Bitcoin Forum
July 22, 2024, 01:37:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US Government Defies Court Order & Destroys Evidence of NSA Spying  (Read 1112 times)
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:14:23 PM

It's a matter of national security.

Yeah... this is the excuse which is being made to spy on everyone's social media accounts. I don't understand what they are going to achieve by spying on normal citizens. A complete waste of taxpayer's money.
If the PR is wrong about them allegedly wanting to stop terrorism and in fact wanting to set up Orwell's 1984 then they're doing a fine job at it. But, the pendulum may very well swing back in the other direction and I know that Rand is going to make this whole ordeal a linchpin of his Prez run.

Yes. This next election will be crucial. Does anyone really trust Hillary to reign in the surveillance state? Our grand experiment is in doubt if we get much further down this path.

I do not think the next elections will change the mass surveillance program, they will stop at nothing. If they do not have your data, you are a 'terrorist'.
Of course, this program can be used to get of political opponents, crush dissidents etc - in the same way that mass surveillance was used in Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union.
The best chances to avoid it is to use cryptographic tools and "going dark".

Rand Paul is very anti surveillance state. He is one of the few candidates for president in my lifetime that actually would make things better. Sadly the establishment republican party will go after him with a vengeance as the primary season kicks off. 

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: