Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:46:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello All :)  (Read 1185 times)
RainMan28 (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:59:01 PM

Hi everyone,

I started out using Bitcoin in 2013 and have been enjoying the ride so far. I really think Bitcoin will be changing the world and am more excited about the network and the applications of something as powerful as the blockchain rather than simply the price of the bitcoin currency itself.

I feel that the entire idea of a global, public ledger will help the world become more united and usher in a new era of people feeling as if they are citizens of the planet versus just citizens of a specific country or state.

Thanks for reading. Smiley

BTC: 18BEi5vPrPPYETiQt5eG9Sjjyt9DHorfYq
bellgarath1

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:16:42 AM

I think bitcoin scares the centralized banks and the government, as they can not control and manipulate.  I for see more attempts buy countries to band the currency.

What do the rest of you think?
Reclaim3r

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:57:42 AM

I think bitcoin scares the centralized banks and the government, as they can not control and manipulate.  I for see more attempts buy countries to band the currency.

I have to agree with you. The anonymity and inability for nations or federal banks to control it invokes fear in many nations. However, if Bitcoin manages to garnish more attention by the citizens of those nations ( which I am confident will happen ) the governments, banks, corporations, etc. that fear it must accept it. Despite different forms of government, Democracy, even in its most primitive roots, shall prevail. Even if countries ban Bitcoin, new cryptocurrencies such as Darkcoin and Zerocoin so on and so forth, will permeate the very networks and exchanges they have attempted to eradicate Bitcoin from. It is a near-futile attempt. Long live Bitcoin  Grin
Glizlack

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:21:34 AM

The cool thing is with the blockchain you can track government spending if they was using bitcoins or a like coin. Makes things much more transparent doesn't it. So we know the odds of getting most politicians to approve that is right around 0%. Hopefully more small countries become much more accountable then force the larger ones into with public pressure from seeing the results in other countries.

We can dream can't we lol

Steve

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:08:00 AM

welcome to the forums.
enjoy the kool-aid!

I disagree about public ledger, but you are right it will certainly have its strongpoints.. I guess peopl with nothing to hide will welcome it, and others... well lets just say they wont heh

Peter882

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:30:46 AM

I think bitcoin scares the centralized banks and the government, as they can not control and manipulate.  I for see more attempts buy countries to band the currency.

Agree. The governments have very limited control on bitcoin, and they are certainly not happy about that. Smiley

bellgarath1

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:31:38 PM

I have to agree with Glizlack.

I think the gov'ts and banks want to kill or destroy anything they can not control and profit off of.

Jerry
TolkenP

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:28:11 PM

Hello Smiley
RainMan28 (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:53:11 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Glad to be a part of the community.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:54:31 AM

Welcome to the community!
busterroni

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:45:13 AM

Welcome Cheesy
vincentvincent

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:13:16 PM

Hi there!

I expect cryptocurrency to become very important. And it's great fun too trying to understand how this works.
RainMan28 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:52:53 PM

Thanks everyone! Smiley

Just posting my BTC wallet address to make sure my account is recoverable in case it is ever hijacked. Advise anyone else who hasn't posted a wallet address that they own yet to do so to protect their account.

18BEi5vPrPPYETiQt5eG9Sjjyt9DHorfYq

Mikez

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:17:55 PM

You can also send a PM to the user DefaultTrust.
Admin notes:    This account is admin-managed.

busterroni

Activity: 277

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:14:12 PM

Thanks everyone! Smiley

Just posting my BTC wallet address to make sure my account is recoverable in case it is ever hijacked. Advise anyone else who hasn't posted a wallet address that they own yet to do so to protect their account.

Good idea. Here's my address: 1H5a4QBemypd6SBQjKnK76dw4KbmoLicz9
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:18:03 AM

Thanks everyone! Smiley

How does posting your address help recover your account in case it is hijacked?
RainMan28 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:45:45 AM

Thanks everyone! Smiley

Good question. So the way it works is that if your account was to be hijacked, you would be able to sign a message from your Bitcoin wallet and send that to the board's admins, using the address that you've posted here to prove that you do own that address. Once an admin sees that you do actually own that address, it is obvious that you also own the account and you will be able to get your account back.

The reason we are posting it is because even if the account hijacker was to try to edit/delete the post, the admins still can see the original post that was made and will be able to verify it.

Pkofet

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:32:41 AM

Thanks everyone! Smiley

Good question. So the way it works is that if your account was to be hijacked, you would be able to sign a message from your Bitcoin wallet and send that to the board's admins, using the address that you've posted here to prove that you do own that address. Once an admin sees that you do actually own that address, it is obvious that you also own the account and you will be able to get your account back.

The reason we are posting it is because even if the account hijacker was to try to edit/delete the post, the admins still can see the original post that was made and will be able to verify it.

The exact account recovery process is described here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

chaosPT

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:54:06 AM

Hi everyone,

I started out using Bitcoin in 2013 and have been enjoying the ride so far. I really think Bitcoin will be changing the world and am more excited about the network and the applications of something as powerful as the blockchain rather than simply the price of the bitcoin currency itself.

I feel that the entire idea of a global, public ledger will help the world become more united and usher in a new era of people feeling as if they are citizens of the planet versus just citizens of a specific country or state.

Thanks for reading. Smiley

What i remember from 2013 the bitcoin price are low do you manange to save any bitcoin for your self ?
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:49:40 PM

The exact account recovery process is described here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

Interesting. It didn't strike me at first that accounts here could be valuable and could be hacked. Now I see it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: