Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:57:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KiB] Kibweecoin | Proof-of-Contribution | Under rework  (Read 36968 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:40:29 PM

Holy cow, listen to you people. You would think that you have all lost out on a pile of gold. Even if the dev was out to scam, wouldn't he be doing all of his nefarious scamming for more than the first 15 minutes? I mean c'mon.

And besides the investors, of which there sure can't be that many, what has been lost?

No one is going to feel bad for you miners because a little of your time has been wasted. Don't like the coin? Then move on to another. How many coins could you possibly have mined in such a short period of time?

This is something new. Let the developer work on it. All of this whining as if you deserve something is just stupid.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whatdidshedo

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:42:24 PM

Dev is offline i dunno what to say, i moved my rigs back to trademybit.
I can see us all getting collectively screwed here by the KibweeCON

Plenty of other x11 scams that launched switch your rentals to BossCoin or Lightcoin or WatCoin (all launched today lol) pick one of the winners or mine them all for a while hope at least one will work out and make your rental money back. this one is worse than ones i named above and they are shit lol

zhulick

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:43:38 PM

Holy cow, listen to you people. You would think that you have all lost out on a pile of gold. Even if the dev was out to scam, wouldn't he be doing all of his nefarious scamming for more than the first 15 minutes? I mean c'mon.

And besides the investors, of which there sure can't be that many, what has been lost?

No one is going to feel bad for you miners because a little of your time has been wasted. Don't like the coin? Then move on to another. How many coins could you possibly have mined in such a short period of time?

This is something new. Let the developer work on it. All of this whining as if you deserve something is just stupid.

i mined just under 20 coins on under 50 mh... 50 mh is nothing nowadays, and there were at least a dozen people in pool.mn who were pushing waaay more then that... some as much as 2+gh...

i am sure those people are not going to be "thrilled" about losing all those coins, as well as all that btc they used on renting rigs etc...

this isn't just time, which is not exactly inconsequential, there is real money involved here...
Kib (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 08:46:08 PM

NEW ETA

Okay let's resume the issue because the thread is a bit messy atm.

The source contain a code to send the POC block reward on the following address: KLMD1gKGK44AGaRq5W8StG4LnhGDLjCfQh

The problem is that coin are actually sending to an other address. Which is not the good one.

It mean the POC is stuck and the miners from this pool are receiving the POC block.

We think it's a malicious attempt as the pool operators aren't responding and as the coins succeed in all our tests.
The pool involved in this has still more than 51% of the hashrate. It's not really a fork because the blocks are indeed the same: it's not about the blocks but about the transactions. This is making this attack not visible directly on the network, because you can't watch a block fork.

If anyone of you is a dev you can find the part of the code on main.cpp line 4443 and 4659.

My advice is to stop mining at the moment, because we failed to get less than 51% on the concerned pool.

We are looking into a solution. Me and my co are actually discussing about this. I also had a long chat on IRC with the peoples there.

We need to restart the coin, but also need time to rework our system to avoid this kind of attack happening twice.

We will make a system to refund the Contributors if they want to get back the BTC.

More details are coming as soon as possible. I'm going to update the OP, I'll keep answering your questions too.

Please don't do useless troll, we will work on a solution.
meccoin4me

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Bitcoin is getting bigcoin

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:46:45 PM

we are not wining but if there is talked about a relaunch and rigs are rented it is good to know what is going on , for the rest i like the concept and the coin and we are willing to give dev time to repair his issues

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1155319.0  DELTACREDITS , great coin , great idea behind
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:49:36 PM

NEW ETA

The source contain a code to send the POC block reward on the following address: KLMD1gKGK44AGaRq5W8StG4LnhGDLjCfQh

The problem is that coin are actually sending to an other address. Which is not the good one.

It mean the POC is stuck and the miners from this pool are receiving the POC block.

We think it's a malicious attempt as the pool operators aren't responding and as the coins succeed in all our tests.
The pool involved in this has still more than 51% of the hashrate. It's not really a fork because the blocks are indeed the same: it's not about the blocks but about the transactions. This is making this attack not visible directly on the network, because you can't watch a block fork.

If anyone of you is a dev you can find the part of the code on main.cpp line 4443 and 4659.

My advice is to stop mining at the moment, because we failed to get less than 51% on the concerned pool.

We are looking into a solution. Me and my co are actually discussing about this. I also had a long chat on IRC with the peoples there.

We need to restart the coin, but also need time to rework our system to avoid this kind of attack happening twice.

We will make a system to refund the Contributors if they want to get back the BTC.

More details are coming as soon as possible. I'm going to update the OP, I'll keep answering your questions too.

Please don't do useless troll, we will work on a solution and refund who want to be.

ok thanks for the info now we can plan ahead ...
bitdigger2013

Activity: 397

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 08:50:25 PM

NEW ETA

Thanks for a good explanation of what is going on. Hope you get this exploit resolved and relaunch soon.
whatdidshedo

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:50:31 PM

NEW ETA

MN pools are most trusted pools this is your mistake in code most likely , even pool owners watch world cup so give it time they will respond(you saying it's attack it's crap) i'm not affiliated with MN pools but use them all the time asnd they don't do that

whatdidshedo

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:53:03 PM

Plenty of other x11 scams that launched switch your rentals to BossCoin or Lightcoin or WatCoin (all launched today lol) pick one of the winners or mine them all for a while hope at least one will work out and make your rental money back. this one is worse than ones i named above and they are shit lol

Switch your rigs people looks like a relaunch is in the works , mine one of shitcoins that launched today and never forget "only put in what you can afford to lose, don't get greedy on launches"

policymaker

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:05:47 PM

Switch your rigs people looks like a relaunch is in the works , mine one of shitcoins that launched today and never forget "only put in what you can afford to lose, don't get greedy on launches"

this.

People come in here, claiming scam and shit like that. People lost mining time, btc on rentals, ALL this is understandable. But if you havent calculated that in THIS SCENE you sometimes lose time/btc then it is not for you.

Dev has even given his name out in the open and he was in IRC, this WHOLE time and explaining the issue. Ive seen obvious scammers get treated with more respect ffs.

Frustration is justified, personal attacks are not. Mine something else, dump it to make up for ur costs, and come back for more news later. Geez.

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  

Jump to: