Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:51:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban Newbie Devs  (Read 3052 times)
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:31:42 PM

One after another like a plague newbie's are listing their scams and completely sucking everyone (well mostly newbies) in, BTT has to stop allowing these scamers, Mods here giving them a freeride.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868

ADT developer

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:32:18 PM

One after another like a plague newbie's are listing their scams and completely sucking everyone (well mostly newbies) in, BTT has to stop allowing these scamers, Mods here giving them a freeride.

I have been saying this for a year now

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:34:00 PM

good point, dev should have 3-6 months account at least
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:34:51 PM

you can buy accounts older than that for not much money

waqas

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:35:16 PM

They need to implement some law minimum Full Member or Sr Member rank hope its works and we have some less scams

mysore

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:36:37 PM

They need to implement some law minimum Full Member or Sr Member rank hope its works and we have some less scams
they can buy those type member account and use

nothing
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:36:49 PM

I have been saying this for a year now

Yes many of us have, but now its got to beyond stupid level, a complete insult to what cryptos are about. Now with paid for exchange votes some of the straight up no questions scamcoins are pumped to being some of the most popular.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:37:56 PM

you can buy accounts older than that for not much money

is that legit? i have seen red tag on those account

anyway i don't think every hero and senior here are willing to sell their aka for this type of things..but maybe i'm wrong
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:38:29 PM

I suggest also screening of all new coins by mods before they are allowed to be ann, clean this place up or it'll be totally closed.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:39:52 PM

I suggest also screening of all new coins by mods before they are allowed to be ann, clean this place up or it'll be totally closed.

its getting to the point where only scam coins survive as people jump on the pump and dumps to make the most money leavening all the legitimate coins to die Sad   

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:42:58 PM

its getting to the point where only scam coins survive as people jump on the pump and dumps to make the most money leavening all the legitimate coins to die Sad   

Maybe thats the bitcoin fanboi's powers to be whole plan?

the first coin generator websites were made by BTC fanboys to try and kill of the alts by saturating the market but all it did was make it easyer to scam 

mysore

Activity: 64

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:44:16 PM

anyway i don't think every hero and senior here are willing to sell their aka for this type of things..but maybe i'm wrong
yes accounts can be sold  Embarrassed  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303414.msg3269475

nothing
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:45:21 PM

yes accounts can be sold  Embarrassed  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303414.msg3269475

I have seen lots of accounts sold around this forum Sad

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:54:26 PM

We don't need rules because any rule can be got around. What you need is people to become smarter. Plus even a coin can be legit with a wallet and everything can be a scam. Give people the chance to make stupid mistakes by themselves and learn from them.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:57:38 PM

I had no idea they had Mods here.

Also, "newbie" accounts are often the 3rd or 23rd account by that person...
You know, people have 167 passwords and they get lost.

Does anyone actually think the forum gives a shit?
It's 100% Free Speech, baby.

Caveat Emptor.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 01:03:34 PM

Anyway if the law isn't good enough, many will break the law, only nice people will try not to break the law Smiley .
Kindly,
       Muhammed Zakhir

lostmojo

Activity: 91

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:50:41 PM

cant ban them. best is to educate people against buying those coins. Less than 10 groups are responsable for 200+ scam coins that have saturated the market.

Now that exchanges are racing to list these scams as fast as possible, and people are actually buying them its much faster for the Devs to dump their premines/instamines, then move on to the next

Safest way to play the game, these days,  is to instadump what ever you have for BTC as fast as you get them. Even legitimate coins.

Not an ideal situation, personally i would like to collect coins, but they always goin down, so not worth it anymore.

Miley Cyrus Coin: LaB1XqDS65DhXdyWgsamPR8xUBtzSh9Jw5
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:57:25 PM

cant ban them. best is to educate people against buying those coins. Less than 10 groups are responsable for 200+ scam coins that have saturated the market.

Now that exchanges are racing to list these scams as fast as possible, and people are actually buying them its much faster for the Devs to dump their premines/instamines, then move on to the next

Safest way to play the game, these days,  is to instadump what ever you have for BTC as fast as you get them. Even legitimate coins.

Not an ideal situation, personally i would like to collect coins, but they always goin down, so not worth it anymore.

They aren't all going down. NXT, Darkcoin, anything of quality holds and increases in value. Do I need to remind you BTC is half the price it was less than a year ago.
Mikez

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:09:16 PM

As it's been stated before, buying an older account is pretty easy to do, or just paying someone with an older account to start the thread.
This is not the solution.
But I agree that something needs to be done, I'm sick and tired to see all these clonecoins, shitcoins, scamcoins and dumpcoins.

jokudaman

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:17:58 PM

cant ban them. best is to educate people against buying those coins. Less than 10 groups are responsable for 200+ scam coins that have saturated the market
+1.  There is a lot of... em... whistleblowers who want to persuade you to give them your money. But you can't ban all of them. It's impossible. But you can educate people and create a situation, when nobody needs to listen this jerks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: