Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:35:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need 0.35 Loan, will pay back 0.45  (Read 2349 times)
Rooothlespredators

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:28:27 AM

Not yet. he hasn't logged in since yesterday night and the address I sent the coins to haven't been sent anywhere yet
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 06:30:49 AM

Not yet. he hasn't logged in since yesterday night and the address I sent the coins to haven't been sent anywhere yet

I've left him negative trust.  Let me know if he returns the coins and I will remove the trust.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:21:43 AM

This is a very strange situation.  Doesn't really make sense.
Count_Frackula

Activity: 99

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 03:58:09 AM

This is actually my account.  The account has been hacked.

Rent my SHA-256 rigs on Mining Rig Rentals.
Rooothlespredators

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:41:57 AM

I was starting to think that could be the case. sigh.
Count_Frackula

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 05:21:27 AM

I've seen the address below before, it seems to be his primary and should be blacklisted.
1GpgJnN4sP6P7KejCBMXMuTkgjVvT5W1KJ

Always follow rule 13 - Make sure all deals are negotiated in the open forum for both public record and peer review.
It sucks, believe me, I know.  He got into my email address, so I'm having to change EVERYTHING. 

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:10:12 PM

2 weeks!  Guess the wanting a loan for BFL gear shoulda been the tipoff.  Sorry for your loss.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:16:41 PM

Oh my god. This is such a shocker! As soon as someone sends you $20 after a loan request, his ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED!

In case I do decide to believe you: Have any proof, bucko?
Count_Frackula

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 09:31:18 PM

Oh my god. This is such a shocker! As soon as someone sends you $20 after a loan request, his ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED!

I do have proof, however, since it would require giving someone access to my accounts to look at, I'm not going to provide it to any random person with 0 trust. 

Things you should note:
  • I currently have no access to my account to even verify that the transaction did, indeed take place
  • The transaction (supposedly) took place with an extremely new member, under fairly suspicious circumstances (missreading .35 (~$200) for .035 (~$20) and not making the discussion public).
  • What verification do you have that I'm not just some random scammer with a sob story?
  • It was (supposedly) $200, not $20.  If it were $20, and I could verify it, and I had access to my account, I'd toss it back from one of my other accounts.  I'm not rich by any means, but that's nearly pocket change to me.

If a forum Admin, or, at my discretion, a user of sufficient trust wishes to contact me to view logs, I would be happy to provide them.

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:50:37 PM

This is actually my account.  The account has been hacked.

I do have proof, however, since it would require giving someone access to my accounts to look at, I'm not going to provide it to any random person with 0 trust.  

Things you should note:
  • I currently have no access to my account to even verify that the transaction did, indeed take place
  • The transaction (supposedly) took place with an extremely new member, under fairly suspicious circumstances (missreading .35 (~$200) for .035 (~$20) and not making the discussion public).
  • What verification do you have that I'm not just some random scammer with a sob story?
  • It was (supposedly) $200, not $20.  If it were $20, and I could verify it, and I had access to my account, I'd toss it back from one of my other accounts.  I'm not rich by any means, but that's nearly pocket change to me.

If a forum Admin, or, at my discretion, a user of sufficient trust wishes to contact me to view logs, I would be happy to provide them.

Try to request theymos to get your account back.

Follow the instructions listed on this thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

Rooothlespredators

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:03:42 PM

Fwiw I only slightly blame Raptor for what happened given that yes I lost the money because his account got hacked but it was mostly my fault if anything the blame goes something like 75% me. I can act rashly sometimes and I'm quick to believe what I see without second guessing myself and like I said if this would bite me in the ass I wouldn't complain. As same as what CF said, 20$ isn't a huge amount and that's why I gave the loan without collateral and without seeing the input of the community. As for why I misread it to say .035 instead of .35 I guess its cus it says 0.35 loan if it said .35 instead there's no way I'd have made that mistake and i do stupid crap when its late.

Now for proving the transaction did in fact take place between his account- I can prove that. I know my address and the transaction shows up in the block explorer. http://blockexplorer.com/address/1GpgJnN4sP6P7KejCBMXMuTkgjVvT5W1KJ
I also have the private messages that we sent back and forth I could easily screenshot them or something. I sent him a few messages, sent the money and then posted that I did the transaction so that people wouldn't try to send him two loans and make sure the transaction was publicly known. I was quite confident at the time that the op was not a scammer

Like a freaking dumb ass I am pretty quick to trust people if I see they have the background that i think they should. I'd rather this thread die out now.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:25:51 PM

At least the Bitcoin address wasn't used on Raptor's account. That's most likely minor proof saying his account wasn't hacked. But, meh.  Roll Eyes
Count_Frackula

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 10:53:07 PM

Try to request theymos to get your account back.

Follow the instructions listed on this thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

I'll give that a try as soon as I am able.

Please do post the entire PM chat logs.  Just to make sure I have this right, it was only .035 then?  If it was only .035, and if I ever regain access to my account (So I can verify that I'm not getting scammed twice), I'll work out what I can do for restitution - even though, like you said, it's partially on you too.

Rooothlespredators

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:04:59 PM

Rooothlespredators

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:11:13 PM

yes I only sent .035. if the chat logs are too small lmk and I'll try it again.

the whole can't post more than once every 6 mins is really aggravating
Count_Frackula

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 12:14:22 AM

What would you consider to be reasonable compensation here?  
If I can get back my account (as secondary proof), I'd like to make it right.

Rooothlespredators

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:02:48 AM

hey I'd be thrilled if I got .02 back
Count_Frackula

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 02:14:09 AM

hey I'd be thrilled if I got .02 back

I'll reply after I finish the account restoration - may take a bit, still doing a lot of damage control on my end.

Rooothlespredators

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:27:51 AM

I hope he didn't get you for anything else did he? don't have to reply to that if you don't want to
Count_Frackula

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 11:57:37 PM

Aside from having to change 300 or so passwords, and having to report some transactions as fraudulent, it seems I'm winding up mostly unscathed.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: