Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:27:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTCJam] Scammer Index  (Read 987 times)
wrayjustin (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 05:05:10 PM

Hey Lenders,

For those of you who use BTCJam, I've put together a site that allows lenders to submit those who are failing to meet their payment obligations or have defaulted.

BTCJam Scam http://btcjamscam.com

You can submit your note information, as well as any information you can find on the Scammer. This allows public shaming and, with good SEO, should cause their scam to show up when people Google their real name (so long as you actually have their real name). It can also potentially stop others from getting scammed by the same user.

You can search by their Username, Real Name, Email, etc. Submitting a scammer is easy and the form provides a lot of built in identification fields (which are optional), it also allows you to provide an "offer" to the scammer for settling the debt.

We all know BTCJam can be great - but we need to protect ourselfs and impose steep penalties for defaulting.

Any questions, comments, or feedback, please do let me know!

Happy Loaning!
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 05:09:12 PM

If you want to track them down give me first name last name and a state they have lived in.

I will give you the dox,
Call them and confirm the number,
Send someone to knock on the door and confirm it is them,
Network you with a lawyer and process server, that can help.

mdzedzej

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:52:01 PM

If you want to track them down give me first name last name and a state they have lived in.

I will give you the dox,

sure lol send someone to knock on someones door...... HAHAHAH better hope its not someone in the south who knows the law, scammer or no scammer, you could get someone killed....
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 05:57:03 PM

I will give you the dox,

sure lol send someone to knock on someones door...... HAHAHAH better hope its not someone in the south who knows the law, scammer or no scammer, you could get someone killed....

Yes because I would send someone to someone house and knock and say "hey you owe so and so coins" Give me a break.
They could be a pizza delivery driver with the wrong address
A electrical tech with a report of out power
Phone tech checking to make sure the internet/phone is working
Or any other random service person that knocks on the door.

No law says it is illegal in any state to knock on a door and ask if someone lives there, if they shoot that person the will be go to prison North, South, East or West.

jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:05:59 PM

Well , I've quit BTCJam since I got scammed out of all that I invested there.

What exactly classifies a scammer ? Anyone who has stopped communication for how long ?

https://btcjam.com/listings/7924 ( Link here )

He has been identity verified , so that may help.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
mdzedzej

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:21:20 PM

I will give you the dox,

Yes because I would send someone to someone house and knock and say "hey you owe so and so coins" Give me a break.
They could be a pizza delivery driver with the wrong address
A electrical tech with a report of out power
Phone tech checking to make sure the internet/phone is working
Or any other random service person that knocks on the door.

No law says it is illegal in any state to knock on a door and ask if someone lives there, if they shoot that person the will be go to prison North, South, East or West.

ahhh sorry i was assuming you were going to send a "collector" Tongue sorry lol

***knock knock, " PAY BACK THE COINS YOU STOLE!!!" ****

Campsis

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

WW3

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:02:57 PM

Thanks for the info quite interesting i must say  Cool!

So what actually happens if you default? I didn't think there are people who would default haha, well i suppose people who are not verified would find it hard to obtain any size of loan, i myself am fully verified and had borrowed many times and have never defaulted and have no intention to, i currently hold A- rating, i will be at A+ soon. However, i would never trust investing into someone below C+ rating.

I use BTCjam alot, so far i have had big success with it!
Ideally i'm looking to get 25 BTC loan to put a deposit on a house Smiley

Campsis

WW3

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:18:50 PM

OP

I was wondering if you ould answer this;

If i borrow 1BTC for $650 and my weekly payments are 0.3
What if in a week btc goes to $1400 does that mean i will need to buy 0.3btc at $1400=1btc and pay back more money ?

Or will i need to pay 0.3btc at $650 rate, but how is bitcoin calculated when i pay the loan off? I don't understand

wrayjustin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 03:55:09 AM

I will give you the dox,

I am adding the ability to edit existing postings with any of the missing fields.  Feel free to go through and update them with further identifying information if you can.  I'll report back here once that feature is fully added.

Well , I've quit BTCJam since I got scammed out of all that I invested there.

What exactly classifies a scammer ? Anyone who has stopped communication for how long ?

https://btcjam.com/listings/7924 ( Link here )

He has been identity verified , so that may help.

For the purposes of BTCJam Scam a Scammer is someone who is behind on their payment by 30 days (or more) and is not communicating with their creditors OR someone who has defaulted.

Feel free to post the information you have on that note, and I can try and add more identifying information after your initial posting.

Thanks for the info quite interesting i must say  Cool!

So what actually happens if you default? I didn't think there are people who would default haha, well i suppose people who are not verified would find it hard to obtain any size of loan, i myself am fully verified and had borrowed many times and have never defaulted and have no intention to, i currently hold A- rating, i will be at A+ soon. However, i would never trust investing into someone below C+ rating.

You sound like one of the good borrowers, for that, I thank you.  When honest people borrow money, the site is a great benefit to the Bitcoin community.

That said, let me start off with saying this:  Don't default.  If you get in to trouble financially, communicate, and work it out with the creditors.

To answer your question, the loans are legally binding, once you default they are sent to Arbitration.  Once arbitration is awarded in favor of the lenders, they can file judgements within a local court in your area and begin collections.  Obviously, laws, circumstances, and outcomes all dictate how much, if any, would be recovered - but it's still a tarnishing event regardless.

OP

I was wondering if you ould answer this;

If i borrow 1BTC for $650 and my weekly payments are 0.3
What if in a week btc goes to $1400 does that mean i will need to buy 0.3btc at $1400=1btc and pay back more money ?

Or will i need to pay 0.3btc at $650 rate, but how is bitcoin calculated when i pay the loan off? I don't understand

This depends, BTCJam has loans that are fully in Bitcoin.  Meaning if you borrow 1 BTC, you'll owe 1 BTC (plus interest) regardless of it's future value.  BTCJam also has loans that are tied to the current Bitcoin price.  So if you borrow 1 BTC, which at the time is worth $650, you'll owe $650 USD (plus interest) in whatever value of Bitcoin that is at the time of payment.

Hope this helps clear that up.
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:01:26 AM

I will give you the dox,

Do you really think it is easy to obtain that information? 9/10 chances scammers will not reveal their full name and/or state.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
wrayjustin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 04:12:09 AM

I will give you the dox,

Do you really think it is easy to obtain that information? 9/10 chances scammers will not reveal their full name and/or state.

You'd be surprised.  In order to get a decent rating, and therefore a loan, they have to provide quite a bit of information.  If they default, that information is turned over to the creditors.

But, even before they default, you'd be surprised how much information can be easily found on someone.

Scroll through any of the current Scammers listed on BTCJam Scam from "Automated BTCJam ScamScan" - All of this information was found WITHOUT the site turning it over.  Some of them have quite a bit of public information.
wrayjustin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 06:46:50 AM

I will give you the dox,

Alright, you can now Update a listing filling in missing fields.
impresionesmline

Activity: 222

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:32:18 PM

This is a good initiative thanks for the page.
Campsis

WW3

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:10:58 PM

OP, just another quick question.

Would you happen to know, if my loan request gets funded how long can i wait before i activate it ?

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:29:07 PM

OP, just another quick question.

Would you happen to know, if my loan request gets funded how long can i wait before i activate it ?

Thanks for the info quite interesting i must say  Cool!

Since you use it a LOT and have big success, shouldn't you know?
In case you have not read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=605994.0

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: