Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:22:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a loan. Have collateral  (Read 4732 times)
Milkman39 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:45:43 AM

Hello,

Yes I am new but I am in need of a 60 BTC loan by this weekend. I have a Tag Heuer Formula One watch that I would be will to mail as collateral. I can overnight the item so I can have the coins for needed time frame. The watch is valued at 800+ USD. Please PM me if intersted.

You must be a trusted member as well because I am not going to lose an 800.00 watch for a 240.00 loan. I will make payments to you. I would be looking at a 3-6 month loan. We can discuss terms via PM. Let me know. If you would like to buy the watch I would be willing to do that as well. We can discuss via PM.

Milkman39

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:53:05 AM

Hello,

Yes I am new but I am in need of a 60 BTC loan by this weekend. I have a Tag Heuer Formula One watch that I would be will to mail as collateral. I can overnight the item so I can have the coins for needed time frame. The watch is valued at 800+ USD. Please PM me if intersted.

You must be a trusted member as well because I am not going to lose an 800.00 watch for a 240.00 loan. I will make payments to you. I would be looking at a 3-6 month loan. We can discuss terms via PM. Let me know. If you would like to buy the watch I would be willing to do that as well. We can discuss via PM.

Milkman39
It would be helpful if you could give exact details of the watch, like the model (TH F1 series spans over 100 models tbh). Also, if the authenticity could be verified (cards etc) it would be better as counterfeits of TH are so commonplace.
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:54:14 AM

Also, because people will probably ask: a picture of the watch, with a note that has your username and the date written on it.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:55:52 AM

Also, because people will probably ask: a picture of the watch, with a note that has your username and the date written on it.
+1 including the warranty cards and the presentation case too for the sake of authenticity.
Milkman39 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:57:37 AM

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f25/formula-1-club-597172-3.html

Post #47 is the exact watch. I will get the warranty information and box together in a picture soon.

That will not be a problem. I just don't want anyone who is not trustworthy to respond. So if you don't have people that can vouch for you please do not waste my time. I am not shipping off a watch to some guy that has no credibility.

I am offering the watch as collateral because I don't have credibility. Trying to gain some. Plus I need to get my son his hockey equipment and this was one of the few things the person who broke into my house didn't get. I keep it buried in my closet.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 09:04:55 AM

You could PM Patrick or BurtWagner to ask as they're the resident loaners here too  Wink
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 09:17:17 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2012, 09:27:27 AM by farfiman

Why go through all the trouble of sending an 800$ watch in the mail to borrow 60btc that you
would have to convert to USD ( unless you have a sports store that accepts btc) - not knowing
how much you will get exactly and when you will get it. Wouldn't it be easier to find a pawn shop and get cash?

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 09:37:01 AM

Why go through all the trouble of sending an 800$ watch in the mail to borrow 60btc that you
would have to convert to USD ( unless you have a sports store that accepts btc) - not knowing
how much you will get exactly and when you will get it. Wouldn't it be easier to find a pawn shop and get cash?

Well, he does have a point there. Going the pawn shop route should be faster and more cheaper too IMHO
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 12:24:46 PM

Give me a fucking break.  You finally get out of newbie mode and make a beeline to the Lending section with your 02/2012 reg date and 18 whole posts.  Seems like a cookie cutter scam to me.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 01:01:48 PM

hmmm
slider1978

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 02:46:55 PM

hmmm

hey now thats not an official "hmmm"  Grin
Milkman39 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 03:16:04 PM

Hey,

I love how people have called me a scam since day one. I have not stole/scammed anything from anyone. I have not done anything wrong. I did not know that it was a scam to try for a loan. Especially with collateral. I am not asking for a "unsecured" loan.

Also I have called the pawn shops in my area and they do not buy new watches. It's bullshit. I have the paperwork as well as the box for it. My wife got it for me on our 5 year anniversary(not married that long, but been together that long). I really want the item back but I will consider selling it if the price is right. I have already spoke with her about it. If you don't believe me that's fine but I am telling you the truth. If you want to check up on me I am located in Buffalo NY. Go ahead call the pawn shops and they will all tell you that they do not want it because it's not brand new release and it's not old enough to take in as well.

idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 03:37:39 PM

hmmm

lol  Cheesy
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 05:18:17 PM

hmmm

I dont recall leasing my 'hmm' Tongue

You didn't! Mine had 3 m's ;P
PatrickHarnett

Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:13:46 PM

Hey,

I love how people have called me a scam since day one. I have not stole/scammed anything from anyone. I have not done anything wrong. I did not know that it was a scam to try for a loan. Especially with collateral. I am not asking for a "unsecured" loan.

Also I have called the pawn shops in my area and they do not buy new watches. It's bullshit. I have the paperwork as well as the box for it. My wife got it for me on our 5 year anniversary(not married that long, but been together that long). I really want the item back but I will consider selling it if the price is right. I have already spoke with her about it. If you don't believe me that's fine but I am telling you the truth. If you want to check up on me I am located in Buffalo NY. Go ahead call the pawn shops and they will all tell you that they do not want it because it's not brand new release and it's not old enough to take in as well.

I was also wondering about the pawn shop route - you're after a 240 loan on an 800 watch.  It would be a shame to have to sell it, and you wouldn't get nearly enough compared to purchase price.  I was also interested because I like the Tag designs, but gave up wearing watches a few years ago because I didn't need one.  I'm also going assume this loan would be replacement for the ice hockey gear (and I am aware some kids in Europe basically learn to skate the same time they learn to walk).

I think the main thing that puts me off is the term is quite long and I'm not sure how you would repay.
PatrickHarnett

Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 03:58:20 AM

Just so people are aware, because there is some interest in this, I have funded 70 coins to Milkman39.

I have a variety of information requested and provided and potentially a very nice watch.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 08:49:59 AM

Just so people are aware, because there is some interest in this, I have funded 70 coins to Milkman39.

I have a variety of information requested and provided and potentially a very nice watch.

But, did you get the watch first? Like in: before sending him the 70 BTC?
Milkman39 (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 12:17:08 PM

He did not due to the fact that he is in another continent. I offered to send it. We discussed terms and agreed upon them. I will not be defaulting on this. I am looking to gain respect among a great community. I have had a bad streak of luck lately and needed some help. I am so glad that there are genuine people left in the world.

I have an elated son as well. He is so happy that he is going to be able to play hockey now.Smiley
I am a happy father because the $500 I had already paid to sign him up will not be going to waste. I am actually super excited for him. Only a week away on Wednesday. So really like 9 more wake ups. I don't know who's more excited lol. I know he probably is.

I truly thank you from my heart Patrick. You are an amazing person and I am grateful to be able to chat with you. I actually have had the shoe on the other foot. I have made loans to people I have never met and to be honest I can only remember being taken twice. Of course that was in my younger years when I was living at home and didn't have a wife or child to care for.

Anyways I will be keeping yinz updated on my sons hockey if you want. I am so proud that I have the ability to be a great father. Again may god bless you Patrick.

Milkman39

edit:brain not working.....to early
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 12:24:48 PM

Well, you sticking around after receiving the funds is a good sign. Best of luck!
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 01:51:54 PM

If this works out there is still hope for humanity.....

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: