Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:57:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WANTED -- GOOD coders.  (Read 1229 times)
Miner612 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

FPGA convert

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 02:22:52 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2012, 07:43:25 AM by Miner612

How much for a good, working trading bot?

I make plenty of BC per week.  Have tons saved up.  Looking for someone to make me a trading bot for some good coin.

No shitty coders please.

Message me please if you want\need to make some money.

I can pay in DWolla too... or maybe some hardware.  Couple 5850s or something.  Shoot me an offer.

I buy and sell GPUs, most 5850s and 7970s. 
jimzolorenzo@gmail.com  -- Make an offer.
http://myworld.ebay.com/i_buy_5850s  -- current inventory
I have a couple bare bone mining rigs for sale as well.

--------------

I bought silver from [ccliu] 5 star transaction!
I bought silver from [TECSHARE] -- shipping still

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
QuirinusQuirrell

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 05:46:12 AM

A quick search indicates that a new Radeon 5850 costs $125, so you are offering $250, for a non-shitty coder to write a trading bot. This is very far below the going rate, so your request will not be filled. The market economics fairy frowns on you! No sparkles!
Miner612 (OP)

FPGA convert

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:42:17 AM

Please show me where you can get a brand new reference 5850 for 125 bucks.  I will buy some, I am a big time miner and I have not seen ANY 5850s for that cheap, brand new.

And the "or something" indicates it can be more or less then a couple cards, or cards and cash.

Don't be a douche, you keyboard warrior.  Stop talking like you are any kind of tough, at all.

--------------

Miner612 (OP)

FPGA convert

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:31:29 AM

A quick search indicates that a new Radeon 5850 costs $125,

I'd also like to know where you can find brand new 5850s for $125...

I bought 8 from geeks.com a month ago for 136 and that was the best deal I have ever seen.  Non reference cards, but still 5850s.  Cheapest I have seen since that is the ones I am selling at 180, free shipping.

That guy is just being a douche. 

--------------

trutharama

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:07:53 PM

no... he's not being a douche ... I happen to be a good coder, and I wouldn't consider building anything of any significance for even $500 ... Getting code done right is not an easy task... You have to start by answering all of the background questions, create a preliminary design, carefully considering what could go wrong and how the code could fail, then you have to write it, debug it, test it, ask people about it, etc.  Now, a crappy little makeshift, no guarantees piece of code is different. .. but even that would probably cost more than $500. .. It depends on just what he has in mind, but it can take hours of time just to communicate with him regarding exactly what he wants, cause to begin with, we'll probably find out that reality is going to put a cramp on what he/she wants and force some adjustments. .. Good coders make a lot of money doing stuff for people with money.  (usually.... not always)

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:43:36 PM

no... he's not being a douche ... I happen to be a good coder, and I wouldn't consider building anything of any significance for even $500 ... Getting code done right is not an easy task... You have to start by answering all of the background questions, create a preliminary design, carefully considering what could go wrong and how the code could fail, then you have to write it, debug it, test it, ask people about it, etc.  Now, a crappy little makeshift, no guarantees piece of code is different. .. but even that would probably cost more than $500. .. It depends on just what he has in mind, but it can take hours of time just to communicate with him regarding exactly what he wants, cause to begin with, we'll probably find out that reality is going to put a cramp on what he/she wants and force some adjustments. .. Good coders make a lot of money doing stuff for people with money.  (usually.... not always)

The truth from Trutharama!  Wink

I know I wouldn't write a bot to potentially make someone $1000's+ for a measly $250. Way too much work for that price.

On top of that, you will end up broke since you need to know what you're reading to make your own adjustments for changing market conditions. You can't just fire up a bot and forget about it for weeks/months, and expect it to continue making you money indefinitely.

Alex Coventry

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 11:10:05 PM

It's actually worse than that.  A decent trading bot is going to require fairly clever numerical and statistical analysis.  Another way to look at it: if I could make a such a bot, why would I share it with you for two cards when I could make money with it directly myself?
bitcoinsarefun

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 12:19:56 PM

It's actually worse than that.  A decent trading bot is going to require fairly clever numerical and statistical analysis.  Another way to look at it: if I could make a such a bot, why would I share it with you for two cards when I could make money with it directly myself?

this!
Kettenmonster

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 04:59:32 PM

The trading bot itself is a no-brain-issue.
I´ll do it in (C++, boost, Qt) in maybe half an hour or so.

The tricky so expensive part is integrating it into the real world.
You provide me with interfaces to bitcoin trading platforms and your bank accounts.
From then on I do no longer worry about being well payed.  Grin

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 05:25:45 PM

Because even with the most perfect trading bot you still NEED MONEY to make money?  Roll Eyes
arcticlava

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 09:50:13 PM

There's good coders and then there's good bot coders. Different animal. Different contract. 15% of net min.
mxxx

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 02:28:38 AM

Grin

knowledgeable

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 10:02:18 AM

What a ridiculous post.  Put that job on freelancer and see what they bid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: