoid payment.

He is a scammer and deserves to be labelled as such.
martychubbs

Activity: 742
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 08:44:08 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2012, 09:00:58 PM by martychubbs

Hopping with everyone's hashes and couldn't figure out how to cover up your tracks?  It looked suspect from the day it launched, but you proved to it, again.  Thanks perp...

I feel like a dummy for being "25th Idiot MartyChubbs -18,545" however, it was like a few dollars or about a day of power. Cry  Not enough to get bent over...  "Get out at 21% on the long shots" I always say. :0 

Now for  the PPS guys or gals, at least someone got paid, right?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░██████
░░██████
░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████

██████
██████
██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
bulanula

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 08:47:58 PM

Hopping with everyone's hashes and couldn't figure out how to cover up your tracks?  It looked suspect from the day it launched, but you proved to it, again.  Thanks perp...

I feel like a dummy.   Cry

Yeah. He got "hacked" is the typical excuse.

I bet there are more people that got scammed by this pathetic pool operator.

He was involved in TNTmining.com ( don't know much about that ) and other failed pools.

Judging by his 100+ BTC address "for donations" I see he has found like 2 blocks and NEVER PAID THAT 20BTC bonus either to people that found it rather choosing to hide the stats and never show a block found on website.

Look here to see how many shares he scammed you of :

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Lr_rRazJ9zoJ:www.a1bitcoinpool.com/stats.php

His address with 100+ BTC ( now he is claiming he has no BTC left to give me my owed 0.93 BTC !!! ) : 1DodyyJvT5z6ztwFS16w5j3ZBKfTFgxBNE 

Lame ass excuse "MY POOL GOT HACKED" scammer.
jake262144

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 09:02:43 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2012, 09:17:56 PM by jake262144

Not that I mean to kick you while you're down, A1, but I tried to raise the red flag early on only to have my posts removed.
You are an incompetent anyone with half a brain should keep away from.

You yourself admitted that a friend set up that pool for you.
You are the one who couldn't figure a trivial command-line miner out.

Isn't this your second pool that died a horrible death?
I sincerely hope there won't be a third, for the miners' sake.

Remember my previous posts about A1BITCOINPOOL Bulanula?
I tried to warn you...
JWU42
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 09:05:42 PM

Bulanula,

PM me an address and I'll send you the BTC  Grin

When you (we) are jumping in and getting better than market returns it is NOT without risk.

I lost out on 20-30K shares as well (maybe more).  I am upset about it and if it is proven he scammed me then I will be very loud about it.  To that end, I do believe he is innocent until proven guilty?!?

someone703

Activity: 943
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 09:09:59 PM

I'm in the same boat here too.

I had about 20k unpaid shares since that cached page you linked probably didn't get the latest updated numbers.

But according to that I guess 16k shares which would've been 0.7765087 BTC.

Had asked him the previous night to pay out too and he said he would in the morning and then he got hacked.

Considering you were able to find that cached page he should at least make attempts to pay out for work done.  The onus of a poorly secured server/site should be on him, not us.

Plus if he has like 4+ ghash/s of his own mining power he could easily pay off a majority of the smaller amounts owed to people easily in a few days to a week (which has nearly if not already passed) instead of just saying "so sorry".  Hell, he could mine and pay me Bulanula in a day and have some spare BTC to put towards someone else.

And yea, it sort of is the principle of the matter more than the amount.  Although considering I've just started into bitcoin mining and with my hashing power every bit counts and my unpaid shares is pretty much a days worth gone poof when I'm still working towards mining to pay off initial investment in my 5970 and bitcoin prices dropping lol.

Edit: Fixing typos, sorry I'm sick so my head isn't too clear at the moment.

bulanula

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 09:11:08 PM

Bulanula,

PM me an address and I'll send you the BTC  Grin

When you (we) are jumping in and getting better than market returns it is NOT without risk.

I lost out on 20-30K shares as well (maybe more).  I am upset about it and if it is proven he scammed me then I will be very loud about it.  To that end, I do believe he is innocent until proven guilty?!?

Thank you very much for the kind offer JWU42.

I am not making such a big fuss about me losing $4. I am not a child. I am trying to make a point here.

If people are very lenient ( "Oh, I lost $4, I don't care" ) about getting scammed like this then the scamming WILL continue which damages BTC.

If people are very upset ( even about a measly sum like $4, like I am ) and the scammer gets outed then we will hopefully see less and less scams like this being done on the unsuspecting miner.

He will not pay any of us and refuses to pay citing lack of funds ( when he clearly has a personal 4ghash/s miner + 100BTC on the pool's "donation" address + probably found 2 blocks without giving any of us the 20BTC block finder bonus ).

I would say you got scammed, as I and someone703 did. Angry

I am personally forking the bill to phone that US phone ( bill from the UK to the US will probably be more than the $4 I lost but I am trying to make a statement against these scammers ) tomorrow at 11 AM GMT just to show this scammer ( and others like him ) that they will NOT easily get away with this kind of behavior as previously thought.  
martychubbs

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 09:17:20 PM

Hopping with everyone's hashes and couldn't figure out how to cover up your tracks?  It looked suspect from the day it launched, but you proved to it, again.  Thanks perp...

I feel like a dummy.   Cry

Yeah. He got "hacked" is the typical excuse.

I bet there are more people that got scammed by this pathetic pool operator.

He was involved in TNTmining.com ( don't know much about that ) and other failed pools.

Judging by his 100+ BTC address "for donations" I see he has found like 2 blocks and NEVER PAID THAT 20BTC bonus either to people that found it rather choosing to hide the stats and never show a block found on website.

Look here to see how many shares he scammed you of :

His address with 100+ BTC ( now he is claiming he has no BTC left to give me my owed 0.93 BTC !!! ) : 1DodyyJvT5z6ztwFS16w5j3ZBKfTFgxBNE  

Lame ass excuse "MY POOL GOT HACKED" scammer.

http://www.ic3.gov/crimeschemes.aspx

PONZI/PYRAMID
Ponzi or pyramid schemes are investment scams in which investors are promised abnormally high profits on their investments. No investment is actually made. Early investors are paid returns with the investment money received from the later investors. The system usually collapses. The later investors do not receive dividends and lose their initial investment.

If you believe you may have fallen victim to this type of scam and wish to report it, please file a complaint with us.

And 2 blocks indeed http://blockchain.info/address/8c7383cf30e92ec1b7b17ec576671f31a84fff88

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:LeGdJMCNDC4J:www.a1bitcoinpool.com/index.php+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&lr=lang_cs%7Clang_en%7Clang_fr%7Clang_de%7Clang_ja%7Clang_ru%7Clang_es%7Clang_vi

Welcome to A1BitcoinPool.com

If you are a new user, please create an account. Then click "Getting Started", and follow the instructions on that page.

Introducing A1 Bitcoin Mining Pool!

www.A1BitcoinPool.com

Pool Specs

Featuring Proportional Payout System with 0% Fee
High speed server with i7 Quad Core CPU & 8 GB Ram
Super fast pool back end running the incredibly efficient java based PoolserverJ RC7
including its Local WorkMaker Engine with gives work at up to 10X Faster than Traditional Bitcoin RPC

Payout system information

The proportional payout system has recently become very controversial due to the fact that it is possible for pool hoppers to exploit the system and increase their profits, possibly at the expense of other miners.

Proportional payouts are the first payout system ever used in a Bitcoin pool and are still being used today including by the infamous Deepbit

Although there are other payout options available to miners and mining pools that are much less exploitable, proportional payouts are still in demand by some miners and it is currently the only payout system that we offer.

For more detailed information on all the payout systems available to mining pools including proportional - please follow this link: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_pool_reward_FAQle

We believe it should be your choice to pick the pool and the type of payout system you want to use, please use the information available to become acquainted with Proportional payouts, by mining at our pool we assume that you understand how payouts work and that you are willingly choosing to mine Proportional despite the potential for someone to exploit it.

We want you to be informed and most of all we want you to mine with us because you want to - we do not want anyone to ever feel like they were tricked or scammed, that is not what we are about.

History of A1BitcoinPool.com I have always dreamed of running my own Bitcoin pool, Unfortunately I am not a programmer but through the help of some friends and opensource software I was able to realize this dream.

My first attempt at starting a pool was TNTMining.com, There were a lot of mistakes made at TNTMining.com due to my inexperience and that inexperience showed. TNTMining quickly failed and was taken off line. Any miner who submitted any substantial amount of shares at TNTMining.com was paid for their mining even though no blocks were solved at all, I did not want anyone to feel like they were short changed.

Although TNTMining.com was a failure I still wanted to give it one more try, so I came up with the idea of A1BitcoinPool.com, I made some changes like putting it on a faster server, and changed the way the site looks and operates. The reason I changed the name was because I wanted a fresh start, it was never about a scam I just did not want the baggage from TNTMining sinking A1BitcoinPool before it even starts, a lot of people throw around the word scammer but the fact of the matter is not a single person can say I have ever scammed them in any way, and I know if you give me and my pool a chance you will see that I am honest and a great person to work with.

So please give us a chance and come mine with us and if there is constructive criticism any one has on how I can make improvements - I am always listening!

Most of all above everything else I LOVE BITCOIN and I wanted to do something to contribute to it.

So come MINE WITH US ! The First Block finder gets a 20 BTC Bonus !

A1 Bitcoin Mining Pool - www.A1BitcoinPool.com

0% FEE - PLAIN AND SIMPLE PROP PAYOUTS

email a1bitcoinpool@gmail.com

p.s. our logo is a complete rip off from A1 Sauce, its supposed to be a joke - lighten up!

I wonder what www.kraftbrands.com/a1 will think when they find out that their brand was allegedly used in a scam?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░██████
░░██████
░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████

██████
██████
██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
martychubbs

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 09:28:11 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2012, 09:52:24 PM by martychubbs

I have been trying for a while now to try and access the database after it was hacked and no luck.  Who ever hacked the server also emptied out all my bitcoins I was using to send payments out.  At this point A1Bitcoinpool is shut down for good.  

Are you denying you were indeed operating a proxy and did find 2 blocks prior to closing down your pool to avoid paying for the electricity you used to make $420 at current market rate? and are not paying out on a proportional basis per the offer put forth by your home page and the consideration verified by the stats on your website?  From the cashed copy of the top 30 hash rate cashed by Google? 

I thing the authorities should be involved.  Clearly the value of the BTC and electricity warrant a serous penalty.

Chicago Criminal Lawyer Explains: Illinois Penalties and Jail Time

The penalty for theft in Illinois is dependent upon the value of the amount stolen, the higher the value of the property stolen the more severe the penalty, and whether it was stolen from a person and where the offense took place. Generally, if the theft occurred at a place of worship, school or of government property, the crime is enhanced to one of the fours classes of a felony charge. Felony thefts can include car theft, credit card theft, felony larceny, fraud and embezzlement.

If the value of the stolen property is $300 or less and it was not stolen directly from another person or from a retail store, then the theft charge is Class A Misdemeanor which carries a possible sentence of up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $2,500. Many shoplifting charges fall under this category.

http://www.freddry.com/blog/illinois-theft-robbery-charges.html  however, I am not making claim that I know who the operator is...  I just took Ill by example.  

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░██████
░░██████
░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████

██████
██████
██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
someone703

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 09:33:57 PM

I had also noticed like a day or two after starting to mine on his pool that it showed a block being found by several people since he had a little box on the side to display the last 5 people who found blocks.

Thought it was odd cause it was there and said that 5 people had found the same block and then later on that information was gone.

I PM'd another person mining on there and they responded saying they noticed the same and had screenshot'd it but said it was probably a glitch.

Here's the contents of what they said (don't have the contents of the PM I sent them asking about it):

I saw the same thing, asked the same thing, and got a similar answer.  It's shown that we've found a block quite a few times.  There isn't really a way to see who found a block unless you know the BTC address of the pool.  More specifically, the BTC address of the client the pool has everyone's miners "pointed" to.  There's a site around here somewhere that tracks which pools found which blocks, but I can't remember the name or URL.  They have a list of the common pools and their addresses and they match 'em up.  I doubt A1 is in there because they've never found a block, so it's impossible to know what BTC address it went to (without asking the pool operator).

I took a screenshot when it showed block 165,239 was found.  It showed that 3 people found the block (impossible) and two of those people found it twice (even more impossible, of course).  He's certainly having some weird issues.

Given the fact that he's offered to pay people 120 percent per share to find the first block, I don't suspect any foul play.  Still odd though...  I actually just moved my hashing power away because I was losing all sorts of BTC by mining proportional.  I was going for the 20BTC reward on the first block found.  I asked to switch to PPS and haven't gotten a response for a bit, so I switched away until I hear back.

bulanula

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 09:37:05 PM

I had also noticed like a day or two after starting to mine on his pool that it showed a block being found by several people since he had a little box on the side to display the last 5 people who found blocks.

Thought it was odd cause it was there and said that 5 people had found the same block and then later on that information was gone.

I PM'd another person mining on there and they responded saying they noticed the same and had screenshot'd it but said it was probably a glitch.

Here's the contents of what they said (don't have the contents of the PM I sent them asking about it):

I saw the same thing, asked the same thing, and got a similar answer.  It's shown that we've found a block quite a few times.  There isn't really a way to see who found a block unless you know the BTC address of the pool.  More specifically, the BTC address of the client the pool has everyone's miners "pointed" to.  There's a site around here somewhere that tracks which pools found which blocks, but I can't remember the name or URL.  They have a list of the common pools and their addresses and they match 'em up.  I doubt A1 is in there because they've never found a block, so it's impossible to know what BTC address it went to (without asking the pool operator).

I took a screenshot when it showed block 165,239 was found.  It showed that 3 people found the block (impossible) and two of those people found it twice (even more impossible, of course).  He's certainly having some weird issues.

Given the fact that he's offered to pay people 120 percent per share to find the first block, I don't suspect any foul play.  Still odd though...  I actually just moved my hashing power away because I was losing all sorts of BTC by mining proportional.  I was going for the 20BTC reward on the first block found.  I asked to switch to PPS and haven't gotten a response for a bit, so I switched away until I hear back.

Yes. I also saw that. Not only did he scam me on the PPS offer off $4 but he also denied people like AniceInovation / sveetsnelda which had about 30+ ghash/s of that 20BTC block bonus probably.
someone703

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 09:42:16 PM

I see, it was actually sveetsnelda that I PM'd who gave me that response back.

Figured someone who had quite a bit of hashing power and been around longer would be more knowledgeable about something odd like that.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: