Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:57:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Climate change is real  (Read 1728 times)
N12 (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:15:44 PM

Just wait, Oldminer. You are a fool and remind me of the people who find climate change a lie because it’s been a cold winter this year.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:26:08 PM

Just wait, Oldminer. You are a fool and remind me of the people who find climate change a lie because it’s been a cold winter this year.

Climate change is a lie actually lol

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 07:30:27 PM

Well, climate change isn't a lie per se, but anthropomorphic global warming is a complete and utter scam. You get funded if you say humans are causing all the heating, and you get no funding if you say otherwise. The big governments are happy to push this lie with "science" to support their ideals, namely, that all the rich countries need to stop polluting and using fossil fuels, etc. Meanwhile, we've had much higher temperatures in the past, we've had much lower temperatures in the past, and we have ample proof of this. But there's no money/power to be had by saying that the sun, atmosphere, earth, etc. are all doing their own thing. So instead, let's shoot ourselves in the foot to "save" the planet. Yawn.

Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:33:58 PM

Well, climate change isn't a lie per se, but anthropomorphic global warming is a complete and utter scam. You get funded if you say humans are causing all the heating, and you get no funding if you say otherwise. The big governments are happy to push this lie with "science" to support their ideals, namely, that all the rich countries need to stop polluting and using fossil fuels, etc. Meanwhile, we've had much higher temperatures in the past, we've had much lower temperatures in the past, and we have ample proof of this. But there's no money/power to be had by saying that the sun, atmosphere, earth, etc. are all doing their own thing. So instead, let's shoot ourselves in the foot to "save" the planet. Yawn.

See not everyone agrees with your POV Blitzboom  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
N12 (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:36:35 PM

Forever alone contrarian. Cheesy
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:46:59 PM

Forever alone contrarian. Cheesy

lol..hey thats my stance  Grin

arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 11:51:03 PM

it's nice to see that you're familiar with what the scientific consensus is regarding the issue.

oh wait... you didn't mention it at all.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
N12 (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 11:54:24 PM

it's nice to see that you're familiar with what the scientific consensus is regarding the issue.

The scientific consensus is dictated by the Rothschilds to enslave humanity obviously.
trogdorjw73

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 01:11:23 AM

The scientific consensus is dictated by the Rothschilds to enslave humanity obviously.
Right now, there is so much unscientific BS going on with the AGW claims that you might as well declare it a state religion rather than hard science. From major climate change centers fudging numbers (and then conveniently losing data), to bad models, to government appointees that aren't scientists rewriting articles.... What is the scientific consensus? That a lot of people think we're causing change, or that there's change and we're not sure what exactly is causing it or what will happen next? The true scientists will almost universally agree with the latter. But instead, big government steps in and offers massive funding to ANYONE that will support their ideals of social engineering and wealth redistribution, so we get a "consensus" supported by billions and billions of dollars in funding. That is NOT science.

foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 01:38:46 AM

Right now, there is so much unscientific BS going on with the AGW claims that you might as well declare it a state religion rather than hard science.

It should be obvious to everyone, but I think Jersey Shore and Justin Bieber have melted everyone's brains.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 01:41:10 AM

Right now, there is so much unscientific BS going on with the AGW claims that you might as well declare it a state religion rather than hard science.

It should be obvious to everyone, but I think Jersey Shore and Justin Bieber have melted everyone's brains.

History will see our era as the lost era.  Imagine where we would be without video games and reality tv.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Electricbees

Activity: 322

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 04:18:27 AM

History will see our era as the lost era.  Imagine where we would be without video games and reality tv.
I read this and instantly pictured a MUCH better world. We're in a cultural black hole that texts will refer to as the dim-ages... Not quite collapsed, but  close enough to make note of it. Tongue

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
BCMan

Activity: 535

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 04:26:00 AM

History will see our era as the lost era.  Imagine where we would be without video games and reality tv.
What's wrong with video games? Are you one of these? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMgyMh01DbA
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 04:45:20 AM

Right now, there is so much unscientific BS going on with the AGW claims that you might as well declare it a state religion rather than hard science. From major climate change centers fudging numbers (and then conveniently losing data), to bad models, to government appointees that aren't scientists rewriting articles.... What is the scientific consensus? That a lot of people think we're causing change, or that there's change and we're not sure what exactly is causing it or what will happen next? The true scientists will almost universally agree with the latter. But instead, big government steps in and offers massive funding to ANYONE that will support their ideals of social engineering and wealth redistribution, so we get a "consensus" supported by billions and billions of dollars in funding. That is NOT science.

it's funny how you STILL haven't mentioned scientific consensus. you should probably stop spewing things you think you know and do some research; that was what the first not-so-subtle hint was for.

this is what scientific consensus looks like.

"97–98% of the most published climate researchers think humans are causing global warming.[35] Another study found 97.4% of publishing climatologists and just under 90% of all earth scientists think significant man made global warming is occurring.[36]"

[35]^ Anderegg, William R L; James W. Prall, Jacob Harold, and Stephen H. Schneider (2010). "Expert credibility in climate change". PNAS. Retrieved 22 August 2011.
[36]^ Doran consensus article 2009

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 04:56:31 AM

how many of them are out of the job if global warming isn't real?

(i don't care if its man made or not, we don't need to fix it IMO, the world has existed through worse things then a few parasitic humans)

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 05:00:27 AM

sigh... arepo, I bet you didn't even read the Schneider paper. It is like 3 pages long.

97–98% of the most published climate researchers think humans are causing global warming.

This is a technical paper, each of these terms has a specific meaning:
1) most published
2) climate researchers
3) think
4) humans are causing
5) global warming

As an experiment, guess what they mean then go read the paper to see how much they match up with the technical definitions. There are a whole bunch of threads about this in politics, I would suggest moving this there.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 05:53:44 AM

how many of them are out of the job if global warming isn't real?

(i don't care if its man made or not, we don't need to fix it IMO, the world has existed through worse things then a few parasitic humans)

wow.

None of them are out of a job if it "isn't real". Scientists measured the stats and did the analysis. The analysis was that we were causing harm. You're saying they should only be paid if they answered a certain way, which is ridiculous (except maybe in the US).

You're right in that the Earth won't care...Humans however probably won't take your suicide alternative.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 06:03:32 AM

History will see our era as the lost era.  Imagine where we would be without video games and reality tv.
What's wrong with video games? Are you one of these? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMgyMh01DbA

Meh, it's just at this point I understand what a waste of time they are.  I've spent many a day's time in front of my computer without producing anything of value.  Sure, I got some nice neurotransmitters, and it insulated my young mind from the harsh realities of our world.  But, there as so much better things I could have spent my time doing, like learning or programming.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
trogdorjw73

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 06:20:56 AM

sigh... arepo, I bet you didn't even read the Schneider paper. It is like 3 pages long.

97–98% of the most published climate researchers think humans are causing global warming.

1) most published
2) climate researchers
3) think
4) humans are causing
5) global warming

As an experiment, guess what they mean then go read the paper to see how much they match up with the technical definitions. There are a whole bunch of threads about this in politics, I would suggest moving this there.
Here's a good read:
http://www.examiner.com/environmental-policy-in-national/global-warming-s-stephen-schneider-the-light-that-failed

Gee, and why is it that people that get paid to research global warming and research that end up finding that there's global warming? And if you don't agree, you don't get published or cited by the cliques that do believe, and so you become an unpublished skeptic. Awesome. You sure did convince me of the error of my ways, Arepo.

bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 06:27:56 AM

1) most published
2) climate researchers
3) think
4) humans are causing
5) global warming

Here's a good read:
http://www.examiner.com/environmental-policy-in-national/global-warming-s-stephen-schneider-the-light-that-failed

Gee, and why is it that people that get paid to research global warming and research that end up finding that there's global warming? And if you don't agree, you don't get published or cited by the cliques that do believe, and so you become an unpublished skeptic. Awesome. You sure did convince me of the error of my ways, Arepo.

I would just go examine the IPCC reports for yourself. The arguments about which tribal leader to believe are not productive.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: