Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:37:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin can not continue without regulation  (Read 1658 times)
helmax (OP)

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:11:24 PM

we have a lot companies BFL, hashfast, KNC, Cointerra ...

steal money from customers, must go out one solution for protect customers

like paypal protection

looking job
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:13:24 PM

like paypal protection

no.. your thinking about consumer protection for businesses. which i agree we should have. but we do not need bitcoin currency regulation

atleast learn the difference between the two

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
helmax (OP)

Activity: 440

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:16:30 PM

but is impossible protect customer if not have any regulation in contry
for processe the company do not follow the rulles

looking job
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:42:56 PM

like paypal protection

The market does provide protection, these places will go out of business. The traditional consumer protection apparatus is more than enough and it is incumbent on us as currency holders to do our due diligence. The idea that we run to our governments to protect us from bad decisions is contrary to what this currency and technology is all about.

scribbles

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:43:45 PM

It is not impossible, as you say, to protect the customer without regulation. While I would agree that currently bitcoin payment protocol by most businesses requires you to put all of your trust in the business (like believing a company will ship on time the ASIC miner you purchased with bitcoin  Wink ), government oversight of the currency isn't an acceptable solution, nor a feasible one with how bitcoin has been structured.

I don't know what solutions are to come for consumer protection, but I believe human ingenuity will rise to the occasion without undercutting the philosophy and premise of bitcoin.

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:46:00 PM

It is not impossible, as you say, to protect the customer without regulation. While I would agree that currently bitcoin payment protocol by most businesses requires you to put all of your trust in the business (like believing a company will ship on time the ASIC miner you purchased with bitcoin  Wink ), government oversight of the currency isn't an acceptable solution, nor a feasible one with how bitcoin has been structured.

I don't know what solutions are to come for consumer protection, but I believe human ingenuity will rise to the occasion without undercutting the philosophy and premise of bitcoin.

Well said. A lot of this is uncharted territory. That is good and bad in ways. It drives innovation for sure but on the other side people do get hurt by bad actors.

Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:51:38 PM

This is common sense. Don't be a pissy kid and bitch about regulations - they are all that's saving you from being ripped off blind in mainstream commerce in day to day life. Anyone who thinks they know better probably never had to deal with such people in the first place.

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:53:37 PM

This is common sense. Don't be a pissy kid and bitch about regulations - they are all that's saving you from being ripped off blind in mainstream commerce in day to day life. Anyone who thinks they know better probably never had to deal with such people in the first place.

To each his own. You can trust your bloated bureaucracy and I will trust myself. 

Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:55:44 PM

To each his own. You can trust your bloated bureaucracy and I will trust myself. 

Bloated bureaucracy is but a symptom, and something to manage. I trust myself to navigate them. After living around the world, I learned that there are many greater problems than those of 1st world nations.
Finchy

Activity: 315

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:10:42 PM

It doesnt need regulation but some will come.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:11:40 PM

Of course it can and will continue without regulations. That's not to say some services wont spring up to protect consumers though. Thefts and frauds will still be liable to punishment by law etc.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:14:24 PM

Trust me, PayPal is the worst example of a fair regulation you can give right now. I don't think Bitcoin needs regulation, I think people need to use common sense and use escrow more.
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 05:16:35 PM

Of course it can and will continue without regulations. That's not to say some services wont spring up to protect consumers though. Thefts and frauds will still be liable to punishment by law etc.

Working on it Smiley

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:53:06 AM

Bloated bureaucracy is but a symptom, and something to manage. I trust myself to navigate them. After living around the world, I learned that there are many greater problems than those of 1st world nations.

We should have not need to waste our time and resources to navigate them. That is inefficient and a waste. Not sure what in the world that has to do with the first or third world's problems but okay.

PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:11:57 AM

It is consumer protection you are thinking about, not regulation for bitcoin. The problem we often face is the inability to link an address to a person or a company, that is why scammers get away so easily.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:54:27 AM

The laws still apply to companies who rip people off.
It does not matter if they produce bitcoin items, or anything. law is still the law.

saying that, people need to be taught a lesson so they stop scamming!

Sydboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:18:25 PM

Agreed, we need justice! just a few scammers need to be taught a lesson
Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:34:30 PM

like paypal protection

The market does provide protection, these places will go out of business. The traditional consumer protection apparatus is more than enough and it is incumbent on us as currency holders to do our due diligence. The idea that we run to our governments to protect us from bad decisions is contrary to what this currency and technology is all about.

This. Companies that earn the trust of their customers will grow while people will warn others regarding scamming companies. We have the Internet. We can use it do communicate and share our experiences with different businesses. And thats enough!
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:32:49 PM

like paypal protection

This. Companies that earn the trust of their customers will grow while people will warn others regarding scamming companies. We have the Internet. We can use it do communicate and share our experiences with different businesses. And thats enough!

Even the small market in this website is a great example. Reputation is everything in a bit coin economy. There is no government backing for bad actors. I fyou scam or just make stupid decisions your ability to do business is gone.

LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 04:34:17 AM

like paypal protection

I'm sorry but I wonder how someone who makes a post like this remembers how to breathe.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: