Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 05:27:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downfall of Bitcoin (fiction)  (Read 779 times)
Tzupy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:10:23 AM

Is this plausible? Links to article:
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/downfall-bitcoin-need-responsible-mining-practices/2014/06/03
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/downfall-bitcoin-part-2/2014/06/04
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/downfall-bitcoin-part-3/2014/06/07

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4539

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:32:43 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2014, 10:04:30 AM by franky1

reading part one, i get the feeling that this is a finshaggy fiction story.. not sure why its on a "news" site.

EDIT
read all 3 parts and all i can say is boring fiction, badly written, and the bits that are suppose to b factual were not well understood

" Cody noticed that Oakmine was missing between 5-7 blocks an hour"

... bitcoin only has 6 blocks an hour, so this means the ficticious pool was not mining anything.

as for the skills of cody, i cant see his character ever working as a reporter. when on the phone he never countered objections he simply said "no that is all, have a nice day"

and as for hiding the true hashrate. th story writer has no concept of mining, and thinks that reading the mining results from someones webpage is how people see the hashrate, and not checking the blockchain.info charts.

and lastly the $900 million dollars (at the stories $2000 top price=450k coins) would take atleast 125 days to amount such from mining.

so with the outspend of buying other services and the giveaway. i cant see this lame assed piece of written material even having logic.

its not fiction. is a 9yo's fantasy story.. i definitely smell finshaggy as being the writer

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:05:42 AM

Is this plausible?

NO.

too many factual events that would prevent such an actual scheme like this to occur

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
mysore

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:15:28 AM

not a great fictional story Cheesy

nothing
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:30:31 PM

It isn't plausible, bitcoins has too many aces in the hole to downfall, but I enjoyed the story.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:47:57 PM

Is this plausible?

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:41:55 PM

I have to agree with this. This story is really weak. The writing leaves a lot to be desired.

Is there a lot of bitcoin related fiction out there? I haven't seen much.

Do you think people in general would be interested in well written bitcoin fiction?
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:02:31 PM

I have to agree with this. This story is really weak. The writing leaves a lot to be desired.

Is there a lot of bitcoin related fiction out there? I haven't seen much.

Do you think people in general would be interested in well written bitcoin fiction?

'almost human', Tv show set in the future where bitcoin is the currency Cheesy

TheTruth4

Activity: 108

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:12:42 PM

Bitcoin's bubble will burst when the entire internet is shutoff around the world. Until then, Bitcoin's price will go up,down, up, down, up...
Repeat until central banking is subsumed and governments are put on a leash.
unexecuted

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:44:01 PM

Don't want this fiction to turn into a realism  Undecided
waldox

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 07:03:24 PM

Bitcoin's bubble will burst when the entire internet is shutoff around the world. Until then, Bitcoin's price will go up,down, up, down, up...
Repeat until central banking is subsumed and governments are put on a leash.

someone would come up with a way to hand compute the bitcoin ledger by paper and ink in global bitcoin clubs by mail
we would have like a 1 month block time tho

*sarcasm

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:12:55 PM

bitcoin was so easy in the beginning, i set up a *&*(quantum) algorithm to mine 1 block, create new address, mine repeat..  etc.. lOLLSSZZZ//;/...

i am here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: