Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:08:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "US confirms American carried out Syria suicide bombing"  (Read 1040 times)
vokain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 03:35:51 AM

http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2014/05/31/us-confirms-american-carried-syria-suicide-bombing/

AFP – An American fighting for a hardline Islamist group carried out a deadly suicide bombing, US officials said Friday, in the first such case in the war.

The confirmation came amid growing fears over the flood of foreigners into Syria, with no end in sight in the three-year war that has already left 162,000 people dead.

“The American citizen involved in the suicide bombing in Syria is believed to be Moner Mohammad Abu-Salha,” State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said in a statement.

Abu-Salha is thought to have been behind a truck bombing against regime forces on Sunday in the northern province of Idlib.

Interesting...first time I've heard of this happening. Prayers go out to those struggling.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:50:14 AM

Perfect story for them to run w/ in terms of getting public support for droning "American" citizens overseas w/o due process.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:00:58 AM

Anyway the Americans are supporting the anti-Assad forces, so it won't matter. The total number of foreign troops fighting in Syria is estimated at more than 100,000. The Europeans alone number more than 2,000. This is definitely not a good sign.
vokain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 05:41:12 AM

well, guess that plan of mine to trek from Athens to the pyramids overland is out of the question Sad
taipo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Kia ora!

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 05:52:30 AM

well, guess that plan of mine to trek from Athens to the pyramids overland is out of the question Sad

If you go dressed as a camel, the chances of you being smoked in a drone strike drop by like a whole 10%.

Support the two platforms essential to protecting the identities of whistleblowers. Both accept bitcoin donations.
https://globaleaks.org - GlobalLeaks ( btc: see http://goo.gl/D5wM0L )
http://goo.gl/sZg2RN  - SecureDrop: whistleblower submission system
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:09:13 AM

Perfect story for them to run w/ in terms of getting public support for droning "American" citizens overseas w/o due process.

Or even droned at home. The sooner this administration is gone the better.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:49:24 AM

lol... I guess that this might be your planned route:

Greece ==> Turkey ==> Lebanon ==> Israel ==> Egypt.

The US drones are not active anywhere along the route, but remember that Lebanon is quite close to Syria. Also, some 1 million Syrian refugees are currently stationed at Lebanon.  Grin
vokain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 07:45:32 AM

lol... I guess that this might be your planned route:

Greece ==> Turkey ==> Lebanon ==> Israel ==> Egypt.

The US drones are not active anywhere along the route, but remember that Lebanon is quite close to Syria. Also, some 1 million Syrian refugees are currently stationed at Lebanon.  Grin

How could I get from Turkey to Lebanon? Ferry?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:33:35 AM

Oh... you are right. I forgot that Lebanon doesn't share a common border with Turkey. Then the only option will be to travel via Syria. But that option is very unwelcome, as the fighting is raging on there. Anyway, most of the Mediterranean coast is controlled by Assad's army, including major cities such as Tartous and Latakia. 
vokain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 08:38:30 AM

Oh... you are right. I forgot that Lebanon doesn't share a common border with Turkey. Then the only option will be to travel via Syria. But that option is very unwelcome, as the fighting is raging on there. Anyway, most of the Mediterranean coast is controlled by Assad's army, including major cities such as Tartous and Latakia.  

Yeah I've been looking into it the past couple hours and then I suddenly realized how bad things are over there and it's probably not worth getting kidnapped Sad Hell I should probably skip Lebanon too but I bet it's beautiful
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:19:39 PM

Yeah I've been looking into it the past couple hours and then I suddenly realized how bad things are over there and it's probably not worth getting kidnapped Sad Hell I should probably skip Lebanon too but I bet it's beautiful

There are a lot of beautiful places in that area. Unfortunately no one feels safe to go see it.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:27:53 PM

Lebanon is a definite no-no. There is no government control over much of the country side. Some of the area is under the control of Hezbollah, some under the pro-Syrians, some under the Maronites, and there are even places controlled by the Palestinian militia groups.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:34:09 PM

“The American citizen involved in the suicide bombing in Syria is believed to be Moner Mohammad Abu-Salha,” State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said in a statement.

I just wonder for how long was he an American citizen and how much he carried another nationality.

It's like the robberies made in Spain by Romanians who have received spanish nationality. They are added to the wrong column in statistics Smiley.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:33:17 PM

I just wonder for how long was he an American citizen and how much he carried another nationality.

He was born and brought up in the US (Florida, to be precise).

His father is a Palestinian Arab, born in the West Bank, while his mother is a non-Hispanic White, born in the US.

More details:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/04/us/friends-of-moner-mohammad-abusalha-saw-no-indications.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2645784/He-American-son-parents-tormented-basketball-playing-son-turned-suicide-bomber.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/31/us-syria-usa-bomber-exclusive-idUSKBN0EB0XX20140531
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:37:31 PM

He was born and brought up in the US (Florida, to be precise).

His father is a Palestinian Arab, born in the West Bank, while his mother is a non-Hispanic White, born in the US.

Sorry for doubting this and being wrong on this issue but I still think he wouldn't have ended like this if he was called John or Michael Wink.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:06:18 PM

Sorry for doubting this and being wrong on this issue but I still think he wouldn't have ended like this if he was called John or Michael Wink.

According to his friends, he was a Muslim in name only. He was a thoroughly Americanized kid. All of his friends were native-born Americans and he didn't even knew any Arabic. How this non-practicing kid got brainwashed in such a short duration is still a big mystery.
Charlie Prime

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:26:13 AM

How this non-practicing kid got brainwashed in such a short duration is still a big mystery.

I can see it.  There are many instances in history of civilians traveling to other countries to assist causes they feel are just.

Here 700 Irishmen went to Spain to fight for the fascist Franco in defense of nuns being killed by Communists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Brigade_%28Spanish_Civil_War%29

Here 2,500 Britons went to Spain to fight for the Communists in the same war:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-13937616

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
Become part of the mining family
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:51:58 AM

Or even droned at home. The sooner this administration is gone the better.

Obama says don't worry...he's not going to used weaponized drones over the U.S. while he runs out the clock.  AFAIK, he kind of didn't elaborate on his administrations specific efforts to get the capability codified into law for the next guy (or very likely, gal) to use if they feel the need.  Yo, Obama;  Thanks for 'the change we can believe in', asshole.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:57:14 AM

There was some Korean American from Los Angeles who went to Libya to fight Gaddafi. 
http://news.yahoo.com/spring-break-libya-133500440.html

Sometimes people fight just to fight.  Sometimes for money.  IIRC - there are Russians in Syria who are fighting, because Assad promised them condos on the beach. 

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
vokain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 02:59:21 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 03:22:13 AM by vokain

Lebanon is a definite no-no. There is no government control over much of the country side. Some of the area is under the control of Hezbollah, some under the pro-Syrians, some under the Maronites, and there are even places controlled by the Palestinian militia groups.

There was some Korean American from Los Angeles who went to Libya to fight Gaddafi.  
http://news.yahoo.com/spring-break-libya-133500440.html

Sometimes people fight just to fight.  Sometimes for money.  IIRC - there are Russians in Syria who are fighting, because Assad promised them condos on the beach.  

that really makes me think I could do it
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: