Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:36:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I a scammer?  (Read 1493 times)
skottiejay (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 08:13:02 AM

I came back to the boards about 2 weeks ago, maybe less after I'd found out that my mother, my grandmother and now my father all have cancer. I asked for your charity because I wanted to help them out, and I wanted to help get to where they are so that I could see them in their last days. I don't know what I would have done had I had the chance to get any BTC from people. In all honesty, I wanted to buy a house of my own, or put money down on one, or buy a car. For the past 7 years I've been living with extreme panic and anxiety with agoraphobia disorder. For the first year of this disorder (which began in 2007) I couldn't leave the house, I had people shopping for me and taking some off the till when it came shopping time. (Meaning they were buying things for themselves with what little money I had). I was so desperate to come out of this, that I would do anything to make some money, because I thought money would solve all of my evils, and make me feel normal again. I asked for donations in several places (coinchat, here) because I thought maybe a believable story would make people want to help, but it turned out that it just made people not want me to chat or be around them.

The cold hard truth is, my mother DOES have cancer, stage 3b. She's going through chemo and it's a pain to watch her hair fall out and all she does is sleep all day. She's only on her second treatment and it's painful to watch each one because it gets harder and harder for her. My grandmother has kidney cancer, TCC (I can't think of the technical term for this) and she doesn't even know it. She has maybe 3 months to live, and she wants me home to see her, but I can't come see her and take care of my mother and all of her business at the same time. Hell I can't even take care of myself. I'm still suffering from extreme panic, and no doctors will see me here. Nobody is accepting patience and psychiatrists aren't looking either. My father is 67 years old and just found out he has melanoma. They haven't found out about staging or any of that yet, but by the looks of it, he might not have very much longer to live himself. That wouldn't be bad enough if he wasn't already suffering from mitodermititus (spelling on that) which is an auto-immune disease that made him lose 70 pounds because the flap that separates air/food isn't working properly and he is asphyxiating on his own food. He spent 2 years in the hospital, the first pictures I got of him he looked like a skeleton, or someone who'd just gotten out of a death camp. The chemo for this would ruin him, if not kill him.

I would do anything to get back home, and to secure that my last few months maybe years with my relatives were happy and pain free. I came to the community with this because I didn't know where else to go. I can't work, I can't find work. I've tried online services that "pay fast" but they all seem to just trickle in amounts when I need a large sum quickly just to secure a future. I lost the house I live in in 2012, because I was behind on virtually everything. I moved in with a friend and it turned into a nightmare. It was then and only then that I moved in with my mother 7 months ago. Since then watching her get sick has been horrible.

So you can see that I've had a rough time, I'm completely horrified about what I'm going to do, and I would do *anything* for money btc or not. I tried running an indiegogo campaign but nobody would contribute through my "friends" they all have real lives and responsibilities.

I'm not honestly trying to scam anyone out of anything, but I'm so desperate for money I lay awake crying and can't sleep. I want for everything to be ok, I want to be able to pay my mother's bills because she can't work now. I want to be able to comfort my grandmother when she finds out she hasn't long to live, I want to ease my father's pain and help him get strong enough that chemo won't bother him at all. That's all I've ever wanted, I didn't want the money JUST for myself, but to help others. I wanted to do good.

So feel free to neg rep me, if I am indeed a scammer. I'm sorry that I tried to take you guys. All of this is legit truthful information and if anyone where to ask me a year ago that 3 relatives would get cancer within a couple months of each other I would have told you you were lying.

Hate pm's, negative trust incoming.

What else could I say?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eltortugaloco

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:28:47 AM

Stealing is never right, it doesn't matter if your entire family is dying of cancer. You can get a real job and make money, or start a business. Taking that money from other people is the worst thing you can do.

It sounds like you are a pathetic and frail creature. You will bring more evil upon your life through scamming, and we can hope you will get arrested or die in the process.

And it sounds like you are full of shit. You want money for your families dying from cancer, and a new car and house? Give me a fucking break.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:33:06 AM

Stealing is never right, it doesn't matter if your entire family is dying of cancer. You can get a real job and make money, or start a business. Taking that money from other people is the worst thing you can do.

It sounds like you are a pathetic and frail creature. You will bring more evil upon your life through scamming, and we can hope you will get arrested or die in the process.

And it sounds like you are full of shit. You want money for your families dying from cancer, and a new car and house? Give me a fucking break.

Agreed, when tragedy strikes in my life I generally worry less about material things. Creative sob story attempt but no one is buying.  

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 04:43:06 AM

Me too agree with your posts. "Situations Make A Person Bad" ~ Unknown Roll Eyes . If we have a strong will power we won't be become bad very easily. Smiley
Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:56:44 AM

Me too agree with your posts. "Situations Make A Person Bad" ~ Unknown Roll Eyes . If we have a strong will power we won't be become bad very easily. Smiley
Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir

Just being a decent human being will keep you from stealing. Using fake or real tragedies to scam people is about the lowest thing a thief can do.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 05:02:31 AM

If you don't die from anything else, you will get cancer.

Cancer is nature's way of controlling the population.

You need to find peace with that.  Money will not help you in the way peace will.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:14:29 AM

team up with dank and do a music charity event.
charity going to dank that is.

I do feel for you if  you have sick relatives. must be tough Sad

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:21:14 AM

I wouldn't make absolute statements unless you are sure they are always right (they never are). You cannot truthfully tell me that if it was necessary you would not steal to ensure the survival of the people you loved most. People stole bread back the 1700s to keep their impoverished families alive. Of course, if you did manage to get past that difficult time it's a different question of whether you'd repay for those things that you stole (ethical) or just keep it (thief IMO).

Now that being said, @OP you have to understand that it's impossible for people to actually verify that you're telling the truth and not some well-spoken scammer who has done their research. People have been burned before giving out charity to a scammer and that's why people don't do it anymore. If you did in fact steal to help your parents and grandparents, I won't judge you yet. It depends what you do after. If you pick yourself up when they eventually go and try to lead an ethical life (and repay those debts) then I wouldn't call you a scammer. But then again I'm just another unknown face on the internet. It's really up to you to decide if you're an ethical person - no one can make you believe that or not except you.
skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 06:04:32 AM

team up with dank and do a music charity event.
charity going to dank that is.

I do feel for you if  you have sick relatives. must be tough Sad

It's probably one of the hardest things that's ever happened to me to be honest, I didn't think it would ever "be me" or "happen to me" but it did. All in a timeframe of a month or so, of course a lot of it could have been prevented especially in my grandmother's case.

You need to find peace with that.  Money will not help you in the way peace will.

It's hard though because honestly, I'm so desperate for a quick fix for the solution. I mean I sit here crying and I know my grandmother will be dead, and my father has a rare auto immune disease so if he has to do chemo which he probably will I'm not completely sure he will survive it. And that's two dead relatives or family members in a matter of months. I've been through a lot of personal tragedy in the past couple years, this is something that would send me far over the edge.

I wouldn't make absolute statements unless you are sure they are always right (they never are). You cannot truthfully tell me that if it was necessary you would not steal to ensure the survival of the people you loved most. People stole bread back the 1700s to keep their impoverished families alive. Of course, if you did manage to get past that difficult time it's a different question of whether you'd repay for those things that you stole (ethical) or just keep it (thief IMO).

Now that being said, @OP you have to understand that it's impossible for people to actually verify that you're telling the truth and not some well-spoken scammer who has done their research. People have been burned before giving out charity to a scammer and that's why people don't do it anymore. If you did in fact steal to help your parents and grandparents, I won't judge you yet. It depends what you do after. If you pick yourself up when they eventually go and try to lead an ethical life (and repay those debts) then I wouldn't call you a scammer. But then again I'm just another unknown face on the internet. It's really up to you to decide if you're an ethical person - no one can make you believe that or not except you.

I have not stolen anything from anyone, I've thought about it a lot. I've thought about ways just to turn a quick buck online, whether it be from stupid survey sites to bitcoin, to anything. But I have no stolen anything in the name of anyone else. I have put up a website about my grandmother, and for donations but I haven't promoted it because it felt morally and ethically wrong to do so. I just at the end of the day want everyone to be fine, I know the money won't help, they can't take it with them and it's only a part time satisfying feeling. But I so desperate want everyone to be better that it's like....I don't know being desperate enough to do ANYTHING to make sure everyone is ok.

I guess I just need a better way of handling things.

As far as whoever said get a job, here's the gist of things:
I'm on disability, I was in a car accident in 2007 in Ohio on my way home from a business trip. I was working making 25 bucks an hour for a major phone company that we won't name. I wasn't seriously injured but it became a problem for me to do certain things like drive, etc. Then in 2008, I had my gallbladder removed, which by all means is a simple operation for most people, but I was so so sick that i literally couldn't eat. I went through a month and a half of that alone before someone took me to be seen by a doctor. When I finally was seen I was in the hospital 4 days before they finally removed my sick gallbladder, and now I have a problem with eating where, I cannot and will not eat if possible. The sight of food makes me gag. I wish I was lying about all of this.

I'm waiting on SSI right now because I was denied thanks to the stigma on people being disabled and having panic disorder, I hear back sometime in October about my case and if I can somehow get approved. Until then I have no income, I'm making forum posts and a small amount of BTC in order to try and gather some money together. I'm living with my mother and she is getting really uptight about me not having a job. There is literally nothing at this point that I can do but feel desperate and wait.

I'm sorry for the long post.

What else could I say?
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 06:13:09 AM

It's hard though because honestly, I'm so desperate for a quick fix for the solution. I mean I sit here crying and I know my grandmother will be dead, and my father has a rare auto immune disease so if he has to do chemo which he probably will I'm not completely sure he will survive it. And that's two dead relatives or family members in a matter of months. I've been through a lot of personal tragedy in the past couple years, this is something that would send me far over the edge.

Eventually, everyone you know will be dead.  You have to learn to accept death as part of life.  Good luck to you.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:23:18 AM

I feel very sorry for you but accepting donations is not by any means scamming. Your story is very unfortunate and you do have my sympathy. But are you scamming? Absolutely not.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 07:20:37 AM

Thank you, I'm really just trying to get ahead a little bit after all of the rough luck I've had in the past years, and now with family members having cancer and what not it's just too much.

I know everyone I love will die, I have to accept that I just can't believe it's happening so quick. I'm 33 years old, I have nothing to my name but this laptop and some clothes and I feel like a gigantic loser. It's important to me to help as many people as I can, I think. I think I was put here to help others and that's all I'm trying to do, that's what I *want* to do. But people see "donations" and think "SCAM" and it's sad. It's really sad that crowdsourcing and crowdfunding are such things of the past.

What else could I say?
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 07:32:11 AM

Thank you, I'm really just trying to get ahead a little bit after all of the rough luck I've had in the past years, and now with family members having cancer and what not it's just too much.

I know everyone I love will die, I have to accept that I just can't believe it's happening so quick. I'm 33 years old, I have nothing to my name but this laptop and some clothes and I feel like a gigantic loser. It's important to me to help as many people as I can, I think. I think I was put here to help others and that's all I'm trying to do, that's what I *want* to do. But people see "donations" and think "SCAM" and it's sad. It's really sad that crowdsourcing and crowdfunding are such things of the past.

Crowdfunding is still very much alive.  There are a lot of good ideas out there - not so much for sob story donations though as anyone can post anything they want and a good sob story is one of the scammers best way to make money.

If you want to help others, do it.  You don't need other people's money.  That's thinking like dank, the forum idiot.  He wants to help help help, but he needs coin coin coin to do it.

My advice to you is don't beg for any coins - live your life to the best of your ability and don't rely on other people to make you whole.  Realize there are MANY MANY other people older than you and closer to death who have less than you do.  Stop coveting and comparing.  Be thankful for what you have.  

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:04:01 PM

Have you thought about joining a signature campaign? You can earn some BTC that way. Earn it, invest it wisely and you are on your way. You don't need fiat to get bit coin.   

skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 06:00:53 PM

Thanks, I already am in a signature campaign (I think?) however after the first payment I got hit by that fake google ad about blockchain.info and got everything taken out. It was like 30 some bucks worth of bitcoin too Angry

What else could I say?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:05:09 PM

Money won't solve your problems. Try something else.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:33:54 PM

Thanks, I already am in a signature campaign (I think?) however after the first payment I got hit by that fake google ad about blockchain.info and got everything taken out. It was like 30 some bucks worth of bitcoin too Angry

You have to be a little more skeptical to do business with bit coin. Just holding it in a wallet will make you a bit wealthier as the value goes up.

skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 10:38:36 PM

That's actually I plan on doing with this signature campaign, since the price has been pretty steady at over 600 for as long as I've been back into bitcoin I plan on just collecting and see where things go from there. If the price drops again (hoping it won't but kind of hoping it will) I will most definitely be collecting some BTC for when it goes back up.

What else could I say?
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:36:39 AM

That's actually I plan on doing with this signature campaign, since the price has been pretty steady at over 600 for as long as I've been back into bitcoin I plan on just collecting and see where things go from there. If the price drops again (hoping it won't but kind of hoping it will) I will most definitely be collecting some BTC for when it goes back up.

This is definitely the time to collect. Even a small amount will be worth a lot more in the next few years. You seem to be doing better. I am glad to see it. 

skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:43:33 PM

I'm doing better but I'm still really stressed out about money, it's stupid because I know it doesn't change anything except really just put food on plates and roofs over heads and I've got most of that worked out at the moment, but I need to venture out on my own and start my own life. I need to start getting back into gear after a string of bad years that through no fault of my own. At least with this little bit of bitcoin I'm earning I can start doing that, but it's going to take a lot of time until I'm able to set my plans into motion.

What else could I say?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: