Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:02:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is the weekend rally?  (Read 2187 times)
pinksheep

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:19:33 AM

I don't see it.
Bitcoin doesn't use banking hours.

True.
But sadly, wire transfer deposits in exchanges depend on banking hours. Sad
If I send my money on a friday (and i usually have to) they don't show up until tues or weds. Not impressed, the banking system.

I buy through a UK company. As long as I have money in my bank account, I can send it to them instantly by debit card even if it is Sat or Sun & buy within a few minutes if I so desire. I know I pay them a premium for using their service, but it's so quick, efficient & trustworthy that I think it's worth it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:25:54 AM

I don't see it.
Bitcoin doesn't use banking hours.

True.
But sadly, wire transfer deposits in exchanges depend on banking hours. Sad
If I send my money on a friday (and i usually have to) they don't show up until tues or weds. Not impressed, the banking system.

I buy through a UK company. As long as I have money in my bank account, I can send it to them instantly by debit card even if it is Sat or Sun & buy within a few minutes if I so desire. I know I pay them a premium for using their service, but it's so quick, efficient & trustworthy that I think it's worth it.
Yeah, but I'm going to be playing the trade game once we hit quad digits. And from what I have seen, Kraken is really secure, especially if you set up proper 2fa. Might as well get used to them.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
pinksheep

Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:31:50 AM

True, my method wouldn't work for trading, it's just good for HODLING, & that's all I'm planning on doing  Smiley

PRIMEDICE
DolanDuck

Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:43:48 PM

If you aren't an expert trader with experience I recommend to hold because there are almost zero chances to lose the capital in this way.

PRIMEDICE
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:24:42 PM

If you aren't an expert trader with experience I recommend to hold because there are almost zero chances to lose the capital in this way.

Well, up to a certain point. I don't recommend being a total pig about it and never selling anything. I always take some profit when I'm up big, otherwise I'm kicking myself on the way down.

DolanDuck

Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:41:14 PM

Well, up to a certain point. I don't recommend being a total pig about it and never selling anything. I always take some profit when I'm up big, otherwise I'm kicking myself on the way down.

An easier and less risky way to increase the capital could be achieved estimating the next peak (looking at previous bubbles) and selling an increasing % of your btc savings when it cross your price.

PRIMEDICE
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 08:48:22 PM

An easier and less risky way to increase the capital could be achieved estimating the next peak (looking at previous bubbles) and selling an increasing % of your btc savings when it cross your price.

Estimating the next peak is easier said than done; when the price was at 10$ a year and a half ago will you consider 50 100 or 300$ the peak? The peak in 2014 was 1150$..

CEG5952

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:32:32 PM

Estimating the next peak is easier said than done; when the price was at 10$ a year and a half ago will you consider 50 100 or 300$ the peak? The peak in 2014 was 1150$..

No one can estimate the peak. But if you can sell while the price has risen 5x or 10x, and buy when it has fallen again, you ought to be in pretty good shape by now.

okthen

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:38:13 PM

As someone else said: take matters in your own hands people!
Buy btc! Make it go up!  Grin
CEG5952

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:28:23 PM

All I know is, it's not up to the bitcoiners and the forum users. At some point, we're gonna need a good deal of "new", "fresh" money from people who have never been involved with bitcoin before, if price is really going to sustainably rise.

boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 09:11:31 PM

All I know is, it's not up to the bitcoiners and the forum users. At some point, we're gonna need a good deal of "new", "fresh" money from people who have never been involved with bitcoin before, if price is really going to sustainably rise.

Bitcoin traders have a lot of money on the exchanges or in bank waiting to buy; the number of users is growing steadily; and we are a huge financial crisis away to opening of everyone's eyes on the value of Bitcoin

RandomPedestrianN9

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:16:15 PM

Bitcoin traders have a lot of money on the exchanges or in bank waiting to buy; the number of users is growing steadily; and we are a huge financial crisis away to opening of everyone's eyes on the value of Bitcoin

Why not LTC? What makes you think people will use BTC and not something else........like gold.
okthen

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:17:26 PM

Guess we are the ones who are already convinced!
But we can still do our part. Probably not buying, but being that annoying friend that tries to get others into btc Smiley
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 09:27:21 PM

Why not LTC? What makes you think people will use BTC and not something else........like gold.

Bitcoin is much more than Gold but Gold will rise tremendously in price and all natural ressources as well

LTC doesn't have much than Bitcoin hasn't and Bitcoin has a lot than LTC hasn't

okthen

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:03:51 PM

Bitcoin is much more than Gold but Gold will rise tremendously in price and all natural ressources as well

LTC doesn't have much than Bitcoin hasn't and Bitcoin has a lot than LTC hasn't

Yep, btc will be the coin.
But still you can get some ltc for fun, it is growing in parallel motion to bitcoin, so you shouldn't lose much.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: